Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)

Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)  

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we sack Farke?

• Yes, it isn't working
    • No, he deserves time
    • Undecided

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/21 at 22:59

Just now, nutty nigel said:

epFZUer3rk4

i did mean a Lambert Norwich PL  side Vs Farke Norwich PL team 

Not after he left with any other team 

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Elliott Bennett and Anthony Pilkington were signed from League One and completely skipped the Championship before playing for us in the Prem!

Also.... Dennis, Sissoko and King cost Watford a grand total of about £6m combined in transfer fees and they tore us apart. 

Ryan Bennett our biggest transfer fee that season for £3.5m, that was the 14th highest transfer fee received by a Championship club that season.

Please just stop.

You have just cherry picked three players from their squad and left out Sarr who scored two of their goals and cost £30m.

2 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Again, these excuses are bonkers. 

Are you a Norwich fan that genuinely wants the best for the club or a fan of an individual man?

Winning the championship is lovely. But its a lesser league. We're in the Premier league now. 

11% win ratio in 43 games at this level. 

End of. 

Would Charlton fans be making excuses for Les Reed? 

That's the "analysis" of someone who thinks statistics say everything when in reality they barely scratch the surface.

We tried the "throw loads of money on experienced players" route and nearly had the club in administration (Derby County, take note). When we went up last time, we played over half the season with a litany of centre-halves missing through injury, not to mention had barely spent any money as we were still atoning for those financial issues.

Winning the Championship is something that's proven far beyond practically every team that went down before - in fact going back up the season after has proven beyond the majority of teams. We stormed to victory there last season. The fact you're so willing to minimise this speaks volumes.

There's nothing wrong with being very much annoyed at losing to Watford. We all are. And there's definitely an argument in that we do seem to make fairly similar mistakes. But scapegoating the manager is what's bonkers.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's the "analysis" of someone who thinks statistics say everything when in reality they barely scratch the surface.

We tried the "throw loads of money on experienced players" route and nearly had the club in administration (Derby County, take note). When we went up last time, we played over half the season with a litany of centre-halves missing through injury, not to mention had barely spent any money as we were still atoning for those financial issues.

Winning the Championship is something that's proven far beyond practically every team that went down before - in fact going back up the season after has proven beyond the majority of teams. We stormed to victory there last season. The fact you're so willing to minimise this speaks volumes.

There's nothing wrong with being very much annoyed at losing to Watford. We all are. And there's definitely an argument in that we do seem to make fairly similar mistakes. But scapegoating the manager is what's bonkers.

11% in 43 games. 

That isn't scapegoating. It's rational statistics. 

Taking it out of context is irrational.

Statistics are like miniskirts. What they show is revealing. What they hide is f-u-c-king vital.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Taking it out of context is irrational.

i am concerned About Farke and would give him 10 games 

Just out of Interest how long would you give him ? Not fishing or on a wind up just would like to hear someone who sounds pro farke 

26 minutes ago, chicken said:

Please just stop.

You have just cherry picked three players from their squad and left out Sarr who scored two of their goals and cost £30m.

You seriously going to agree that Lambert had a stronger squad than Farke? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i am concerned About Farke and would give him 10 games 

Just out of Interest how long would you give him ? Not fishing or on a wind up just would like to hear someone who sounds pro farke 

Way too short for me. He's having to somewhat rebuild a team whilst getting promoted into a league with a notoriously large gap between its current standard and the league they got promoted from, which is an unusual set of circumstances. Most teams that get up tend to be a shade more settled and you're seeing that to some extent with their starts early on. This is the downside of having spent a large sum of money, by our standards, on potentially better prospects than what we had before and then having to integrate them into the team. I would actually argue that the biggest criticism that could be aimed at Farke here was that he'd previously built a team that was a bit too dependent on one player in Buendia for a flash of inspiration or excellence that could unlock an opposition side, but we still did something tremendously unusual in winning the Championship the season after we were relegated as bottom side in the Premier League.

Unless his players indicate otherwise, he's earned the whole season for me. Think Leicester City after winning the title, it was clear from their performances that Ranieri had lost the dressing room late on in his reign. That's when you need to change.

Although I'm less "pro-Farke" and more "anti throwing everything overboard at the first sign of discontent and potentially putting a lot of excellent work into reverse". We've just got back to becoming a genuinely top-drawer outfit for bringing youth into the first team so even if Farke was to go, I'd be after a similar sort of manager in this regard at the very least.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't do the poll, but I'd have gone for give him more time. What I feel annoyed about is the sudden need to rush new players into the starting lineup. We were reasonably solid and competitive against Leicester and Arsenal, but DF brought in Kabak and Normann after only a limited time in training. Buendia waited 4 or 5 weeks before starting. The cup game would have been a better place to start for Normann and Kabak without breaking up the team's coordination for such an important league match. As it was, they were both directly involved with conceding goals on their PL debut.

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I also noticed that Monty13, the 25% included a lot of old time posters, not those that you'd expect to have a rant on canary call after watching the game on the wireless.

