Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Substitute criticism just wrong!!

My second rant of the morning, concerns the criticism of Farke’s substitutions yesterday (Jack and Chris Reeve hang your head in shame!!). Yes both players had played well (indeed very promising!!). But both were clearly flagging. Neumanns ( most impressive for 60 minutes a lot to come from him) failure to even run after the man running into the box for their second, showed how knackered he was after his first start!! Sargent had covered every blade for 60 minutes and was also flagging, after an injury last week. The lack of perspective, and reading of the game by some so called experts is quite unbelievable. A particular poor show by Talk Norwich City ( the Reeve boys, usually very impressive), ranting the negative drivel, and reeving up their band of loyal followers into a frenzy of anti Farke garbage - don’t let your small element of fame go to your heads lads!!! Yes disappointing - but hardly surprising!! Given all the new players!!  Many a revolution regretted what followed!! - the anti Farke sentiment is really despicable, just be careful of what you wish for lads!! 

Neumann (???) Hardly ever plays 90 mins, was injured most of last season, and we know Sargent wasn't fully fit. 

People were pissed off Gilmour and Rashica were so useless but Farke is hamstrung by lack of fitness in the squad.

Agreed, both were excellent but ran out of steam. I would even say that Normann was best player on pitch for whole first half. Also gotta remember that due to current tech coaches likely get to know much more about fatigue levels of their players than can be seen just watching game.

What is Farke doing selecting professional sportsmen who cannot run for 90 minutes? They are either fit to play or they do not get selected. 

• Like 1

Not commenting on yesterday’s subs but I can’t really recall Farke ever making a substitution that improved us. I’m sure he must have done but it’s rare. Usually he is reactive rather than proactive. 

9 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

What is Farke doing selecting professional sportsmen who cannot run for 90 minutes? They are either fit to play or they do not get selected. 

So you'd rather he started with, say, Rupp instead of Normann, for example?

Fuzzar, I would rather have a squad of professional sportsmen who are prepared and committed to play for 90 minutes. Too much to ask?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Fuzzar, I would rather have a squad of professional sportsmen who are prepared and committed to play for 90 minutes. Too much to ask?

I'll leave it there - I don't want your tiny brain to explode.

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

I'll leave it there - I don't want your tiny brain to explode.

Is that the best you can do? Childish insults? 

If he was going to take Sargent off then Idah was clearly the replacement and if Normann was flagging then a straight swap for Rupp was the obvious move. Taking off the two most physical players and replacing them with powder puffs killed the contest stone dead.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

If he was going to take Sargent off then Idah was clearly the replacement and if Normann was flagging then a straight swap for Rupp was the obvious move. Taking off the two most physical players and replacing them with powder puffs killed the contest stone dead.

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Especially when we already had several powder puffs on the pitch

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Powder puffs - we needed a goal for crying out load, Cantwell arguably our most creative player and Tzolis our most promising, and you argue they are the wrong substitutes!! Go and support Subbuteo until you learn to grow up Ricardo old son !! 

1 minute ago, Rhino1 said:

Powder puffs - we needed a goal for crying out load, Cantwell arguably our most creative player and Tzolis our most promising, and you argue they are the wrong substitutes!! Go and support Subbuteo until you learn to grow up Ricardo old son !! 

I think you will find the vast majority will agree with me. Any hope of getting something from the game vanished when those changes were made.

I think you will find the vast majority will agree with me. Any hope of getting something from the game vanished when those changes were made.

100% - Sergeant and Normann were the two positives from yesterday until they tired (understandably), it should have been a like for like exchange (at least physically)... so that's Idah for Sergeant and Rupp for Normann (not ideal but as close as we have)

My point exactly, ignorant and myopic, the majority of you “hang your heads in shame”! 

We needed a goal and were lacking creativity, and people think Rupp would’ve been the answer!?! He’s also not a physical replacement for Normann so fails on both counts.

Idah earlier would’ve been better but again, we needed creativity. Pukki proved he would put chances away, we just weren’t getting the right pass to him. Bringing on Tzolis and Todd were absolutely the right moves.

