Rhino1

City fans “Shame on You” - myopic & ignorant!

19 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Indeed, if it was the whole team. I should have been clearer that I had Normann in mind who just seemed to stop. He'd been having a very good game up to that point, but I am led to believe he is still not fully match fit and hasn't completed a game this season after coming back from injury. It is a fair criticism to say that this should have been better monitored during the game and a substitutuion made earlier. Otherwise I stand by my claim that excluding those costly two or three errors City competed equally with Watford (as Farke commented and the stats suggest). And I certainly stand by my support for Rhino 1's claim that the booing was unacceptable and very unhelpful.

I agree booing isn't very helpful. Think after the third went in, people were getting frustrated and one thing led to another. 

Normann, not sure on his injury. Played 4 games in the Russian League and went immediately on international duty after joining and played for his country. 

Nevertheless, this season could be long and very painful. Media slagging us off every opportunity, they good at winding fans up. Airing your views on this forum is likely to have little affect, cant imagine any of the players read this forum. However, social media may get through to players easier. 

Edited by Baracouda

I'm still 100% behind Farke and talk of sacking him is premature. However, being competitive with Watford at home is not really accurate. There was only one team who looked like winning that and they could have had more as the expected goals showed. Also, if we are happy to be 'fairly even' in a game at home, to a newly promoted team, who are also favourites for relegation, then we are down and finishing bottom at that. We should be looking to dominate these games and be happy with being 'faily even' away to established teams. Yesterday was debacle and there is no other word for it. 433 doesnt work and if this doesnt get scrapped next week then Farke has some tough questions to answer.

16 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

“Mullet” perfect description for the garbage you post!! Clearly a scum infiltrator enjoying a little SUnday morning wind up!!! 

I think it is you talking Garbage sir. I bet you were one who said Hugill was good for the dressing room so who cares if he's rubbish. And to say I'm scum really? I post more about the binner plight than most.

I say it how I see it that's how an open forum works

Im 100% behind Farke and the booing was totally unwarranted. None of which alters the fact that we were second best both physically and tactically yesterday. Any changes that we made failed to address this issue. The result was never in doubt after the substitutions and everybody who was there knew it.

3 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

I agree booing isn't very helpful. Think after the third went in, people were getting frustrated and one thing led to another. 

Normann, not sure on his injury. Played 4 games in the Russian League and went immediately on international duty after joining and played for his country. 

Nevertheless, this season could be long and very painful. Media slagging us off every opportunity, they good at winding fans up. Airing your views on this forum is likely to have little affect, cant imagine any of the players read this forum. However, social media may get through to players easier. 

Don't disagree with any of that. I was just thoroughly disappointed that at this stage of the season fans allowed their understandable disappointment with the result, to manifest itself in booing a performance that didn't merit that response. I honestly did not see players doing anything other than give 100% (Gilmour and Sargent in particular were all over the pitch). I would contemplate booing players if I thought they were not genuinely trying to win, I just don't think any objective assessment of the performance suggests any of them were guilty of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

Supporters are allowed to show dissatisfaction

Supporters don't boo! (Look up the meaning of the word).

Those that boo are not supporters but just dissatisfied customers: the best thing they could do is to be customers of another team where they might see more victories.

I am led to believe by chants that I hear that there is an active group of Manchester United fans in Gt Yarmouth. Then, when we become more established you can come back to us again although to be honest, I'm afraid they are always likely to win more games than us.

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

We will see. Supporters are allowed to show dissatisfaction, 5 straight defeats, professional players who are unfit, a team set up and tactics that obviously fail. I felt insulted that we have become a laughing stock and the softest touch for 3 points for any of our competitors at home or away. Just not good enough was it?  Not by a large margin. How long will we give Farke to “turn it around”? 

There is only one Kenny Foggo pal... seems to be a lot of "new" posters joining in tonight! Celebrating their one nil in the 3rd tier maybe?

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Supporters don't boo! (Look up the meaning of the word).

Those that boo are not supporters but just dissatisfied customers: the best thing they could do is to be customers of another team where they might see more victories.

I am led to believe by chants that I hear that there is an active group of Manchester United fans in Gt Yarmouth. Then, when we become more established you can come back to us again although to be honest, I'm afraid they are always likely to win more games than us.

