Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)

Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)  

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we sack Farke?

• Yes, it isn't working
    • No, he deserves time
    • Undecided

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/21 at 22:59

32 minutes ago, Tumbleweed said:

No other club would tolerate this level of performance. I think DF is still getting an easy ride generally, which shows how patient and understanding the supporters and the board are. But we are indeed now a laughing stock, a PL embarrasment  and the excuses have to end. All managers come to the end of their shelf life. We need to capitalise on the good things he has done, part ways and not risk a downward spiral of acrimonious negativity. A real shame, but its the way of the football world.

100% this ☝🏼

Its just a shame that Norwich aren't proactive enough as a club to highlight these areas and act on them swiftly. We've seen it many times in the past where we keep hold of an underperforming manager for at least a season too long. 

9 minutes ago, Banjoman said:

3 weeks ago the overwhelming view seemed to be we needed a CDM and a CM or DF had no chance and we would never survive. 

We get them in and then have a (for some) 3 match international break where we had I think the 3rd most players away in the league. 

Ten days later people are calling for DF's head. 

Yes be unhappy at the situation and we need to improve. But 2 years ago is irrelevant now. Are we really advocating sacking our manager when he's only just assembled his squad? Seriously?

I do agree with this. 

I guess the other side of the coin is how long do we wait to see a competitive team? Because that's the problem right now. We don't look like we belong in the league. 

For me, I would say atleast another 2 games. But we have to see a major improvement by the third. Much longer than that then our season could already be over. 

Edited by interwebme

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As it says... 

Who would you want to take over? I put no as these are the players he's got in so he needs a bit more time with them to get them playing his way. OK performances have been poor man city away and Watford home, but its not like we've played 4 other teams like Burnley, Newcastle, teams you'd expect to be 12th or lower come May, we've played 4 top teams. He's trying 4 3 3 but really doesn't work for us, but I wouldn't see it fair if he was sacked after these games so far this season. Stick with it as nobody else good enough to come in, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Who would you want to take over?

I voted for him to not be sacked and to be given more time, so not sure why you are asking me this? He's only just been given the DM we've desperately needed and he's had no time to bed in, so would be rash to sack him now. 

But Frank Lampard if a vacancy emerges imminently, Mark Robins if we get relegated first. 

What complicates things is that there seem to be endemic issues. In 4 seasons we are still fragile defensively for instance. 

We are not the only team contending with covid, having new players, or international breaks. Every single defeat we can say the ref was bad, unfair var, couple of invdidual mistakes, debut, injury, wrong type of rain etc. The bottom line is that we are now setting 30 year PL records for poor performance. 

We don't have many realistic games to get points. So delaying too long means we need to get 35 points or so in whatever is left, so statistically really tough. My heart doesn't  want DF to go, but reluctantly I think it needs to be done. 

24 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I voted for him to not be sacked and to be given more time, so not sure why you are asking me this? He's only just been given the DM we've desperately needed and he's had no time to bed in, so would be rash to sack him now. 

But Frank Lampard if a vacancy emerges imminently, Mark Robins if we get relegated first. 

I just assumed you voted for him to go so I apologise. Think Robins would be a superb choice. I dont know about Lampard, had all that talent at Chelsea and they languished

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

I just assumed you voted for him to go so I apologise. Think Robins would be a superb choice. I dont know about Lampard, had all that talent at Chelsea and they languished

Did he get any say on the signings at Chelsea though, or were they imposed on him?

Did it upset the apple cart? 

Players like Werner turned up and he was expected to get them ticking, but what was wrong with Tammy Abraham? Lampard rated Abraham and rated Giroud.

He did a great job bringing through a few youngsters at Chelsea, I'd need to know how many of the subsequent signings were Abramovich playing football manager; Lampard to me looked like he was loyal to domestic talent, and the bigwigs seemed keen to spend big on players from the continent.

Werner still not scoring under Tuchel anyway, clearly not a bad player but showing himself to have been a tad bit over rated in Germany.

Are people seriously thinking that Farke will be sacked 5 games into a 4 year contract extension? He will be here for this year’s relegation and at least half of next years Championship challenge

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ridiculous. No reason to sack him whatsoever, not even a question that should be asked, but if anything, he needs time to get the best out of the new players.

Farkes's record in the EPL is diabolical. He cannot get the best out of the squad, whether this season or two seasons ago. No other club would tolerate that. 

The club needs a manager that can get somewhere near the best out of the squad and in the top flight, that is not Daniel Farke. That is not just my opinion, that is a fact. The league does not lie. 

What do you have to do to get sacked at Norwich City?

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Did he get any say on the signings at Chelsea though, or were they imposed on him?

Did it upset the apple cart? 

Players like Werner turned up and he was expected to get them ticking, but what was wrong with Tammy Abraham? Lampard rated Abraham and rated Giroud.

