Sign in to follow this  
Mook

Our new Formation is 6-0-4?

What the hell was going on after half time today?

We had 6 defenders and 4 forwards, and NOBODY to link the play. I haven''t been happy with Nigel Worthington for a long time, but that formation was the worst I have seen since I left Primary School.

And don''t get me started on Darren Huckerby, he could at least do a Rivers and look like he''s trying to track back ...

agreed, how many midfielders have we bought, how many do we have and still safri is the only good one, shocking. Still roll on the summer so we can by three or four more hopeless ones like hughes and co, neglecting widemen as usual.

I agree about hux - he was awful and disinterested;  just to add to the conspiracy theorists was his perfomance today a backlash to being dropped and the first sign that there is some dressing room unrest?

And did anyone else notice HUghes warming up completely apart from the rest of the team?

(Tongue in cheek commet about dressing room unrest;  but hux looked far from happy...)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I agree about hux - he was awful and disinterested;  just to add to the conspiracy theorists was his perfomance today a backlash to being dropped and the first sign that there is some dressing room unrest?

And did anyone else notice HUghes warming up completely apart from the rest of the team?

(Tongue in cheek commet about dressing room unrest;  but hux looked far from happy...)

[/quote]

hux wasnt the only one. mcveigh didnt play at all like he has recently, admittadly its his first game at left wing for some time and he as never been much kop at right wing.

Totally agree with all of you. For most of the 90 minutes our midfield was non-existent and there was no link up play. Even Safri was getting caught out on the ball which is very unusual for him but i thought our midfield could have at least put themselves around a bit more and look a bit more interested.

As I have pointed out on another thread, Worthy has shown he is incapable of playing the right tactics for this league.

Paul, you''re right, McVeigh didn''t have the same impact as he has recently, but he still nearly put us back in the lead with an outrageous flick-up, overhead kick! Showed some nice touches, held the ball up and laid it off well but has played better.

But Huckerby? Although he''s a Norwich legend, we all know he can be frustrating. But yesterday was downright rubbish, disinterested, petulant, lazy and his non-participation pretty much lost us the game IMO. Ok, it was Nigel''s fault for taking off the midfield, but as I said earlier - Hux could have at least looked like he cared.