Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

We haven’t signed good enough players!

18 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

There is a very valid excuse that players haven't had time to gel, Kabak and Normann have spent just over a week with the team for example, and Tzolis is being slowly introduced.  If i was the board I'd be thinking formal review in November to give him plenty of time and then taking action in December ahead of the window.

I do appreciate your response bot and some good points.

However.....

Does the premier League have to wait for players to gel? Is it a valid excuse? Shall we tell the league to halt for a while? Have other clubs had more time than us? Theres no margin for error. Farke is a brilliant manager but unfortunately it's going stale for a second time - he still has time but it's running out. The fact it's happening again is extremely worrying - he's had a go at this before. Would you give him a 3rd attempt if this one doesn't work?

Other managers have succeeded at this level and kept us up - maybe not for long but it's been competitive. 

We're acting like we deserve concessions for being here but this league doesn't care and it never will. 

I hope in the next few games we turn it around. I really do.

Edited by Chelm Canary

6 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

he still has time but it's running out. The fact it's happening again is extremely worrying - he's had a go at this before. Would you give him a 3rd attempt if this one doesn't work?

If we're so cut adrift and playing like this by mid-season then no, on reflection,  I don't think you could.

Even if he's the man to bring us back through the championship this whole experiment would've been shown to have a ceiling and we need a different game plan as part of rebuild, with more experience and physicality to our game.  I think he likes the job currently due to being able to work a special brand of football, so we'd be forced to go our separate ways based on that difference I feel.

Right now this season is shaping up worse than the previous for me.  Even in 19/20 I felt that someone was able to salvage points in games.  Carried that hope every game until the day it was confirmed we were heading back down.  I don't remember us being so outplayed and embarrassed in games really.

In 19/20 it felt that we lacked a few better players.  But this season, we just seem to lack so much everywhere, even the basics seem to allude us - which is why I just hope it is lack of familiarity and players still adapting to this league/country.  It's just such a mess to even get a decent read on things really.

• Like 2

Football is a team sport.

Last season we had one of the best defences in the division with a very settled back four.

The Watford game was played with two new players in the back line.

We also had two out of three new midfielders playing (one on debut).

Up front we also had two new players playing.

We had 6 new players in all playing. A number of whom were late signings.

Plus we're now playing 433.

If that amount of change isn't a recipe for misunderstandings and individual errors I don't know what is.

The Watford game came too early for us with all the late signings we made.

If we could have afforded to sign all those players in pre season and bed them in we would have done so.

Then maybe we'd have had a different result.

Anyone who thinks that the Watford result means that Farke is a bad manager or that our new players are poor signings is running the risk of coming back in the next life as a dung beetle. 

This was always going to be a tough fixture.

• Like 2

I recall that when Bales was sold for big money by Spurs, most of the money was given to the manager to spend.

he bought loads, but only Ericsson made the grade.

I have  feeling that may happen on a lesser scale with Emi’s tranfer money.

let’s face it, our only true ambition to buy several young players, with the simple aim of developing them into we can sell at a profit.

That’s no way to become an established PL club.

Just now, Bradwell canary said:

I recall that when Bales was sold for big money by Spurs, most of the money was given to the manager to spend.

he bought loads, but only Ericsson made the grade.

I have  feeling that may happen on a lesser scale with Emi’s tranfer money.

let’s face it, our only true ambition to buy several young players, with the simple aim of developing them into we can sell at a profit.

What is the way to become an established PL club?

28 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Not overnight perhaps, but long-term it can be.

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What is the way to become an established PL club?

I can tell you the best way Nutty. Get the club bought by a country (yes a country) it helps if it's an oil rich middle eastern one. 

12 hours ago, Bonzo said:

Football is a team sport.

Last season we had one of the best defences in the division with a very settled back four.

The Watford game was played with two new players in the back line.

We also had two out of three new midfielders playing (one on debut).

Up front we also had two new players playing.

We had 6 new players in all playing. A number of whom were late signings.

Plus we're now playing 433.

If that amount of change isn't a recipe for misunderstandings and individual errors I don't know what is.

The Watford game came too early for us with all the late signings we made.

If we could have afforded to sign all those players in pre season and bed them in we would have done so.

Then maybe we'd have had a different result.

Anyone who thinks that the Watford result means that Farke is a bad manager or that our new players are poor signings is running the risk of coming back in the next life as a dung beetle. 

This was always going to be a tough fixture.

Watford had 5 new players starting from last season. Only 1 less than us. Yes most were in earlier than us but they also had pre season matches cancelled and covid. The difference is most of the players they signed have Premier league experience. We have gambled on young inexperienced players with potential. The players they have signed will not be good investments in terms of sell on value but could be gpod investments if by not having to get used to a new league and country  they get going quicker as shown on Saturday. We have gambled and could have a very large gap to catch up if the players do not gell very soon. Also they kept Sarr. He is head and shoulders their best player and even though he didn't have a great game on Saturday he still scored as many in 90 as we have all season. We need to get our act together and soon. 

39 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

Watford had 5 new players starting from last season. Only 1 less than us. Yes most were in earlier than us but they also had pre season matches cancelled and covid. The difference is most of the players they signed have Premier league experience. We have gambled on young inexperienced players with potential. The players they have signed will not be good investments in terms of sell on value but could be gpod investments if by not having to get used to a new league and country  they get going quicker as shown on Saturday. We have gambled and could have a very large gap to catch up if the players do not gell very soon. Also they kept Sarr. He is head and shoulders their best player and even though he didn't have a great game on Saturday he still scored as many in 90 as we have all season. We need to get our act together and soon. 

Watford spent £27 million on Sarr 3 seasons ago. Our record ever signing is in the region of £9 million. The reality is that at the moment we're not in a position to compete financially with the Watford's of this world. I know that an awful lot of people on here will wail and nash their teeth at that statement, but it's true nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What we must keep doing is taking things out of context in order to say "it's worse than that we're dead Jim"....

"There's binners on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow, there's..........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Watford spent £27 million on Sarr 3 seasons ago. Our record ever signing is in the region of £9 million. The reality is that at the moment we're not in a position to compete financially with the Watford's of this world. I know that an awful lot of people on here will wail and nash their teeth at that statement, but it's true nonetheless. 

Yes Watford spent big on him years ago but for Watford read Sarr and for Norwich read Buendia. They have kept their talisman  and we haven't. They could easily have cashed in.  They have added proven Premier league ready players and we have added potential all for more outlay. We have more than competed financially. If this will be enough to keep them up or not we don't know but from Saturdays  performance they are at least up to speed. Transfer market has them with a net spend of £5 million  and us at £25 million. We have sold our best player and spent that money plus another £25 million and look no where near ready. As said if our signings come good then we will make a lot of money when we sell them but we need players ready now. Sissoko cost about 3 million from spurs. He is towards the end of his career and you will not get a fee when selling him on but he was playing for France at the euros this summer. We have competed financially but needed a mix of ready made and potential in my mind. 

Edited by Canaries north

On 19/09/2021 at 19:13, Ken Hairy said:

Watford have signed the same amount of players as us 🤷‍♂️

If we saying we didn't get them in early enough that's on Webber, but it's the same every season since Webber and Farke have been here, no matter how early in the window we get our business done we always waste the first 1/3 of a season. You can get away with it in the Championship and still mount a promotion but that almost certainly guarantees relegation in the Premier. 

I'm usually truly in the happy clappers camp, but the 10 games it takes Farke sides to get up to speed when we change systems or bring new players in is such an issue.

• Like 1