So those "customers" of the big six that demonstrated are not real "supporters"..ok.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

"Shambles" really? Clearly must have had my yellow tinted glasses on because I saw a team who definitely competed equally during the game but got punished for one dreadful error from McClean, and one example of tiring players failing to get back with the necessary speed and energy. Do you honestly think this "proves" Farke is out of his depth (The same manager that masterminded a 3-2 victory against Man City). 

Are you really suggesting the players didn't give their all yesterday? If not, why would you not condemn booing them? As the Rhino 1 said, this is very much a new team with two players making their debuts. I too felt ashamed that their welcome to the club was to be on the receiving end of such an insult.

Sorry horsefly, but I don’t feel shambles is an exaggeration at all. In the first half we looked at sea every time they came forwards, we had a few moments ourselves but they just went straight through us with a couple of quick passes whereas we huffed and puffed in our usual way with notable chances much harder to come by. 

Our goal came at the perfect time and saved face a bit, as at that moment in the game our passing had gotten so sloppy and we looked a little bit lost, we were just so sluggish. I could feel the crowd had started to turn. In the end the equaliser showed to only paper over the cracks. 

Second half we tightened up for the first 20 mins but created pretty much nothing until we conceded that second goal which was frankly awful, just far far too easy. If Normann was so tired, like you say, that he couldn’t even muster a brisk jog to try to track back and cut the crossing angle then I have to wonder why on earth he wasn’t subbed sooner- that is not an excuse that just shows incompetence in another area.

The third goal was also a disaster and then the remaining 10-15 mins we looked like a rabbit stuck in the headlights - no meaningful attacks, no cohesion,  littered with individual errors (McLean and Hanley both being tackled in the middle of nowhere and gifting them two glorious chances springs to mind), it was a shambles.

This Watford side since the opening 45 minutes of the season had not scored a goal, they put 3 past us and easily could’ve had more if it weren’t for Krul and some very near miss crosses. 

Worst thing is that they weren’t even good either. Genuinely looked like two relegated teams fighting it out, and in the end I don’t think we were close. Again, shambles!

And I don’t think much for Farke’s comments about the performance, same shots and close in possession, yes, but xG across multiple sources showed 0.75ish for us and 2.5ish for them, so looked like roughly the right outcome to me. Honestly struggle to think he genuinely watched that game and thought we were neck in neck, probably just trying to keep the players positive about it all, we need them to be!

I love Farke and want him in, but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything he says, clearly.

There comes a time when booing is the right response but it certainly wasn't  yesterday. Plenty of effort and decent play but the lack of physicality in some areas was painfully apparent.

Fans have the right to criticise, booing is unhelpful and counter productive but its also understandable especially in the heat of the moment.

It's a fair point about new players needing time to gel but you can also argue omobamidele played well last week so there was no need to bring in yet another new player to replace him

I just think most fans are sick of excuses now whether valid or not

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So those "customers" of the big six that demonstrated are not real "supporters"..ok.

I'm not certain to which demonstration you are referring, so can't comment.

All I am saying is that you are not a supporter if you boo the team: this is not an opinion just a simple statement of fact. 

However, in the spirit of compromise, I suppose you could say that those who cheered at the start and bood at the end could be given the epithet of "part-time supporters" but to be honest I feel that I am being over-generous in stretching the definition this far.

The biggest issue for Farke is his last season in premiership and how we made the financial decisions for the benefit of the club, then had the success last season. The expectation of this season has been made over the last couple of years and fans are bitterly disappointed. 

9 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Fans have the right to criticise, booing is unhelpful and counter productive but its also understandable especially in the heat of the moment.

It's a fair point about new players needing time to gel but you can also argue omobamidele played well last week so there was no need to bring in yet another new player to replace him

I just think most fans are sick of excuses now whether valid or not

Thought he looked very comfortable against Arsenal and whilst its one game, throw it in with his Ireland performances. He is progressing very quickly and has the potential to be the 'main' defender come the end of the season, or last man standing however you look at it. 

2 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, and I don’t think I have been as ashamed of some of our supporters than after the Watford game. The utter drivel I read on various social media accounts, the booing at the end of the game. And yes before you start I was there. Shouts of “”Farke doesn’t know what he is doing” even as far as “Farke out”. Lower your heads in shame, myopic, lacking in perspective garbage. 7 of those players yesterday who were on the pitch did not play for us last year, 2 were making their debuts. There was signs of promise, but yes it was a bit disappointing the result, but what you expect throw everything up in the air and expect it to fall down on the ground perfectly and gel, it won’t happen!! Blaming Farke is naive and moronic !! Some of you should just go support the shi— te down the road. Pathetic - be careful what you wish for city fans!!! 

