Rhino1

City fans “Shame on You” - myopic & ignorant!

I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, and I don’t think I have been as ashamed of some of our supporters than after the Watford game. The utter drivel I read on various social media accounts, the booing at the end of the game. And yes before you start I was there. Shouts of “”Farke doesn’t know what he is doing” even as far as “Farke out”. Lower your heads in shame, myopic, lacking in perspective garbage. 7 of those players yesterday who were on the pitch did not play for us last year, 2 were making their debuts. There was signs of promise, but yes it was a bit disappointing the result, but what you expect throw everything up in the air and expect it to fall down on the ground perfectly and gel, it won’t happen!! Blaming Farke is naive and moronic !! Some of you should just go support the shi— te down the road. Pathetic - be careful what you wish for city fans!!! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

“Naive and moronic?”- really?  We will see. All signs point to a head coach who is an excellent Championship coach but is completely out of his depth in the Premiership. I really would like to see a well prepared , organised and committed team, not the shambles we witnessed yesterday. I think the loyal fans deserve that. Call me “naive and moronic” if you wish but that performance and result at home ( or away) is not acceptable.

29 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, and I don’t think I have been as ashamed of some of our supporters than after the Watford game. The utter drivel I read on various social media accounts, the booing at the end of the game. And yes before you start I was there. Shouts of “”Farke doesn’t know what he is doing” even as far as “Farke out”. Lower your heads in shame, myopic, lacking in perspective garbage. 7 of those players yesterday who were on the pitch did not play for us last year, 2 were making their debuts. There was signs of promise, but yes it was a bit disappointing the result, but what you expect throw everything up in the air and expect it to fall down on the ground perfectly and gel, it won’t happen!! Blaming Farke is naive and moronic !! Some of you should just go support the shi— te down the road. Pathetic - be careful what you wish for city fans!!! 

Yes how dare fans who’ve seen their team lose 15 premier league games in a row and who are fast becoming a laughing stock express any dissatisfaction.

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

What appears to be being wished for is - 

A rich owner like Derby

Lampard - great job at Derby breaking the bank, then spending millions at Chelsea and being sacked.

Howe - who gets homesick when he gets north of London, wins when he has a financial advantage , and ended up taking Bournemouth down.

Big Sam and Chris Wilder - relegated or sacked when bottom last season.

The who’s fault is it list for yesterday appears to vary but so far we have, Delia, the Board, Weber, Farke, Hanley, Kabak, Williams, Gilmour, McLean, and the fans.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Freedom of speech means people are entitled to express their opinions regardless of if you like it or not. What is truly ignorant is not realising people can have a different opinion to you and trying to force your opinion on others. 

if you are as old as you claim then you should be ashamed by such childish behaviour 

• Like 6

I don't get the not a premier league coach bit. You have to manage in the premier league to get the experience to be one. Reality is, ours has had just over 1 season, and part of that 1st season there were no fans, which there now are so he is now getting that experience of a bad run with actual fans in the stadium voicing themselves over the performances they have seen. Possibly the first time him and the players under this regime have experienced it. 

Sacking the manager might get a bounce equally it might not and you still get relegated with a new manager who has no experience in the championship and, or don't bounce back straight away, fans get impatient as we don't get promoted then the cycle happens again. 

6 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

shambles

"Shambles" really? Clearly must have had my yellow tinted glasses on because I saw a team who definitely competed equally during the game but got punished for one dreadful error from McClean, and one example of tiring players failing to get back with the necessary speed and energy. Do you honestly think this "proves" Farke is out of his depth (The same manager that masterminded a 3-2 victory against Man City). 

Are you really suggesting the players didn't give their all yesterday? If not, why would you not condemn booing them? As the Rhino 1 said, this is very much a new team with two players making their debuts. I too felt ashamed that their welcome to the club was to be on the receiving end of such an insult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We will see. Supporters are allowed to show dissatisfaction, 5 straight defeats, professional players who are unfit, a team set up and tactics that obviously fail. I felt insulted that we have become a laughing stock and the softest touch for 3 points for any of our competitors at home or away. Just not good enough was it?  Not by a large margin. How long will we give Farke to “turn it around”? 

