NFN FC

Team for Scouse Red

As everyone on here is a slating various aspect of the team and coach, what would you football experts like to see chucked out against Liverpool? 😉

Here's what I would like to see:

Gunn

Mumba Andy O Gibbo Giannoulis 

Normann  Rupp

Rachica.    Dowell    Tzolis

Pukki

Gunn 

Mumba 

Kabak 

Omabamidele 

Gianoulis 

Sorenson 

Normann 

Cantwell 

Dowell 

Tzolis 

Sargent

I imagine it will be used as an opportunity to give minutes to those who didn't play yesterday, so:

Gunn; Mumba, Omobamidele, Gibson, Giannoulis; Rupp, Sorensen, Lees-Melou; Dowell, Idah, Tzolis/Cantwell. 

One of Cantwell or Tzolis will likely play against Everton, so whichever one is going to get the nod in the league would miss out.

It does seem quite strange that Dowell has gone from a starter at Arsenal to not even being on the bench yesterday (unless he was injured / ill of course). At Arsenal he had a very decent first half although quickly faded after half time. Very surprised to see him axed altogether. 

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

It does seem quite strange that Dowell has gone from a starter at Arsenal to not even being on the bench yesterday (unless he was injured / ill of course). At Arsenal he had a very decent first half although quickly faded after half time. Very surprised to see him axed altogether. 

Hard to play a number 10 when you have decided to no longer have that position in your lineups

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hard to play a number 10 when you have decided to no longer have that position in your lineups

Think the issue is, last time out in the prem we was always getting over run in midfield and a no10 wasn't really effecting games. So we've decided that's not the way for us, obviously this isn't really working. 

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Who would replace Pukki who scored. Really? And drop Sargent too...for Idah? Ok...not for me

Sargent has a hamstring issue that's why he came off yesterday.

Play idah, **** the cup.

Just now, Leedscanary said:

Play the perceived 1st 11 and try and gain some confidence against a 2nd string Liverpool before the next PL game

as long as they win. 

? 

?             ?             ?           ?

?                         Rupp

?                 ?            ? 

? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

? 

?             ?             ?           ?

?                         Rupp

?                 ?            ? 

? 

?

Rupp Rupp Rupp Rupp

Rupp        Rupp

Rupp    Rupp   Rupp

Farke

We need to bed in our new players and fast! 

Krul 

Aarons Kabak Omobamidele Giannoulis

Normann

Lees-Melou Maclean 

Sargent Tzolis 

Pukki

GK.  Gunn

CB.  Gibson

CB.  Omo

CB.  Kabak

LWB.  Giannoulis 

RWB.  Mumba

CM.  Normann

CM.  Lees-Melou

AM.  Cantwell

ST.  Sargent 

ST.  Idah

10 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

We need to bed in our new players and fast! 

Krul 

Aarons Kabak Omobamidele Giannoulis

Normann

Lees-Melou Maclean 

Sargent Tzolis 

Pukki

After aarons and McLeans performance yesterday, no thanks.

I think it’s important we play the team we expect to play in the league against Everton. 
with all the issues pre season and the late signings we need to gain some consistency and understanding amongst the players. They need to learn to play together as a unit (especially the defence).

I know Farke is searching for his best 11 but all the shifting of players in last coupe of games isn’t helping. 
Start with the planned first 11 and the whatever the score switch it after 60 mins to give a rest to those who need it ahead of Everton 

• Like 3

Need to go 3 at the back at Everton

Use this as a practice match...

Krul

Aarons  Kabak Hanley Gibson Williams

Gilmour  Normann Lees-Melou

Sargent   Pukki

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

I think it’s important we play the team we expect to play in the league against Everton. 
with all the issues pre season and the late signings we need to gain some consistency and understanding amongst the players. They need to learn to play together as a unit (especially the defence).

I know Farke is searching for his best 11 but all the shifting of players in last coupe of games isn’t helping. 
Start with the planned first 11 and the whatever the score switch it after 60 mins to give a rest to those who need it ahead of Everton 

11 changes incoming

Screenshot_20210919-111527_Twitter.jpg

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

Yeah the good thing is there's a decent turnaround time between Scouse red and Scouse blue

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Need to go 3 at the back at Everton

Use this as a practice match...

Krul

Aarons  Kabak Hanley Gibson Williams

Gilmour  Normann Lees-Melou

Sargent   Pukki

If you're going to play wing backs think Giannoulis would be better, especially the way Williams defended yesterday.

Go back to a 4-2-3-1 and put out our strongest side. Liverpool won't be at full strength, perfect opportunity to go back to the tried and tested. It doesn't matter who we're up against, winning is a habit we need to get into quickly. What better way than to start Tuesday night

4 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

If you're going to play wing backs think Giannoulis would be better, especially the way Williams defended yesterday.

Either or....dont think Giannoulis is a particularly good defender.

First and foremost we need to stop conceding goals

This is a difficult one because on the one hand we need to give the squad players a run out but on the other hand we have to get the first 11 gel-ing. 
If it was me I would go for the following;

Gunn

Mumba, Andy, Kabak, Giananoulis

Normann, Sorensen

Tzolis. Dowell Rachica

Sargent

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Agree completely. One of the biggest problems is that there has been little opportunity for the newcomers in particular to gel. We must play the likely starting eleven to turn out against Everton. For me it must definitely be Sargent IN and McClean OUT.

2 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Gunn

Mumba Omabamidele Kabak Dimi

Norman Sorenson

Sargent Cantwell Tzolis

Idah

This!! Exactly this!

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

This!! Exactly this!

Idah did enough in the recent internationals to show he can hold play up and bring people into play. If we are to have some success this season a majority of our goals will have to come from the likes of Cantwell, Tzolis, Rashica etc. I am a big fan of Sorensen and really hope he gets his opportunity soon. I fear Gilmore will be a shoe in due to some agreement with Chelsea. I like the team mentioned just think Sorensen will be left out again for Lees Melou