What we're the signs of promise you saw.

Pukki scoring from open play.

Normann looking lively.

Sargent causing problems.

That's all I could find.

First of all Farke should not get sacked. Yes the result was not great but let the new players gel. Normann, Sargent, Tzolis, Rashica etc....  are all new to the Premier League and need time to adapt.

The new lads are top footballers and will only grow and get better each game. Am i concerned right now? Not really as im very confident we will at least stay up. When this team gels they will be a joy to watch.

Also he had a horrific injury crisis in his first year in the Premier League which any manager would of struggled with. The man has won us 2 league titles so has something about him. This season we didnt have much of a pre season which would put any team on the back foot and the horrendous fixtures to start has not helped the confidence.

We will be fine, some people need to calm down and get behind the manager and team. 

We will stay up and finish around 12-15th place. 

Agree with sentiments of the initial post. Obviously all real fans are hurting today, and somewhat baffled by our conundrum. Derby finished their premiership campaign with 11 points, and last night my mind did drift towards that number. There is no need for circular arguments about freedom of expression- obviously you pays yer money and takes yet choice. If you want to boo hiss or cackle that’s up to you. Personally I’d never do anything that doesn’t help my team, as I’m a supporter,  and best avoid behaviour that assists the opposition. What other fans love to see is opposition fans turning against their team. What every real fan admires is loyalty. I’ve never known how it helps very young people to denigrate them. Assuming everyone was trying during the game for 90 minutes then let’s back em. Afterwards there’s plenty of time in the pub to put things to rights. Webber and Farke are not stupid they know this is getting tough, and when the going gets tough what do you do?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, corbs said:

Agree with sentiments of the initial post. Obviously all real fans are hurting today, and somewhat baffled by our conundrum. Derby finished their premiership campaign with 11 points, and last night my mind did drift towards that number. There is no need for circular arguments about freedom of expression- obviously you pays yer money and takes yet choice. If you want to boo hiss or cackle that’s up to you. Personally I’d never do anything that doesn’t help my team, as I’m a supporter,  and best avoid behaviour that assists the opposition. What other fans love to see is opposition fans turning against their team. What every real fan admires is loyalty. I’ve never known how it helps very young people to denigrate them. Assuming everyone was trying during the game for 90 minutes then let’s back em. Afterwards there’s plenty of time in the pub to put things to rights. Webber and Farke are not stupid they know this is getting tough, and when the going gets tough what do you do?

Excellent balance and level headed ness ( if there is such a word) - if Farke read this stream, he would rightly think about bugg- x ing off - perhaps the fans would be happy with chopping and changing manger every ten minutes!! Disgrace most of these so called fans, I say it again, half of which are non Norwich fans on the wind up, but it’s working nicely. Wouldn’t want half our fans behind me in the trenches - they would probably suffocate in their own sh- xt!! 

58 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There comes a time when booing is the right response but it certainly wasn't  yesterday. Plenty of effort and decent play but the lack of physicality in some areas was painfully apparent.

Yeah, I agree. I personally don't like the idea of booing your own team unless it's a really dire situation with signs of downing tools, but yesterday, while admittedly poor, wasn't anywhere near bad enough to warrant the boos.

2 hours ago, Nawich Fann said:

Come on you bed wetters , the win is coming, Burnley it will be..

Or is it just that Norwich fans prefer championship football ?? seriously ask yourselves that question cos you know who you are, you say it all the time, the blood and thunder of the Championship, Oh and at least we will get a win !!, 

looking at the fixtures Burnley and then ???.

So Everton next week is another defeat then ?

5 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, and I don’t think I have been as ashamed of some of our supporters than after the Watford game. The utter drivel I read on various social media accounts, the booing at the end of the game. And yes before you start I was there. Shouts of “”Farke doesn’t know what he is doing” even as far as “Farke out”. Lower your heads in shame, myopic, lacking in perspective garbage. 7 of those players yesterday who were on the pitch did not play for us last year, 2 were making their debuts. There was signs of promise, but yes it was a bit disappointing the result, but what you expect throw everything up in the air and expect it to fall down on the ground perfectly and gel, it won’t happen!! Blaming Farke is naive and moronic !! Some of you should just go support the shi— te down the road. Pathetic - be careful what you wish for city fans!!! 

