Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)

Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)  

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we sack Farke?

• Yes, it isn't working
    • No, he deserves time
    • Undecided

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/21 at 22:59

5 hours ago, komakino said:

Farkes's record in the EPL is diabolical. He cannot get the best out of the squad, whether this season or two seasons ago. No other club would tolerate that. 

The club needs a manager that can get somewhere near the best out of the squad and in the top flight, that is not Daniel Farke. That is not just my opinion, that is a fact. The league does not lie. 

What do you have to do to get sacked at Norwich City?

Binner alert!

5 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Binner alert!

Nope. But I don't live in a parallel universe. Which part of my post is wrong? 

4 minutes ago, komakino said:

Nope. But I don't live in a parallel universe. Which part of my post is wrong? 

“What do you have to do to get sacked at Norwich City” indicates to me that you are an independent observer of, rather than a fan of Norwich City.” Binner “ was my first thought. Apologies if you are not so afflicted. Re Farke, realistically, you have to give him at least till mid December to work with his squad. 

Apology accepted. 

Why Mid-December? It will be too late. Far too late. 

There is a dangerous by product if our failure to get points continues. 

Two seasons ago, our 'take the money' approach was not liked in the media. I've already seen comments in National press that Norwich should be banned from the EPL as they are seen as little more than financial mercenaries. That will grow and grow, believe me. 

There is a reasonable chance that the EPL will place restrictions on clubs that are perceived as not taking the league seriously, and/or perform very badly. Think of it a bit like the 107% qualifying rule in F1. Standards must be maintained. 

Therefore, parachute payments could be restricted or even removed if certain criteria is not reached. The self funding model would then be in bits. 

I like Farke, but I had a niggling feeling the top tier was one tier too far. We cannot afford to wait, in every sense. 

Edited by komakino

Well it will be down to Webber and to be signed off by the BOD. 

I was a bit surprised how quickly it went downhill with the fans yesterday. Not sure if they were booing the players or Farke or both. I would be amazed if he were to be sacked so soon into a 4 year contract extension as the reality is Webber must have suspected relegation was possible this coming season.

That said the club has pumped what an unprecedented £70m into new players and most said that it was down to Farke to get them playing. Webber doesn't strike me as the kind of person who will let that drift too long.

Luckily it's Liverpool reserves on Tuesday, what could possibly go wrong!

56 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I would be amazed if he were to be sacked so soon into a 4 year contract extension as the reality is Webber must have suspected relegation was possible this coming season.

I said at the time I was utterly amazed this deal was offered now, I said if we went on a massive winless run (which got me stick from the usual suspects) it would back us into an unwanted corner. This deal should never have been offered until Christmas at the earliest. 

Now we have the results in, maybe the next poll should be for the 58% to determine how much time is he to be given?

1. Until end of October 2021? 
2. Until the end of the Season 21/22

3. Until he has taken us up and down one more time?

4. Until he serves out his 4 year contract?

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

A dig at fans that want to join two seasons together and ignore the one inbetween? Yeah, it is. 

Its you my friend that does seem incapable of distinguishing the difference between a championship level and a premiership level. Yes we are very good in the 2nd tier. We have gone 15 games without winning in the top flight. Factually correct and most fans would find that very worrying.

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Its you my friend that does seem incapable of distinguishing the difference between a championship level and a premiership level. Yes we are very good in the 2nd tier. We have gone 15 games without winning in the top flight. Factually correct and most fans would find that very worrying.

Factually correct but a pointless statistic. I'd be more concerned if it weren't for the fact the result yesterday had 6 different players starting than 2 seasons ago. Its a completely different team and considering we've barely seen our new signings, most of who have only had a week or two training with us, means I'm not going to be bothered by that statistic.

10 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You're banging your head with Hoggy on this one I'm afraid, I generally love a lot of what Hoggy says but can't get on board with his total dismissal of this appalling and yes TOTALLY RELEVANT stat. 

As dear old Del Boy would say, there's none so blind as them that won't listen (rip John Challis by the way). 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You're banging your head with Hoggy on this one I'm afraid, I generally love a lot of what Hoggy says but can't get on board with his total dismissal of this appalling and yes TOTALLY RELEVANT stat. 

As dear old Del Boy would say, there's none so blind as them that won't listen (rip John Challis by the way). 

The problem I have with it Ken is that its two completely different teams. 

Its still Farke, but it was universally accepted on this forum that he wasn't given anywhere near the squad required to compete.

The concensus until yesterday was that this season he has a much better squad to compete with. I would be far more inclined to judge him on this season alone than anything that happened two seasons ago, thats all.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Factually correct but a pointless statistic. I'd be more concerned if it weren't for the fact the result yesterday had 6 different players starting than 2 seasons ago. Its a completely different team and considering we've barely seen our new signings, most of who have only had a week or two training with us, means I'm not going to be bothered by that statistic.