And Tzolis is not powder puff 

10 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

My point exactly, ignorant and myopic, the majority of you “hang your heads in shame”! 

You need to go give your head a little wobbling old boy, you've got some anger issues building up. It's a lovely morning go take a stroll to clear your head 👍

The booing of subs is the only thing I found pathetic from a section of our fans yesterday.

They were booing before knowing the replacement, it was just because a player who done well like Sargent was coming off - but these fans are 100% blind when it comes to football and didn't seem to realise he had absolutely ran himself into the ground.

• Like 1

Farke continues to think sacrificing midfielders for extra attacking players is the way to chase games but you often just end up losing any midfield platform and thus becoming less threatening. He did it at Arsenal too. 

23 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

These aggressive broadsides are impressing nobody.

Whilst I largely agree with your overall points about both the booing of the team and the criticism of the substitutions, there's simply no need to talk to one of our most respected posters like that. Ricardo takes the trouble to write us a match report every week, and is an excellent barometer of where the club and team is at; he's one of a few fans on here who has been supporting the club for a lot longer than the 50+ years of service you claim.

I would respectfully suggest that you perhaps go and sling your excrement around on one of the club's Facebook fan groups if you lack the necessary decency to debate respectfully. I know it's easy to show some attitude from behind the anonymity of a username, but you're coming across as pretty lame.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

We needed a goal and were lacking creativity, and people think Rupp would’ve been the answer!?! He’s also not a physical replacement for Normann so fails on both counts.

Idah earlier would’ve been better but again, we needed creativity. Pukki proved he would put chances away, we just weren’t getting the right pass to him. Bringing on Tzolis and Todd were absolutely the right moves.

And Tzolis is not powder puff 

Absolutely Fiery Zac - a lot of Ipsh- - t teenagers on today, wading in winding up the true city supporters, and they are falling for it. None of this negativity helps the team!! Just adds to the”noise” and undermines confidence!!! 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

These aggressive broadsides are impressing nobody.

Whilst I largely agree with your overall points about both the booing of the team and the criticism of the substitutions, there's simply no need to talk to one of our most respected posters like that. Ricardo takes the trouble to write us a match report every week, and is an excellent barometer of where the club and team is at; he's one of a few fans on here who has been supporting the club for a lot longer than the 50+ years of service you claim.

I would respectfully suggest that you perhaps go and sling your excrement around on one of the club's Facebook fan groups if you lack the necessary decency to debate respectfully. I know it's easy to show some attitude from behind the anonymity of a username, but you're coming across as pretty lame.

Shame the truth hurts Werewolf, or whatever your name is - Ricardo may take the trouble to write a match report ( and often very good by the way) but if he lets emotion get in the way of logic and insight he also needs to be called out. Go and ground together in the corner of the playground and see if you youngsters can come up with something supportive of the team, rather than just throw stones at them which helps them not!! 

3 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Shame the truth hurts Werewolf, or whatever your name is - Ricardo may take the trouble to write a match report ( and often very good by the way) but if he lets emotion get in the way of logic and insight he also needs to be called out. Go and ground together in the corner of the playground and see if you youngsters can come up with something supportive of the team, rather than just throw stones at them which helps them not!! 

Ricardo is a consistently polite poster who has been a long term feature of this forum. He was also only disagreeing with you and was expressing a reasonable opinion. I don't necessarily agree with it, but its what this forum is for. 

Most people here, including me, have got het up and said unfair things to other people on the internet. If we want to talk about maturity then the sign of an adult is the ability to realise when you are being absolutely unreasonable and to apologise. I suggest you consider that and maybe familiarise yourself with the PM feature, to send a much needed sorry. 

23 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

My name's Matt, nice to meet you. I don't feel the need to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, plenty on here know me in real life. 

If you fancy a reasoned debate I'm more than happy to join in, otherwise I've nothing further to say.

I agree with the Chris and Jack Reeve - I have just had one of them try and turn their fanbase on me on twitter for daring to criticise them and suggest that some of what they have been saying was what Farke was challenging.

It's funny how some think that criticism is a one way street.