Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)

Should We Sack Farke? (Poll)  

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we sack Farke?

• Yes, it isn't working
    • No, he deserves time
    • Undecided

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/21 at 22:59

Undecided, but only really because I like him. If this was Hughton, Roeder etc etc I'd be screaming for his head from the rooftops. 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The number who want him out seem high at the moment, thought a poll might give a more accurate reflection. 

In the aftermath of a defeat, it will always be higher. 

You'd get a different result if you wait until later in the week, for example.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

+ Forum users being more likely to call for changes would be my guess too.

Under what circumstances will this Club dispose of Farke’s services? It has been 15 straight Premiership defeats under his control! FIFTEEN straight Premiership defeats. What other Club would entertain that as an acceptable performance?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Under what circumstances will this Club dispose of Farke’s services? It has been 15 straight Premiership defeats under his control! FIFTEEN straight Premiership defeats. What other Club would entertain that as an acceptable performance?

Probably most that have a championship title sandwiched in-between to soften the blow?

• Like 3

Social media followers would be worse!

Agreed. The talk and debate on here has been fairly well made by all parties this evening, I'm not on Twitter but I'd imagine it'd be a **** fest on there tonight. 

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ridiculous. No reason to sack him whatsoever, not even a question that should be asked, but if anything, he needs time to get the best out of the new players.

I'll ask whatever question I want, you absolute forum fascist. . 

I'll act how I want at games too whilst I'm at it.

In case you didn't notice, i voted for "No, he deserves more time", but opposing views are just as valid as mine, because unlike you I don't think I'm some sort of god-like all-seeing super genius, now go and play with your silly hat collection. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not judging Farke on his Championship ability. He HAS to be judged on his ability as a Premiership head coach. That is the division that we are competing in., The Premiership. 15 straight defeats. Simply not acceptable.

• Like 1

Not close to enough time yet for me. I can take us going down under Farke but with the caveat that we are at least vaguely competitive (I.e. like what we saw 2 years ago prior to the last 10 games). If we continue performing haplessly as we did today, then I can’t see him lasting 7-8 more losses, maybe even less.

But I really really don’t want to see it come to that. I also don’t think it will, Kabak and Normann are only now into the side, let’s see how they can improve us when given a little time to integrate and find themselves. Because of this, I genuinely don’t think we will perform worse than today for the rest of the season, though we certainly have set the bar quite low today….

It was always going to be a ****e start losing our 2 best players and bringing in 9 new ones. Problem is we don’t have time to bed in and rotate, we need results ASAP. Farke has to find a winning formula soon.

3 minutes ago, Wonarso said:

Probably most that have a championship title sandwiched in-between to soften the blow?

Funny how that is slightly different to actually losing 15 games in a row, isn't it?

Still really weird how desperate some of our fans are to put two seasons together, not only that but two seasons with a season in between them ffs!

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Not close to enough time yet for me. I can take us going down under Farke but with the caveat that we are at least vaguely competitive (I.e. like what we saw 2 years ago prior to the last 10 games). If we continue performing haplessly as we did today, then I can’t see him lasting 7-8 more losses, maybe even less.

But I really really don’t want to see it come to that. I also don’t think it will, Kabak and Normann are only now into the side, let’s see how they can improve us when given a little time to integrate and find themselves. Because of this, I genuinely don’t think we will perform worse than today for the rest of the season, though we certainly have set the bar quite low today….

It was always going to be a ****e start losing our 2 best players and bringing in 9 new ones. Problem is we don’t have time to bed in and rotate, we need results ASAP. Farke has to find a winning formula soon.

Needs to work out was his best XI is and fast, he hasn't got much time to turn things around. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Needs to work out was his best XI is and fast, he hasn't got much time to turn things around. 

Hasn’t he? Do you have some inside knowledge to support this claim?

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sunday is the first day of the calender week.

The poll was started at 11:07pm on a Saturday.

There was only 53 minutes of the week left, how much longer should I have waited for a different result? 30 minutes?

3 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Hasn’t he? Do you have some inside knowledge to support this claim?

Hasn't got much time to turn things around if we are to have a chance of staying up this season, that is common sense and requires only basic maths and a basic understanding of professional football in England rather than any inside knowledge. Wasn't talking about his job status. Hope you will sleep better after that clarification.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just cant see that he has the nous to organize the team in such a different way so as to give us a better chance of grinding out points at this level.

My heart says to give him more time.....my head says that I just cant see him turning it around and as each game goes by it just makes the task harder for the next man.

I'm going to say give him another couple of games...but thats the absolute latest we can leave it before making a change

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sunday is the first day of the calender week.

The poll was started at 11:07pm on a Saturday.

There was only 53 minutes of the week left, how much longer should I have waited for a different result? 30 minutes?

I wasn't saying you should've waited, I was merely pointing out that the 'Farke Out' votes would be higher in the immediate aftermath of a defeat, which surely you must acknowledge is true.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hasn't got much time to turn things around if we are to have a chance of staying up this season, that is common sense and requires only basic maths rather than inside knowledge. Wasn't talking about his job status. Hope you will sleep better after that clarification.

Strangely common sense and your posts aren’t something I normally connect together, Russell Martin for manager anyone?

I wasn't saying you should've waited, I was merely pointing out that the 'Farke Out' votes would be higher in the immediate aftermath of a defeat, which surely you must acknowledge is true.

Yes, football fans are fickle.

I did one of these polls once before when it was about 50/50, and then we got promoted. 

It is the same with political polling, Tories dropped hugely just after a tax increase. 

It is still interesting, already we see that those who want him sacked are in a minority.

2 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Strangely common sense and your posts aren’t something I normally connect together, Russell Martin for manager anyone?

This club loves hiring a former player on the cheap.

Bryan Gunn, Neil Adams, Peter Grant. 

Russell Martin will get his chance. 

voted no as I think our problems potentially run much deeper. He deserves the first dozen or so games to see whether his recruitment shows any life after we effectively had no pre season.

I don't really see any managers out there that will improve our chances of staying up significantly so you're employing someone to prepare for a season back in the championship if you switch now

5 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Strangely common sense and your posts aren’t something I normally connect together,

We voted the same way on this poll you smelly helmet. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Farke isn’t the problem. He is a genius to have achieved so much with so little.  It is simply the quality of the players which is being found out again. That goes to the board. Our so-called model is fundamentally incompatible with running a competitive PL team. 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Failure to beat Everton and I will be in that camp

You seem already to be so. Who would you as Farkes replacement?

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ridiculous. No reason to sack him whatsoever, not even a question that should be asked, but if anything, he needs time to get the best out of the new players.

That's like the captain of the titanic saying be patient we need more time and giving everyone a cullender to bail out water. 

Its only September and we've had it mate lets not delude ourselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Farke is gone by Monday