Ok would be interesting to know when you would be worried... I think fans of most clubs would be. Anyway enjoy your evening. 

Just now, hogesar said:

The problem I have with it Ken is that its two completely different teams. 

Its still Farke, but it was universally accepted on this forum that he wasn't given anywhere near the squad required to compete.

The concensus until yesterday was that this season he has a much better squad to compete with. I would be far more inclined to judge him on this season alone than anything that happened two seasons ago, thats all.

The two teams argument actually makes it a more valid argument and therefore a relevant stat imo. It shows its totally down to his tactical naivety at this level. If it was the same players you could have an argument of them not being good enough. 

Time will tell, and unlike the Keith Scott's of this forum I'm so desperate to be wrong here. 

I have not voted because of the make up of the title, specifically the "We" part. I have no power to either sack Daniel or keep him installed.

If the question was should the board sack Farke i would say no.

Relegation is irrelevant to me, as a City fan im used to it happening.  If in the next four years (yes, not just right at this moment) City at least retain their top 21 status, continue to blood new young players who can be sold on at a big profit to keep the club  good and solid, carry on  being Championship top dogs playing sweet football, then the Board i would hope would allow DF  his full contract time.

I of course would adore to see City somehow stay in the Prem more than one season but the above is far more important and is what is our reality right now.

A good chunk of the new signings were swayed to join City based on talking to, and what, Daniel said to them...a heck of a lot of work was involved getting them here..they need time to  gel, get used to the Prem etc etc...no length of losses will change my mind that what we have right now is the best we could ever hope for compared to 4 years ago pre SW  / DF.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I was a bit surprised how quickly it went downhill with the fans yesterday. Not sure if they were booing the players or Farke or both.

I think it was probably a collection of things and likely for some different reasons and varying degrees of strength behind it depending on the individual.

We’ve lost 15 on the trot at this level. 5 this season. Watford finished behind us last year and look nothing special, yet despite what Farke said we were barely competing, never looked like winning or getting anything from the game once the second went in. The substitutions left us more exposed and lightweight up front. 
Our best player from last season was sitting on Villas bench while our new squad which on paper is much stronger got brushed aside by a team we should be aiming to beat at home. Then you add on Farke calling out supporters in the previous days conference…

I honestly don’t understand the furore over a few boos. Personally I assumed it wasn’t aimed at the players despite the performance being poor. I think it was just people voicing dissatisfaction with where we are right now to manager and board/Webber which isn’t exactly uncalled for.

I personally don’t think it hurt to give notification that result and manner of performance wasn’t acceptable. They know that anyway you’d hope. 

8 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Relegation is irrelevant to me, as a City fan im used to it happening.  If in the next four years (yes, not just right at this moment) City at least retain their top 21 status, continue to blood new young players who can be sold on at a big profit to keep the club  good and solid, carry on  being Championship top dogs playing sweet football, then the Board i would hope would allow DF  his full contract time.

Hate to say it, but I feel the same. It feels a little defeatist to admit, but I don't fear relegation as long as we have Farke in charge - he's a very inexperienced manager himself, and the fear with fans standing against him is that he may become more stubborn than willing to change and learn by errors.

To me it just seems that management, board and players are still in the learning process - but they have a very clear goal of where they want to be.  I've seen nothing done for the short-term since Webber/Farke have been put in place - perhaps the Gilmour and Skipp loans?  But even they are with youth and growth in mind.

The outs have just hit 50 (I'm not one of them despite my comments today, still undecided) baring in mind that is just pink in forum users that's a massive amount compared to what it would been only Friday when I doubt it would have topped 5.

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Presume you mean 'repartee', always good to check your spelling if trying to show off language skills. 

You seem to be a particularly aggressive and unnecessarily abusive keyboard persona, adios  amigo 😉

2 hours ago, Essjayess said:

I have not voted because of the make up of the title, specifically the "We" part. I have no power to either sack Daniel or keep him installed.

If the question was should the board sack Farke i would say no.

I of course would adore to see City somehow stay in the Prem more than one season but the above is far more important and is what is our reality right now.

A good chunk of the new signings were swayed to join City based on talking to, and what, Daniel said to them...a heck of a lot of work was involved getting them here..they need time to  gel, get used to the Prem etc etc...no length of losses will change my mind that what we have right now is the best we could ever hope for compared to 4 years ago pre SW  / DF.