It is quite high considering Farke also benefits from the goodwill associated with just being a likeable person. Although not quite high enough to justify any money on next manager sacked. I still think that will be Arteta, but the Southampton manager is also in desperate need of a win.  

Yea genuinely surprised. The booing (Christ enough said on the dos or don’ts) aside, I wasn’t expecting so many to plant their flag that way as opposed to just concerned. 

Artetas got a relatively easy run now bar Spurs, think he’s going to be fine personally.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Way too short for me. He's having to somewhat rebuild a team whilst getting promoted into a league with a notoriously large gap between its current standard and the league they got promoted from, which is an unusual set of circumstances. Most teams that get up tend to be a shade more settled and you're seeing that to some extent with their starts early on. This is the downside of having spent a large sum of money, by our standards, on potentially better prospects than what we had before and then having to integrate them into the team. I would actually argue that the biggest criticism that could be aimed at Farke here was that he'd previously built a team that was a bit too dependent on one player in Buendia for a flash of inspiration or excellence that could unlock an opposition side, but we still did something tremendously unusual in winning the Championship the season after we were relegated as bottom side in the Premier League.

Unless his players indicate otherwise, he's earned the whole season for me. Think Leicester City after winning the title, it was clear from their performances that Ranieri had lost the dressing room late on in his reign. That's when you need to change.

Although I'm less "pro-Farke" and more "anti throwing everything overboard at the first sign of discontent and potentially putting a lot of excellent work into reverse". We've just got back to becoming a genuinely top-drawer outfit for bringing youth into the first team so even if Farke was to go, I'd be after a similar sort of manager in this regard at the very least.

Point well Made 

He was Amazing in the Championship i agree ,But i think his style is far to easy to read in the PL 

i Just looked at the Fixtures Brentford is our 11th game i will give him till then 

I'd give him 3 more games and I'm sure Webber is already assessing his options. This decline cannot continue. 

• Like 1

Way too early to consider getting rid of Farke. The squad additions have presumably been chosen because they will fit in with the system that City play, a new manager will undoubtedly change the set up which may not suit all the players so yet more will need to be bought in January.  

Daniel farke is a championship manager not a premier league manager So it’s down to the do we want to stay up or go down again and if we go down with Daniel we need to look at the owners.

6 minutes ago, For the future said:

Daniel farke is a championship manager not a premier league manager

Think that's nonsense personally, his style lends itself to the higher tiers of the prem league.  He's not a prem league survivalist is the problem,  and he knows he needs to overcome that hurdle to prove himself at the higher echelons as no-one is giving him a free pass to the top.

It's a real catch 22 situation, as you put him somewhere like Arsenal and he'll for sure do a better job than Arteta because of the tools and wage budget available.

Everything he does here is at a compromise due to finances.  I'd love to see his 'real' list of players to make the system work.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

No. He’s done an incredible job for the club and is still adapting to the Prem.

Besides, if he was sacked, then would a new manager be better, or just throw away any progress the club has made in the last few years?

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Think that's nonsense personally, his style lends itself to the higher tiers of the prem league.  He's not a prem league survivalist is the problem,  and he knows he needs to overcome that hurdle to prove himself at the higher echelons as no-one is giving him a free pass to the top.

It's a real catch 22 situation, as you put him somewhere like Arsenal and he'll for sure do a better job than Arteta because of the tools and wage budget available.

Everything he does here is at a compromise due to finances.  I'd love to see his 'real' list of players to make the system work.

That's a very good post. The dilemma Farke has got for his own future is that he has to show that he can do the business at clubs such as ours before the likes of Arsenal would consider giving him a shot. 

As his PR is at a very low ebb right now, so whatever happens this season, he is likely to head back to Germany to rebuild his career. 

Edited by komakino

Did anyone listen to the Pinkun podcast? 

Couldn’t face it at the weekend but listened today on a long drive.

I was surprised, they were I would say extremely negative as relatively objective observers.

2 hours ago, Luke M said:

No. He’s done an incredible job for the club and is still adapting to the Prem.

Besides, if he was sacked, then would a new manager be better, or just throw away any progress the club has made in the last few years?

Problem is ... you don't get time to adapt , the league is unforgiving and ruthless!!! Would a new manager be better? That's something nobody can give an answer to ... but I don't think he would necessarily throw away all the progress the club has made ... 

That's up to the ones choosing the manager and making the decisions that have to be made to keep us up for once. Like I said a few posts ago...no points after 10 games...sack 
I don't know what's going to happen and I don't pretend to be the one that's in the know about it all! But I feel Norwich fans deserve to be treated to better performances when their club reaches the PL ... better ones than those we have witnessed. 

Who can argue with that?

On 18/09/2021 at 23:42, Mullet said:

That's like the captain of the titanic saying be patient we need more time and giving everyone a cullender to bail out water. 

Its only September and we've had it mate lets not delude ourselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Farke is gone by Monday

You're right about one thing - "It's only September"............says it all.

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not showing any signs of improving is it?

Not really sadly.