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

"Shambles" really? Clearly must have had my yellow tinted glasses on because I saw a team who definitely competed equally during the game but got punished for one dreadful error from McClean, and one example of tiring players failing to get back with the necessary speed and energy. Do you honestly think this "proves" Farke is out of his depth (The same manager that masterminded a 3-2 victory against Man City). 

Are you really suggesting the players didn't give their all yesterday? If not, why would you not condemn booing them? As the Rhino 1 said, this is very much a new team with two players making their debuts. I too felt ashamed that their welcome to the club was to be on the receiving end of such an insult.

“Competed equally during the game and punished for one dreadful error” …. Are you sure you were at the game? 
Farke still has my full support and I love the man but to make the claim above is absurd!

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 2

I don’t think he’s in any danger of being sacked at this moment. But he is in danger of creating a run of results that very few, if any managers survive. 5 out of 5 defeats now with two away games coming up and then a massive home game against Brighton. If after those 3 matches we are still sitting with none or one point, then he will be very fortunate to keep his job. It’s a results business and he of all people will know this. I’d hate to see him leave and certainly won’t be calling for it but the club can’t continue to stink out the top flight of English football the way it has done when he gets us here. We have become an absolute embarrassment at this level 

• Like 1

OP is clearly a binner, never since the Colchester thrashing have I witnessed such a disheartening performance as we all had to suffer yesterday

Just now, Van wink said:

“Competed equally and punished for one dreadful error” …. Are you sure you were at the game? 
Farke still has my full support and I love the man but to make the claim above is absurd!

The man you claim to support is clearly as "absurd as me then. Here are a couple of his comments:

“It’s been a tough day,” Farke admitted. “It’s also tough to take because first of all we wanted to make a mark. It was a tight game, 50% possession and 12 shots on both sides and we had three really crucial mistakes in our defending game."

"I think that wasn’t clinical enough in our own box and of course the goals change the momentum of the game and the situation, it was not one situation. If you produce these mistakes on this level you are punished and then we were not clinical enough to earn the right to win the points."

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I don’t think he’s in any danger of being sacked at this moment. But he is in danger of creating a run of results that very few, if any managers survive. 5 out of 5 defeats now with two away games coming up and then a massive home game against Brighton. If after those 3 matches we are still sitting with none or one point, then he will be very fortunate to keep his job. It’s a results business and he of all people will know this. I’d hate to see him leave and certainly won’t be calling for it but the club can’t continue to stink out the top flight of English football the way it has done when he gets us here. We have become an absolute embarrassment at this level 

Fascinating to see at what point Webber would pull the trigger ... if ever. And, if he did, who, decent, would risk coming to what looks like the Titanic?

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Fascinating to see at what point Webber would pull the trigger ... if ever. And, if he did, who, decent, would risk coming to what looks like the Titanic?

Hopefully we go to Everton and pull off a result like Brentford did yesterday at Wolves and this becomes consigned to history. The fans and board will accept another relegation if we’ve given it a proper go on the pitch.
If we haven’t looked out of our depth at the end of the season and have been relegated again then so be it, we go again in the championship. What we are seeing now though is unacceptable and irrelevant of who the manager is and what they have achieved for the club, no one survives this for ever.

I’d say if we’re still performing like a lower end championship club, which we have been, irrelevant of the many excuses that have been lined up to justify such an awful season so far, then he’s got up to game 12 before the board start to think about acting.

9 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Webber also needs to bare in mind the risk of everything unwravelling if he doesn’t act at some point. We have permanently signed players being left out for loanees, players like Todd being benched, loanees who will be off into the sunset if we go down and have made a number of foreign signings for whom I can’t imagine championship football is a dream. Real risk of things imploding if we don’t get a grip on them soon. 

10 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I think the question is academic but managers queue up to join clubs that have been complete basket cases for years. We are nowhere near that. The fundamentals are the club are solid.

• Like 1

Yesterdays performance was one of the most disappointing I've witnessed in years given the backdrop of the game, the rally cry 24 hours before etc. I cannot see where we will get a point from let alone three right now. Hopefully they will turn it around but excuses are now exhausted. We are the joke club of English football right now and it's embarrassing.

52 minutes ago, horsefly said:

not sure being tired after 63mins is a good sign for the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

We are the joke club of English football right now and it's embarrassing.