I've stayed away from the forum for a good 24 hours though tempted to like some posts. Your common sense though has brought me here. I still support the project which you've more than hinted at:

* Signings that I have been intrigued about and bought at good prices (for us). Never thought we could attract a player like Tzolis for example. Farke has been a factor

* I like the fact that there is harmony between board/management and we are not seeing the kind of upheaval we have seen at other clubs (Sheff Wed, Derby...many others)

* I didn't expect many points from those first 4 games. Then we lost yesterday (Farke has yet to win a point against a Watford team I heard). Am I panicking? No, bollux I'm not. Am I resigned? No. It's still early and it feels to me like we have a brand new team. Nothing like 20/21 in the Championship. And...though we won the league, we HAD to bring in new faces. Everyone (well, most) were pleased with the window. Jeez, two played their FIRST ever game yesterday. The moaning on here is justified for a poor performance....but talking of sacking the manager now is beyond stupidity for our club. 

* I will wait til 12/13 games are played before giving up on my club for the season and resigning myself and my expectations to relegation if we don't get many points by then (feel we need a minimum of 11 by the time game 13 is played).

I watched Chelsea blow Spurs away today. They have the England captain and a whole load of experienced players and a very experienced boss. It happens. Last year Southampton lost a match 9-0. Hell knows what this place would have been like if it was us. Hasselhuttl is still there.

I say this to make a point about perspective. Is it Farke's fault that Ozan missed his marker yesterday? That Kenny McLean made an horric attempt at a clearance gifting Watford the chance? Too often folk cannot wait to jump on the manager blame wagon. 

I don't expect there are many managers as motivated than Daniel Farke in being a successful manager in the PL right now. He has said as much. What is needed now is real support not trial by keyboard warriors on social media. When times get hard you have to support in my view.

A few weeks ago DF couldn't do much wrong. Then we lose 4 games we knew were difficult and played crap for 60% of the fifth game..... We are seeing more like 2 strikers up the field and a virtually new midfield and 50% new defenders.

I realise this is an unpopular post for maybe 60% of posters on this board right now but (and I will leave my usual temperate persona here) I couldn't give a f*ck. I would ask for a bit more patience to see if we can turn this around in the coming weeks. 

Sorry. Long rant.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Hate to say it, but I feel the same. It feels a little defeatist to admit, but I don't fear relegation as long as we have Farke in charge - he's a very inexperienced manager himself, and the fear with fans standing against him is that he may become more stubborn than willing to change and learn by errors.

To me it just seems that management, board and players are still in the learning process - but they have a very clear goal of where they want to be.  I've seen nothing done for the short-term since Webber/Farke have been put in place - perhaps the Gilmour and Skipp loans?  But even they are with youth and growth in mind.

Half of me Totally Understands your Point and Agree 

But the Other Half is saying Farke won the Championship with a Very Good Squad 

i am not taking away what he has Achieved at all but last season is it Possible Another manager could of do what lambert done take us up and keep us there ?

After all Football is a Results Business that is how Farke got the job 

That is the Gamble i think Farke is Not good enough for the PL ,

Lambert and Hughton  have better stats in the PL and i would not want them back  (they had their right time right club time )

Has Farke had his success 2 championship Titles but PL a step to far ever Manager has that Expiry date ? 

We have to find that Manager who can take us to the PL and keep us there who i have no idea !! 

33 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I've stayed away from the forum for a good 24 hours though tempted to like some posts. Your common sense though has brought me here. I still support the project which you've more than hinted at:

* Signings that I have been intrigued about and bought at good prices (for us). Never thought we could attract a player like Tzolis for example. Farke has been a factor

* I like the fact that there is harmony between board/management and we are not seeing the kind of upheaval we have seen at other clubs (Sheff Wed, Derby...many others)

* I didn't expect many points from those first 4 games. Then we lost yesterday (Farke has yet to win a point against a Watford team I heard). Am I panicking? No, bollux I'm not. Am I resigned? No. It's still early and it feels to me like we have a brand new team. Nothing like 20/21 in the Championship. And...though we won the league, we HAD to bring in new faces. Everyone (well, most) were pleased with the window. Jeez, two played their FIRST ever game yesterday. The moaning on here is justified for a poor performance....but talking of sacking the manager now is beyond stupidity for our club. 

* I will wait til 12/13 games are played before giving up on my club for the season and resigning myself and my expectations to relegation if we don't get many points by then (feel we need a minimum of 11 by the time game 13 is played).

I watched Chelsea blow Spurs away today. They have the England captain and a whole load of experienced players and a very experienced boss. It happens. Last year Southampton lost a match 9-0. Hell knows what this place would have been like if it was us. Hasselhuttl is still there.

