Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)

Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)  

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we sack Farke?

• Yes, it isn't working
    • No, he deserves time
    • Undecided

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/21 at 22:59

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'll ask whatever question I want, you absolute forum fascist. . 

I'll act how I want at games too whilst I'm at it.

In case you didn't notice, i voted for "No, he deserves more time", but opposing views are just as valid as mine, because unlike you I don't think I'm some sort of god-like all-seeing super genius, now go and play with your silly hat collection. 

I said it's not a question that needs asked, that's all. That is me expressing my opinion and if you don't like it you can take it or leave it. 

btw, how many threads are you going to start on the subject of when Farke might leave, who might replace him etc etc?  I've counted three, but there may be more. Perhaps it is you that needs to find something to play with...........

Edited by lake district canary

2 minutes ago, Mullet said:

.I wouldn't be surprised if Farke is gone by Monday

Just signed a new four year contract hasn't he, be expensive to sack? 

I can't see the club rushing into paying him and his team off. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I said it's not a question that needs asked, that's all. That is me expressing my opinion and if you don't like it you can take it or leave it.

You could have done that by voting in the poll, which oddly you haven't done.

If you had you'd have noticed the people wanting him out are in a minority.

That's the point in a poll, to find that stuff out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You could have done that by voting in the poll, which oddly you haven't done.

If you had you'd have noticed the people wanting him out are in a minority.

That's the point in a poll, to find that stuff out. 

Maybe the poll wasn't necessary to work that one out......

Just now, lake district canary said:

Maybe it is good to know regardless. 

I reckon we can still finish in the top 4 this season, if fans just had a little bit of belief, what you saying Lakey?

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just signed a new four year contract hasn't he, be expensive to sack? 

I can't see the club rushing into paying him and his team off. 

I'm not sure that 'being too expensive to sack' has been a consideration too many times in the past..at any club

If the results are bad enough for long enough the manager will ultimately always pay with his job.

I'd also suggest that relegation would cost the club more than removing a team of coaching staff

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm not sure that 'being too expensive to sack' has been a consideration too many times in the past..at any club

Of course it has, that's why some put them on "gardening leave" rather than pay them a lump sum.

By doing the gardening leave thing they hope the manager gets so sick of not being able to work that they negotiate and compromise  reduced pay out, or another club offers them a job so they can just settle at any difference.

Spurs did this with Pochettino. He was sacked as manager November 2019.... but kept on the payroll, and any club wanting him would have had to pay compensation to Spurs. His gardening leave ended at the end of May 2020 when his contract expired. 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Of course it has, that's why some put them on "gardening leave" rather than pay them a lump sum.

By doing the gardening leave thing they hope the manager gets so sick of not being able to work that they negotiate and compromise  reduced pay out, or another club offers them a job so they can just settle at any difference.

Spurs did this with Pochettino. He was sacked as manager November 2019.... but kept on the payroll, and any club wanting him would have had to pay compensation to Spurs. His gardening leave ended at the end of May 2020 when his contract expired. 

Point still stands...if results are bad enough the manager is removed from their post..whatever the semantics

Anybody calling for the head of Farke actually know how much it would cost the club to sack him and who would replace him and please enough of the Eddie Howe (only ever worked out at one club) or Big Sam (out of our price bracket) nonsense. Not holding my breath for any sensible responses.........

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Point still stands...if results are bad enough the manager is removed from their post..whatever the semantics

If a figure of around £25k a week for Farke is to be believed, that's a hefty lump sum at £5.2m.

I wonder whether if we continue to be this dreadful and don't turn things around he'd do the decent thing and take say £1m? 

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Anybody calling for the head of Farke actually know how much it would cost the club to sack him and who would replace him and please enough of the Eddie Howe (only ever worked out at one club) or Big Sam (out of our price bracket) nonsense. Not holding my breath for any sensible responses.........

Could it be someone that we havent heard of before?...just as Farke was an unknown when appointed?

