NFN FC

Team for Scouse Red

Just now, canarycop said:

Idah did enough in the recent internationals to show he can hold play up and bring people into play. If we are to have some success this season a majority of our goals will have to come from the likes of Cantwell, Tzolis, Rashica etc. I am a big fan of Sorensen and really hope he gets his opportunity soon. I fear Gilmore will be a shoe in due to some agreement with Chelsea. I like the team mentioned just think Sorensen will be left out again for Lees Melou

I agree about an agreement with Chelsea and gilmour being here.. I think idah work rate is fantastic, these type of games are for players like him to stick out and show the boss he's not just making the numbers in the squad. OK he might not score loads but his work rate is fantastic. Look at the Irish team, very little creativity and same for us at the minute. PLM knows he'll get in the squad soon enough, just feel sorry for sorensen, deserves minutes

We have to go with our first 11 again. They need to gel. Maybe 1 or 2 changes but ultimately go with our best team. Switch it out 2/3rds in. Perhaps Gunn in goal but that's about the only change.

10 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

It does seem quite strange that Dowell has gone from a starter at Arsenal to not even being on the bench yesterday (unless he was injured / ill of course). At Arsenal he had a very decent first half although quickly faded after half time. Very surprised to see him axed altogether. 

8 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

This!! Exactly this!

I’d go with that, kabak above all needs game time. 

Possibly Gunn for Krul

Same back 4 - we need a settled defence, the constant changes aren't working

Same midfield - they need to understand how to gel together.

Sargent, Cantwell,  Tzolis up top.

It's unfortunate for the fringe players but needs must I'm afraid.

Gunn

Mumba, AO (lets go), Kabak, Dimi

Normann, PLM

Rashica,       Dowell,         Tzollis

Idah

Until about 60-70 minutes when I would take Raschia / Normann / Tzollis off to give them a rest for Saturday (for Sargent, Cantwell, Sorensen).  With the aim of trying to balance getting Kabak / Normann and to a lesser extent Tzollis / Sargent / PLM used to playing for us, without exhausting them.

As its a cup game I'd personally fancy something like this, bring in some of the fringe players like mumba and gunn, give minutes to players who are close to the squad like gianoulis, Idah etc. But not completely overhauling the team. 

We have brought in 2 fast wingers with the apparent aim of whipping crosses in and Idah looked a real handful on the international break with his hold up play which can bring these guys in to the game perfectly. Sargent seemed really lively and I think he could make runs from deep to free up space and scare CBs, I envisage him and idah causing real problems in and around the box with their speed, height and strength on the counter which will likely be our main opportunities against Liverpool.

This formation is one we're more use to, and also gives us the 2 defensive midfielders to shield our back 4 which has clearly been an issue so far this season. Normann's slick passing ability will allow us to bring our wide players and attacking full backs in to great positions to service the big men up top. 

Would happily see something along these lines, but more likely to see the no.10 position filled in with cantwell or dowell instead, and maybe kabak in the back 4 to help him get match fit as I think he will be an asset for us this year When he's up to speed. 

Screenshot_20210919_231759.thumb.jpg.e77bbf76da533c47d31718787609d811.jpg

Gunn

Mumba     Omobamidele     Kabak     Williams

Sorensen     Normann     Lees-Melou

Cantwell     Tzolis

Idah

6 of the same 11 from the Bournemouth game. Ideally get some minutes into the legs of Sargent, Dowell, Giannoulis or the much-maligned Rupp too. 

Probably too many changes for a side that really needs some positivity right now, particularly against one of the top clubs in the country. But I'd like to see all of the above get some valuable pitch-time and push for starting slots.

13 hours ago, Move Klose said:

After aarons and McLeans performance yesterday, no thanks.

Could say that for all apart from Sargent and maybe Krul.