Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What on earth has Sorensen got to do to get a game in our midfield? He’s always been tidy, he looks like he can read a game, he can pass, he can tackle.  All things that Kenny can’t. 
 

I’ve said this repeatedly on this site so don’t think I’m jumping on a bandwagon after a dire Kenny performance.  Kenny isn’t good enough at top end Championship level let alone PL. Kenny wasn’t good enough in the PL last time, nothing has changed. He hasn’t evolved as a player and isn’t good enough.  Time to stop messing about and given Sorensen a run out along side Normann in 4231 formation.  The formation that suits our players better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

What on earth has Sorensen got to do to get a game in our midfield? He’s always been tidy, he looks like he can read a game, he can pass, he can tackle.  All things that Kenny can’t. 
 

I’ve said this repeatedly on this site so don’t think I’m jumping on a bandwagon after a dire Kenny performance.  Kenny isn’t good enough at top end Championship level let alone PL. Kenny wasn’t good enough in the PL last time, nothing has changed. He hasn’t evolved as a player and isn’t good enough.  Time to stop messing about and given Sorensen a run out along side Normann in 4231 formation.  The formation that suits our players better. 

He must be awfull in training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jersey Canary said:

What on earth has Sorensen got to do to get a game in our midfield? He’s always been tidy, he looks like he can read a game, he can pass, he can tackle. 

I like Sorensen and watching Brentford on MOTD last night they highlighted a player who reminded me very much of Sorensen. Calm, efficient, effective, read the game well.  Can't remember his name, but no doubt someone will - just the sort of player we need and we have that type of player in Sorensen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Sorensen, the new Bechio

All players that aren't playing are better than the ones who are. Thats always the view of fans. Some of players have a chance Tuesday to give Farke a decision to make.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farke obviously doesn't rate him as a first XI player for whatever reason but hopefully his time will come and we can see what he can do. He looked alright in the Bournemouth game without ripping up any trees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

All players that aren't playing are better than the ones who are. Thats always the view of fans. Some of players have a chance Tuesday to give Farke a decision to make.

Sorensen did a wonderful job filling in at LB which he never played. Against Brentford of all teams and he looked the business. Unlucky to be dropped to be honest. Now let’s see what he can do in his preferred position, he’s young, he appears to be intelligent, let’s give him a go and watch him grow over the remainder of the season. If we go down we might have one hell of a player on our hands or a player we can sell.

Kenny has limited use and a declining value due to his age. Time to move over and let Sorensen have a go. It can’t go any worse surely? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJ said:

Farke obviously doesn't rate him as a first XI player for whatever reason but hopefully his time will come and we can see what he can do. He looked alright in the Bournemouth game without ripping up any trees

Sorensen hasn’t played for a while so it might take him a while to get into his stride. But what I would say is Sorensen Normann in front of the back 4 will give the team a bit more of a solid look especially as Sorensen can now appreciate the dangers for a LB when he’s covering from midfield. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Sorenson is a classic case of whoever is out of the team is suddenly rated better than they are. 

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a role for Sorenson but I don't think he puts his stamp on the midfield as much as some posters (myself included at times) would like. 

The above being said, we have the perfect game on Tuesday to try him in, a free-hit experiment. I'd like to see him alongside Normann in a 5-2-3/3-4-3 set up. 

                     Krul

Aarons Omo Kabak Gibson Dimi

          Sorenson  Normann

Rashica    Sargent    Tzolis 

Edited by Bovril
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Sorensen, the new Bechio

This. I’ve nothing against the guy, did a solid job covering LB in a crisis last season, has looked fine when he has played in midfield, not excelled though for me but a good option.

I’m not sure why people are acting like we have a world beater on the bench when there’s zero evidence of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bovril said:

I think Sorenson is a classic case of whoever is out of the team is suddenly rated better than they are. 

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a role for Sorenson but I don't think he puts his stamp on the midfield as much as some posters (myself included at times) would like. 

The above being said, we have the perfect game on Tuesday to try him in, a free-hit experiment. I'd like to see him alongside Normann in a 5-2-3/3-4-3 set up. 

                     Krul

Aarons Omo Kabak Gibson Dimi

          Sorenson  Normann

Rashica    Sargent    Tzolis 

Yep this line up looks excellent.

For me, we needed to go into this season with two DMs in the middle for every game and therefore should've bought in two more to support / rival Normann and Sorensen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorensen's ability to play centre back is a great asset especially if we are looking to switch formation. Good work rate, I can't think that he wouldn't chase back. 

Scored a great header pre-season, I would like to see us try to replicate that move. 

It's not about picking the best eleven players, we might also need the defensive abilities of Byram or even the pace of Placheta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorensen is one of those players who will get better and better according to some fans, without even playing, so long as we lose.

You would think the cup game against Liverpool would be a good chance to see how he stacks up at this level in his preferred position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bovril said:

I think Sorenson is a classic case of whoever is out of the team is suddenly rated better than they are. 

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a role for Sorenson but I don't think he puts his stamp on the midfield as much as some posters (myself included at times) would like. 

The above being said, we have the perfect game on Tuesday to try him in, a free-hit experiment. I'd like to see him alongside Normann in a 5-2-3/3-4-3 set up. 