Its not our job to identify a new manager and know all the finances involved...thats what the sporting director is there to do

..but what we can do as fans is identify when the current one isnt perhaps up to the job in hand

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Still undecided needs more time to try and get this new group together. One thing that’s massively concerning is the inability to address the constant defensive woes that have not transferred across multiple seasons and multiple sets of players. We have a good enough group to out score most teams at 2nd division level but that step up really seems to expose the short comings in Farke tactically 

I’ll reserve judgement until 10 games if still no wins by then I’m afraid questions must be asked

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I'm not calling for the head of Farke yet.

But if it did happen, then Frank Lampard would be my choice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Could it be someone that we havent heard of before?...just as Farke was an unknown when appointed?

Its not our job to identify a new manager and know all the finances involved...thats what the sporting director is there to do

..but what we can do as fans is identify when the current one isnt perhaps up to the job in hand

Right, so we **** £5M+ sacking Farke, we hire an unknown Head Coach (potentially) whom I assume gets a similar contract or maybe even a more lucrative one (given we are now desperate for a replacement) with no guarantee that doing that will make on jot of difference to our chances of survival, is that the plan you have in mind?.........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Right, so we **** £5M+ sacking Farke, we hire an unknown Head Coach (potentially) whom I assume gets a similar contract or maybe even a more lucrative one (given we are now desperate for a replacement) with no guarantee that doing that will make on jot of difference to our chances of survival, is that the plan you have in mind?.........

No...I'm saying he maybe unknown to me or you or fans in general in this country...but the people at the club who are in charge of hiring presumably will know of them?

The question is always who else would we get?

Farke is a good fit for Norwich. Given the right players, he can virtually guarantee promotion to the Premier League. Plus he develops young players which generates revenue for the club when they're sold.

If only he could come to terms with the Premier League...

Our two most important signings of the window have only just made their debuts and some of you people want to sack the manager? Seriously?

A manager change right now would cause total chaos, IMO it’s the last thing this group of mostly unfamiliar players need in this moment. They need stability, they need to build that understanding of their place in the squad as well as those around them. Farke clearly provides that platform, and these are the players Webber acquired to supplement Farke specifically.

Webber did great with the transfers this window, on paper at least we can agree, but waiting until the very end of it for our ‘Plan A’ targets has clearly impacted our early season performances and will probably continue to do so. But it is hardly a surprise when you combine that buying strategy with losing your best two players at the other end.

Because of this, Farke deserves more time and to be honest he deserves much better than this kind of response from some of our fans. 

Another thing - continually bashing him for our post lockdown form 2 seasons is nonsensical when it ignores the fantastic season inbetween. I know the statisticians and pundits like it but we should be able to recognise the wider context and give the guy a bit more respect. I will freely admit there’s some rather stark similarities to 19/20 at the minute, but it’s a new group of players; and the time they and Farke need to find form should not be hindered because we finished poorly two years ago, that simply isn’t fair. 

Yes we were absolutely **** today and deserved to be boo’d off, Farke must shoulder some of the blame and things will become untenable if he cannot get us up from these performance levels in the coming games, but I simply cannot fathom those advocating to sack him already off the back of effectively one terrible performance? 

With the debuts of Normann and Kabak now out of the way, I personally think that today will mark our worst performance / result of the season and the beginning of the end our post transfer window ‘teething’ issues. It’s going to be a messy period but let’s see if we can start to turn things around.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Right, so we **** £5M+ sacking Farke

And that is just Farke... compo would also be owed to his coaching team, when the new manager wants his own people. 

Generally, making any quick decision without a clear alternative that fits with your long term strategy is the kind of short-term thinking that comes to haunt you. Unless Webber has an obvious other option then I don't see the benefit.

Im probably more demoralised than I have been in years tonight, but 10 games is probably a minimum of what a coach can be judge on.

I'm also not interested in his record before this season, we all knew he didn't have the players last time around so assessing his performances on that seems ridiculous. 

