Yes, I watched it, although I knew I shouldn't.  Was interested (why, I don't know) to hear what the pundits would say (even though I know they are a waste of space) and even with all that, I was still staggered at the moral ineptitude of Martin Keown's comments.  Wrote is off, dismissed us as a nothing team, not even a comment on the defence, or comments about new players, mistakes that players made etc......just a totally ignorant put down. 

Yes, I know, it's MOTD and what you'd expect and at the time I laughed and let it wash over me. But here's the thing - I woke up at 5.30 this morning and the first thing that came to my head were his words - and then I couldn't get them out of my head and I'm thinking - how is someone allowed to go on a flagship BBC football programme and offer nothing at all?  How morally bancrupt is it to write off a team in the way he did?  Was it just brutal truth - and if even so - is that really what MOTD is there for?  Is it wrong to think that someone who is there to comment on the game should actually do that, rather than just dismiss us in the way he did? 

Nil respect in my book and that was a new low for me. Even Shearer and Lineker are usually a bit more careful with what they say about us and other teams who are struggling - at least trying to offer something to give supporters of those clubs watching their programme a bit of hope or at least something of interest.  I know Keown is known for being like he is, but that was beyond the pale. 

We are down at the moment, but we are not out - and we will improve - but really, the BBC can and should do better.

Point 1, Keown although brief and to the point was spot on. 

Point 2, Don't mention the BBC you'll set 'Buh' off again..... 

• Like 1

He wasn’t wrong LDC. We offer nothing at this level. We can’t defend, we’re toothless in attack, sure we can pass the ball sideways across the back line but we lack any kind of credible “threat” in this league, no team is worried about playing us, we’re a routine 3 points for anyone, even the sides we get promoted with.

• Like 7

Really very simple . Don’t watch it . 

What do you expect ? We hold the record for relegations , went straight done last year , sit bottom of the league without a win.

When your mum told you not to look into the sun , I bet you did . 

I watched Trading Places. One of the greats. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

They were spot on no way we will stay up with this team playing like that , none of them looked premiership players , Brentford are so much better looked quality 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When your mum told you not to look into the sun , I bet you did . 

Risked page 3 I bet! 😊 

• Haha 1

Ok, I've watched it again and he was a bit more circumspect than I thought, but still think he could have commented on what actually happened in the match rather than a rather insulting "they don't look like premier league players".  They ARE premier league players, whether he thinks they look like it or not.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, I've watched it again and he was a bit more circumspect than I thought, but still think he could have commented on what actually happened in the match rather than a rather insulting "they don't look like premier league players".  They ARE premier league players, whether he thinks they look like it or not.

How can you say they ARE premier league players until they have proven that they can cut it at this level? On the evidence of what we’ve seen so far which players would be getting a move to any other PL club at the end of the season? Maybe Aarons but that’s it

Edited by Virtual reality

Norwich City fully deserve all the criticism that comes their way, whether it is from MOTD or anywhere else. And from yesterday's performance, it will only get worse. 

We have no points, Farke has the worst record of consecutive defeats in the EPL, our recruitment has been poor and commentators  question whether we have the desire to stay in the EPL. 

The club only has itself to blame and it is up to them to do something about it, starting now. 

16 minutes ago, Norfolk samuel said:

You sell your best player by a country mile just as you get promoted to the hardest league in the world...what the hell can you expect..its beyond hilarious. 

Think Villa did the same

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

how is someone allowed to go on a flagship BBC football programme and offer nothing at all? 

It's a good job you're allowed in the Premier League whilst offering nothing at all else we wouldn't even be on MOTD.

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What he should have said is that we have no players of Premier league quality.

BBC comments are spot on. We are a Premiership joke.Just as we were when Farke led us to relegation last time.  None of our players showed they were Premiership standard. None. We are the softest 3 points for any opposition in the league. What can be done? We have a policy of selling on our talent, leaving behind the players with no ambition, just making up the numbers and marking time while taking the money, or like Hanley gently seeing out the end of a career. All of this is true, it hurts to hear it, and the supporters deserve better. Hence booing at the end of the game.

Didn’t watch it - didn’t want to watch it - but totally unsurprising. Fact of the matter is we’ve already been written off by fans of every other club and the pundits too. Other teams see us as an easy 3 points. Just here to make up the numbers. It’s embarrassing. Again. 

They think we’re a joke. As does most if not all of the outside media. Problem is we do nothing to dispel this. We just carry on with the same mistakes, same inadequacies, same style of play which has brought zero reward. What do you expect! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Comments were fair. The more the pressure from all directions the more the club might wake up and actually do something about it. Nicey nicey glossing it all over won't get us anywhere. I have never known, in 40+ years of supporting, the disdain in which we are now held.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

He wasn’t wrong LDC. We offer nothing at this level. We can’t defend, we’re toothless in attack, sure we can pass the ball sideways across the back line but we lack any kind of credible “threat” in this league, no team is worried about playing us, we’re a routine 3 points for anyone, even the sides we get promoted with.

I guess something we can take as a positive is this is the kind of thing you and plenty of others told me after the Derby game last season. So there's hope you end up wrong!

45 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Did they? Who was that?

That’s quite funny

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I guess something we can take as a positive is this is the kind of thing you and plenty of others told me after the Derby game last season. So there's hope you end up wrong!

You told us this campaign would be better than the last in the premiership so there's hope you are right. Lakey..I think you would see positives if we lost every game in the league.

• Haha 1