                     Krul

Aarons Omo Kabak Gibson Dimi

          Sorenson  Normann

Rashica    Sargent    Tzolis 

Zero evidence for that as he has never been played in what we were told was his 'best' position (Bournemouth apart).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another career that will unfortunately stand still thanks to Farke. The club seems  to want to develop other clubs players before their own. Skipp, Gilmour and Williams will all benefit from playing for us while young players we own sit on the bench and probably be paid off like the other 7 this summer eventually. If Sorensen isn’t good enough then don’t come out to the press proclaiming your love about him and let him go out on loan to build a career elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

farke doesn't fancy him - end of, otherwise he would have played in the Championship last season.

I fail to see how he has suddenly got good enough for the premier league in the close season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2021 at 11:49, Bovril said:

The above being said, we have the perfect game on Tuesday to try him in, a free-hit experiment. 

What is all this "free hit" nonsense that everybody keeps talking about.

How about we try and win the game instead of having an "experiment" which can be done in a closed doors friendly against 'whoever' at any time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2021 at 11:49, Bovril said:

I think Sorenson is a classic case of whoever is out of the team is suddenly rated better than they are. 

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a role for Sorenson but I don't think he puts his stamp on the midfield as much as some posters (myself included at times) would like. 

The above being said, we have the perfect game on Tuesday to try him in, a free-hit experiment. I'd like to see him alongside Normann in a 5-2-3/3-4-3 set up. 

                     Krul

Aarons Omo Kabak Gibson Dimi

          Sorenson  Normann

Rashica    Sargent    Tzolis 

I've posted something similar in another thread. I think we need two holding midfielders to sit in front of the back 4 to make us harder to breakdown. Only Normann and Sorenson seem fit for this role, so therefore I would be playing him. Not because of the 'Becchio rule', but because we don't have anyone else capable of doing the job required.

Get through to January and hopefully grind out a run of decent results, like Hughton did in his first season. We can then look at buying an upgrade in that position, preferably someone with a bit of Premier league experience.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t hate the idea of him in the middle with Normann against Liverpool. He is very highly thought of in the club and also young, I think it’s just a case of the chance presenting itself and him take it, that could be tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2021 at 12:13, hogesar said:

Sorensen is one of those players who will get better and better according to some fans, without even playing, so long as we lose.

You would think the cup game against Liverpool would be a good chance to see how he stacks up at this level in his preferred position.

You say that, but why isn't there the same clamour for say, Kieron Dowell? 

Sorenson has shown how good he is in several appearances last season. He plays in a position we are badly lacking, that's why most fans want to see him tried. It's a popular opinion and not one that lacks credibility or is as stupid as you imply. And it certainly isn't another Becchio situation. 

 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't he also been hampered by Covid, that's the reason he hasn't been played so far.  As others have said I can see him alongside Normann eventually, in front of Omobamidele & Kabak.  But whether that's under Farke .......... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2021 at 12:26, yellowrider120 said:

Zero evidence for that as he has never been played in what we were told was his 'best' position (Bournemouth apart).

Not quite true - Barnsley away last season and Coventry in the FA Cup last season, but not enough evidence to really go on I'll grant you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd that they gave him a new contract at the start of the year if he is not rated. He has to be better than McLean surely, if not, sell him immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You say that, but why isn't there the same clamour for say, Kieron Dowell? 

Sorenson has shown how good he is in several appearances last season. He plays in a position we are badly lacking, that's why most fans want to see him tried. It's a popular opinion and not one that lacks credibility or is as stupid as you imply. And it certainly isn't another Becchio situation. 

 

Purely because we aren't screaming out for a number 10 right now - heck, we don't really play with one right now.

However, Dowell certainly proved himself more than Sorensen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully sorensen won't get fed up and leave us. He's a very good young all rounder and professional at what he does. Going to be bold here and say I'd play him over Gilmour 😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2021 at 12:13, hogesar said:

Sorensen is one of those players who will get better and better according to some fans, without even playing, so long as we lose.

You would think the cup game against Liverpool would be a good chance to see how he stacks up at this level in his preferred position.

You wouldn’t change a winning team and Sorensens alienation is a strange one. He is a good football player and at least deserves a chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with much said on here Mathias and Sorensen will give the defence the protection it desperately needs.  Mathias will not play tonight in fact in Saturday's team will be only a couple of players from that team.  Farke needs to find a way to find solution to clean sheets and eliminate errors before we can expect to seek victories, however not a trail Farke has followed in the PL.  No sign of any experimentation to solve the defensive crisis, with Kabak on board must try 3 CB's but will he?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He does look a calm player and ready to play a decent game in whatever position he has been picked to play in.

We have given him a new contract so they must like him.

And he did play in the Championship a decent amount last year and he was never going to get in ahead of injury free Skipp.

But Skipp has gone but has not been replaced. Sorenson looks that type of player, maybe not as good, who would sit and cover allowing the full backs to get forward. Just the sort to cover for Williams who is reluctant to get forward in a 4-3-3 which is too narrow and in which Rashica doesn't appear to like covering much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...