There are 70 clubs that would swap places with us right now, most supporters really haven’t got much interest in us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhino1 said:

We all love NCFC and Daniel Farke, but he has more than proved that he cannot get a tune from a defence in the Premier league.

Farke makes us tick in the championship but we are ambitious fans and this is completely embarrassing and not progress. Now the club has backed him he has no where to hide. I know nothing of football tactics but wind back 15 premier league games and even I could get a result out of one of them. We have international defenders playing like school boys week in week out, where do you lay the blame, the canteen staff? the bloke that cuts the grass? 

Farke ball is a proven championship success but premier league suicide. Farkes stubbornness is making us a laughing stock. 

Be careful what you wish for, I would personally accept going backwards before moving forwards with a coach who has the sense to know that when coming up against better teams you need to be organised and defensively sound.  

We are entitled to air our views. I see a great manager who is bereft of confidence. He wants to be solid in defense (which really isn't working). Doesn't think 4-2-3-1 is defensive enough (will leave us open). But 4-3-3 is hurting us. If we can see it, why can't the management team? 

12 minutes ago, Mullet said:

We all love NCFC and Daniel Farke, but he has more than proved that he cannot get a tune from a defence in the Premier league.

Farke makes us tick in the championship but we are ambitious fans and this is completely embarrassing and not progress. Now the club has backed him he has no where to hide. I know nothing of football tactics but wind back 15 premier league games and even I could get a result out of one of them. We have international defenders playing like school boys week in week out, where do you lay the blame, the canteen staff? the bloke that cuts the grass? 

Farke ball is a proven championship success but premier league suicide. Farkes stubbornness is making us a laughing stock. 

Be careful what you wish for, I would personally accept going backwards before moving forwards with a coach who has the sense to know that when coming up against better teams you need to be organised and defensively sound.  

“Mullet” perfect description for the garbage you post!! Clearly a scum infiltrator enjoying a little SUnday morning wind up!!! 

I love the way this Rhino dude has set off 3 posts (albeit 2 identical) then run off without commenting further when people bite. 

Brave old dude, bravo 👍

EDIT : sods law he posts again the same time as me 😂

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hurricane said:

I don't get the not a premier league coach bit. You have to manage in the premier league to get the experience to be one. Reality is, ours has had just over 1 season, and part of that 1st season there were no fans, which there now are so he is now getting that experience of a bad run with actual fans in the stadium voicing themselves over the performances they have seen. Possibly the first time him and the players under this regime have experienced it. 

Sacking the manager might get a bounce equally it might not and you still get relegated with a new manager who has no experience in the championship and, or don't bounce back straight away, fans get impatient as we don't get promoted then the cycle happens again. 

There are plenty of managers who have stepped up to the Premier league for the first time and made it work. Look at Leeds, Villa, Brentford as an example. We had better squads than those 3 mentioned but they have better coaches who are clever enough to adapt to the Premier league. I don't care about the bounce or guaranteed championship success next season, I want to see an adaptable coach giving us a fighting chance. This is going to be the most pathetic Premier league campaign in history, who is to blame for that? certainly not Webber he needs a lot of credit but he doesn't coach the players.

I think with the performance you can't complain about some dissatisfaction being shown at the final whistle.

It has since gone silly on here and on social media as it tends to. The fact some fans even on here want to replace Farke with Frank Fcking Lampard is an excellent example of not having  the first clue about football. Id be disgusted with the club if we made that sort of step down.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

not sure being tired after 63mins is a good sign for the team. 

Indeed, if it was the whole team. I should have been clearer that I had Normann in mind who just seemed to stop. He'd been having a very good game up to that point, but I am led to believe he is still not fully match fit and hasn't completed a game this season after coming back from injury. It is a fair criticism to say that this should have been better monitored during the game and a substitutuion made earlier. Otherwise I stand by my claim that excluding those costly two or three errors City competed equally with Watford (as Farke commented and the stats suggest). And I certainly stand by my support for Rhino 1's claim that the booing was unacceptable and very unhelpful.

Come on you bed wetters , the win is coming, Burnley it will be..

Or is it just that Norwich fans prefer championship football ?? seriously ask yourselves that question cos you know who you are, you say it all the time, the blood and thunder of the Championship, Oh and at least we will get a win !!, 

looking at the fixtures Burnley and then ???.

• Like 1