With comments like this, you are part of the problem. Supporting a club is not unconditional, it is a two way street. Any fan has to right to say what they think and how they see it. As for the facts, Farke's record is appalling at this level and shows no evidence of changing. I want us to stay in the EPL. Do you? 

4 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

We will see. Supporters are allowed to show dissatisfaction, 5 straight defeats, professional players who are unfit, a team set up and tactics that obviously fail. I felt insulted that we have become a laughing stock and the softest touch for 3 points for any of our competitors at home or away. Just not good enough was it?  Not by a large margin. How long will we give Farke to “turn it around”? 

This.

While @chicken and others don't see this as a problem, citing that rival supporters and national pundits don't know our club like we do and what we're setting out to achieve etc, I very much do. Trying to defend the club whilst having football banter and discussions with mates is borderline insanity. Literally, lose at the first hurdle. We are a national laughing stock, regardless of any mitigation. And that's damaging to the club on many levels.

3 hours ago, Nawich Fann said:

Come on you bed wetters , the win is coming, Burnley it will be..

Or is it just that Norwich fans prefer championship football ?? seriously ask yourselves that question cos you know who you are, you say it all the time, the blood and thunder of the Championship, Oh and at least we will get a win !!, 

looking at the fixtures Burnley and then ???.

So you've written off Everton then? Good to know that's yet another game that apparently doesn't count 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yeah, I agree. I personally don't like the idea of booing your own team unless it's a really dire situation with signs of downing tools, but yesterday, while admittedly poor, wasn't anywhere near bad enough to warrant the boos.

Perhaps it would feel like our own team more, if players like Dowell and Gianoullis played ahead of Gilmour and Williams. Players we've got an affection for and know will give everything. Gibson too. Nothing against loan players at all, mind. But the current loan crop are not better than contracted Norwich players, so shouldn't be picked ahead of them. Developing players for big clubs is ok if it improves the side. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I'm not certain to which demonstration you are referring, so can't comment.

Did you live under a rock during all of that super league stuff??? 

1 hour ago, Rhino1 said:

Excellent balance and level headed ness ( if there is such a word) - if Farke read this stream, he would rightly think about bugg- x ing off - perhaps the fans would be happy with chopping and changing manger every ten minutes!! Disgrace most of these so called fans, I say it again, half of which are non Norwich fans on the wind up, but it’s working nicely. Wouldn’t want half our fans behind me in the trenches - they would probably suffocate in their own sh- xt!! 

You're a vastly unpleasant kind of chappy aren't you old timer? 

The booing I suspect was a build up of frustrations combined from our last prem season where we were quite frankly pathetic for the final 5 months of the season losing every game (whilst being kept away from the ground), not replacing Skipp who almost single handedly (along with Buendia) dragged us back up last serason. Not having a plan B during the game when we were clearly getting outclassed by a team we should at least be on par with if not better than (for which virtually everyone watching the game could see happening in real time) and let's not forget the ridiculous rally cry Farke gave hours before, practically blaming the supporters for the poor situation we all find ourselves in. That rally cry was quite telling. Trying to take the heat off the players to offset backlash should we lose. Guess what, we lost and there was backlash. We're all quite embarrassed right now. We are a national joke of a football club. Journalists and rival fans are laughing at us every single week. SORT IT OUT FARKE!

Edited by Michael Starr

52 minutes ago, komakino said:

With comments like this, you are part of the problem. Supporting a club is not unconditional, it is a two way street. Any fan has to right to say what they think and how they see it. As for the facts, Farke's record is appalling at this level and shows no evidence of changing. I want us to stay in the EPL. Do you? 

Well said

38 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Did you live under a rock during all of that super league stuff??? 

No there were a variety of different demonstrations - to which were you referring?

Were there any when they booed their team - I can't recall any?

Have to say yesterday's performance was ALMOST a throwback to project restart, the only difference Sargent taking over the role from Onel Hernandez.

There are positives to work with but we must gets points on the board very quickly. 5 from our next 3 games is a tough ask, but even then from 5 points from 8 games in total leaves at pretty big mountain to climb. 

Another International break looming with god how many players involved. Odds are heavily stacked against us.

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think the question is academic but managers queue up to join clubs that have been complete basket cases for years. We are nowhere near that. The fundamentals are the club are solid.

Those clubs have presumably also paid those managers basketcase amounts though Purple? I’m assuming Farke is the lowest or very close to the lowest paid manager in the PL.