Sign in to follow this  
Costessey Posse

Playing to the whistle

Sorry just another moan in the hope it percolates to somebody important somewhere.

I've lost count the amount of goals we've conceded where we're too busy appealing for a foul than actually defending. Michael Bailey said Waford's 3rd was the 4th goal we've conceded this season with a defender's arm in the air. FOUR GOALS.  As a perfect example- against Arsenal, Hanley (not singling him out) was too busy appealing for a soft hand ball claim and in the process allowed Saka to get past him which led to the goal. I've also lost count the amount of times this happens in open play in general. Norwich players often go down too easy like a sack of spuds and show no strength or resilience. This loses possession too cheaply and makes us look soft. I'm constantly shouting "get up!" at our players lamely appealing for a free kick on the floor while the opposition marauds forwards into our half. It's pathetic sometimes.

We need to play to the whistle and stop appealing to the ref every time we lose the physical battle.

Moving on we need to get 'back to basics' and start the foundations from defence. I was happy with the line-up yesterday but was nervous about another 4-3-3. Sure enough, we were far too exposed in wide areas. It was suicide.

Edited by Costessey Posse
  • Thanks 1

As a team we must play to the whistle and not stop waiting/expecting a foul, only to loose focus/ground and opponents make up ground and put us in danger