He did a great job bringing through a few youngsters at Chelsea, I'd need to know how many of the subsequent signings were Abramovich playing football manager; Lampard to me looked like he was loyal to domestic talent, and the bigwigs seemed keen to spend big on players from the continent.

Werner still not scoring under Tuchel anyway, clearly not a bad player but showing himself to have been a tad bit over rated in Germany.

Yeah I rated Abraham and giroud and still do, another player who I thought was good is tomori, he also paved the way for mount to become a good player. Like you say the people above probably got majority of the signings he didn't want. Warner had a good record at Leipzig just Chelsea doesn't seem to click for him, similar to Ziyech, was good at ajax and yet to flourish at Chelsea. When some players move clubs they don't seem to get on that great could be numerous of reasons, Torres at Liverpool was brilliant, Torres at Chelsea was average. 

Robins is doing a brilliant job at Coventry and deserves some recognition for what he's doing too.

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We voted the same way on this poll you smelly helmet. 

Wow what devastating reparte, touché!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Funny how that is slightly different to actually losing 15 games in a row, isn't it?

Still really weird how desperate some of our fans are to put two seasons together, not only that but two seasons with a season in between them ffs!

Another "dig" at fans with different views.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, komakino said:

Farkes's record in the EPL is diabolical. He cannot get the best out of the squad, whether this season or two seasons ago. No other club would tolerate that. 

The club needs a manager that can get somewhere near the best out of the squad and in the top flight, that is not Daniel Farke. That is not just my opinion, that is a fact. The league does not lie. 

What do you have to do to get sacked at Norwich City?

Disagree with the "plan" or dare to suggest its not fit for purpose in the top flight / suggest we deserve better / dare to criticise the god like status of our owners / think that selling your best player, by a country mile and contributor of 33 goals or assists is a bad thing ...

Taking any emotion out of it, 15 back to back losses in the Prem, with over £50 mills backing against the mitigation of no pre season. 

Im of the mindset he needs a few more games but if they’re also losses then he’s not capable of delivering in this league and a new hand should be given a chance even if we end up back in the Champ.

A general managerial refresh could be what the club needs. I would also think Webber will be off end of the season if Norwich go down again. 

I have to admit though, still being on 0 points after 5 games, is a pretty fkng bitter pill to swallow… 

Farke's premier league record.

43 games 5 wins, 6 draws, 32 LOSSES.

28 scored, 89 conceded. 

An 11.6% win rate!!!!!

And the if this poll is anything to go by the majority thinks he should be given more time!

Only at Norwich folks 😄

Like i always say, you get the club you deserve.

All the best, Keith.

One thing I always think about when someone says how much would it cost to sack a manager 

well if farke takes us down the sky money is less 

but more important the players are worth less 

if they have a good season in the Pl they are worth more than a player wanting to leave because we went down 

5 million to sack farke if we stay up would be cheap 

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Another "dig" at fans with different views.

A dig at fans that want to join two seasons together and ignore the one inbetween? Yeah, it is. 

• Like 1

Farke has proved with Webber he can get us promoted so I think the club will stick with him no matter what happens this season. It'll be a different story if Webber does leave though

4 minutes ago, interwebme said:

Perhaps both as co-manager

We all know they can’t be in the same team together 😉

• Haha 1

No way should we sack him. Farke has more than earned some time to bed in the new players. To find a new manager now who would fit into the clubs structure and do better with the players we have would take a minor miracle. He has shown us loyalty in signing a new contract, and now we need to stand by him( in my opinion). I can understand people not being happy after 5 defeats in the league, but sacking him now would do nothing to help us.  I really like the look of Sarjent and Normann, and I think once we settle on a back 4 and they get their communication sorted we will be fine. I think things will start to click given a few more games and things will look different by Christmas. Ignore the noise. *But we need to do better than Saturday, that was shiet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AJ said:

Farke has proved with Webber he can get us promoted so I think the club will stick with him no matter what happens this season. It'll be a different story if Webber does leave though

What on earth is the point of having a manager that gets you promoted, but is proven to fail to the highest level? 

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ridiculous. No reason to sack him whatsoever, not even a question that should be asked, but if anything, he needs time to get the best out of the new players.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

A dig at fans that want to join two seasons together and ignore the one inbetween? Yeah, it is. 

How many times? To write it off as irrelevant is as nonsensical as those who are using it totally to bash Farke when the truth is somewhere inbetween. Of course this stat has relevance as it points to a massive flaw in Farkes mentality at the top table which 100% needs addressing, the fact that it also includes the latest 5 league games is poignant. Its not like its including games from decades ago like some pundits have done with Brentford recently. 

4 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Wow what devastating reparte, touché!

Presume you mean 'repartee', always good to check your spelling if trying to show off language skills. 

Even with the emotion there’s a lot more saying yes than I expected. Some prominent posters whose opinion I respect as well.

Think people dismissing the idea as ridiculous need to at least acknowledge there’s a growing loss of patience and that’s not an invalid opinion.