I will judge a defeat at home to one of the divisions poorest side pretty harshly though. This was a game we needed a result from.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1902 said:

I will judge a defeat at home to one of the divisions poorest side pretty harshly though. This was a game we needed a result from.

One thing that people do need remember is that we lost to Watford twice last season in the Championship, and still finished above them.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And that is just Farke... compo would also be owed to his coaching team, when the new manager wants his own people. 

It is a fair point and potentially there may be compensation to pay for the replacement Head Coach and backroom staff. All in all potentially a very expensive exercise that the Sporting Director needs to get spot on, I would hate to see the club spend a lot of money and end up in no better position than had they stuck with the current Head Coach. That all said I am in the undecided camp, I think if we are winless after 10 games then Stuart Webber will need to give serious consideration about replacing Daniel Farke. I think your suggestion of Frank Lampard (assuming we can afford him) is a good one as he strikes me he would be the right fit for the club in terms of how we play, developing youngsters etc and he may be more able to get more out of Gilmour (who I rate) than Farke is at the moment........

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

One thing that people do need remember is that we lost to Watford twice last season in the Championship, and still finished above them.

True, though given the signings made by both clubs, that surely needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

True, though given the signings made by both clubs, that surely needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Well transfer fees are only one part of the equation, their wages are likely higher. 

They beat us to Joshua King on a free this summer, and that was clearly down to wages. 

Allegedly our offer to Buendia to stay here was £35k a week. 

Josh King was allegedly on £45k a week at Bournemouth, and Everton allegedly matched that, so wonder what he's on at Watford? At least £30k you'd imagine.

And Watford always been good at finding bargains, Richarlison for £11m was ridiculous business. Flipped a year later for £50m.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

So how many games do we need to lose before you think these questions are worth asking? 20 straight losses.. 30?

A bit torn tbh. I actually thought that the performances against both Liverpool and Leicester were better than yesterday’s against Watford, because the team in both those games looked organised and despite the results, managed to balance defence and attack much better. 

Yesterdays was the first game IMO that could be won and wasn’t simply because of the set-up. I think they looked like a team that hadn’t played together that much so I think more games to see how this improves is definitely worthwhile. 

I do worry a bit that some of this is down to poor coaching/management so it is concerning, but I think we need time to see if the team can gel together, and how this improves.

I'd imagine his new contract comes with some kind of 'early release' clause that if we sack him this season he only gets say 2 years compensation, still better for him than his old deal. If we haven't included such a clause, then our board are bigger bumbling idiots than we thought.

No other club would tolerate this level of performance. I think DF is still getting an easy ride generally, which shows how patient and understanding the supporters and the board are. But we are indeed now a laughing stock, a PL embarrasment  and the excuses have to end. All managers come to the end of their shelf life. We need to capitalise on the good things he has done, part ways and not risk a downward spiral of acrimonious negativity. A real shame, but its the way of the football world.

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well transfer fees are only one part of the equation, their wages are likely higher. 

They beat us to Joshua King on a free this summer, and that was clearly down to wages. 

Allegedly our offer to Buendia to stay here was £35k a week. 

Josh King was allegedly on £45k a week at Bournemouth, and Everton allegedly matched that, so wonder what he's on at Watford? At least £30k you'd imagine.

And Watford always been good at finding bargains, Richarlison for £11m was ridiculous business. Flipped a year later for £50m.

Again, good points. I'm not actually arguing that Watford are a badly run club or bad themselves. However, they are one of the worst in this league. Which probably highlights what we are up again.

3 weeks ago the overwhelming view seemed to be we needed a CDM and a CB or DF had no chance and we would never survive. 

We get them in and then have a (for some) 3 match international break where we had I think the 3rd most players away in the league. 

Ten days later people are calling for DF's head. 

Yes be unhappy at the situation and we need to improve. But 2 years ago is irrelevant now. Are we really advocating sacking our manager when he's only just assembled his squad? Seriously?

Edited by Banjoman
Typo on "CB"
  • Like 2