I say this to make a point about perspective. Is it Farke's fault that Ozan missed his marker yesterday? That Kenny McLean made an horric attempt at a clearance gifting Watford the chance? Too often folk cannot wait to jump on the manager blame wagon. 

I don't expect there are many managers as motivated than Daniel Farke in being a successful manager in the PL right now. He has said as much. What is needed now is real support not trial by keyboard warriors on social media. When times get hard you have to support in my view.

A few weeks ago DF couldn't do much wrong. Then we lose 4 games we knew were difficult and played crap for 60% of the fifth game..... We are seeing more like 2 strikers up the field and a virtually new midfield and 50% new defenders.

I realise this is an unpopular post for maybe 60% of posters on this board right now but (and I will leave my usual temperate persona here) I couldn't give a f*ck. I would ask for a bit more patience to see if we can turn this around in the coming weeks. 

Sorry. Long rant.

Don’t be sorry, great, sensible post. And has made me feel a lot better! So cheers for that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, komakino said:

Apology accepted. 

Why Mid-December? It will be too late. Far too late. 

There is a dangerous by product if our failure to get points continues. 

Two seasons ago, our 'take the money' approach was not liked in the media. I've already seen comments in National press that Norwich should be banned from the EPL as they are seen as little more than financial mercenaries. That will grow and grow, believe me. 

There is a reasonable chance that the EPL will place restrictions on clubs that are perceived as not taking the league seriously, and/or perform very badly. Think of it a bit like the 107% qualifying rule in F1. Standards must be maintained. 

Therefore, parachute payments could be restricted or even removed if certain criteria is not reached. The self funding model would then be in bits. 

I like Farke, but I had a niggling feeling the top tier was one tier too far. We cannot afford to wait, in every sense. 

Who gives a rat's **** what the media thinks? As Webber would say, ignore the noise. 

Also, where's the evidence that the EPL will place restrictions on those who don't take the league seriously? How could they even begin to prove that?

For me, Farke's earned the whole season, and the fact he has a four-year contract in the back pocket tells me people can moan all they like, but he won't be going anywhere. SO whilst annoyance at the result and the performance yesterday is thoroughly justifiable, as far as I'm concerned any notion of him being sacked is shagging the bottom of the stupid barrel.

I think people forget as well how hard it is to get straight back from the Championship after relegation and we did it with a club record points tally. He's then had the most creative player sold, and his defensive shield has stayed at Spurs after we were hoping to get him back in. So, he's had to rebuild our attack to some extent, and Farke teams with us haven't started a season quickly yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Sorry. Long rant.

Good post sony agree with all of that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

The first ten games in your 15 were TOTALLY RELEVANT last March when deciding whether to give Farke a new contract.

The only RELEVANT games now are the 5 this season.

Unless of course you were against giving Farke a new contract based on results two seasons ago.

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The first ten games in your 15 were TOTALLY RELEVANT last March when deciding whether to give Farke a new contract.

The only RELEVANT games now are the 5 this season.

Unless of course you were against giving Farke a new contract based on results two seasons ago.

*bangs head* of course they're sodding relevant it shows his complete failure at a top flight level. 

And I've already said, at the time of the new contract and again today yes I was 100% against a new contract until after Christmas, it backs us into a corner should it go **** up again in the top flight, which it's very much looking likely. 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

After all Football is a Results Business that is how Farke got the job 

That is the Gamble i think Farke is Not good enough for the PL ,

Lambert and Hughton  have better stats in the PL and i would not want them back  (they had their right time right club time )

Has Farke had his success 2 championship Titles but PL a step to far ever Manager has that Expiry date ? 

Football is a results business and Farke is delivering on the top 26 requirement.  As far as I'm aware there's been no stipulation that he's now expected to achieve top 17.  Even Webber is investing based on that plan still, or else we would've got fewer, more proven talent in for the money spent.

To give Farke his credit, he's also a manager who's acceptant of the clubs position and isn't using it as an excuse, in fact, quite the opposite he appears to be fully up to the challenge and fuelled with the thought that he can adapt a style of football that's successful and financially sustainable.

As for every manager having an expiry date.  We have to ask ourselves is he deluded and therefore expired? Or is he yet to ripen?  I'm pretty sure he'd do a better job than Arteta at Arsenal, but here he's got to sharpen the tools before he can even put them to use.

Bangs on the head can have serious consequences.

The games are still not relevant in whether Farke should be sacked now. They are only relevant for the few who can say "told you so". Webber and the board are not one of those.

It would be the most ridiculous decision in the history of our great club to sack Farke now.

10 hours ago, komakino said:

What on earth is the point of having a manager that gets you promoted, but is proven to fail to the highest level? 

He has only "proven to fail" on one occasion, where we didn't sign any real premier League quality players and got found out for it