Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

"Well Defended"

If you ever wanted a perfect demonstration of the total bias against us from the BBC just watch MOTD.

Ball flicked on by Pukki to Sargent in their penalty area. Sargent trying to get his shot away - Troost Ekong clearly grabs hold of Sargent's shirt and carries on pulling it for the whole time that Sargent is trying to set himself and get his shot away. Unsurprisingly Sargent isn't able to make any sort of clear contact.

The BBC commentators response "that's well defended". 

Totally and utterly laughable. 

Didn't even bother showing the blatant penalty on Rashica either. I've said if before, as **** as we were today, it doesn't matter we're simply not allowed by the Premier league to remain in this league, referees and pundits are in on it. 

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Didn't even bother showing the blatant penalty on Rashica either. I've said if before, as **** as we were today, it doesn't matter we're simply not allowed by the Premier league to remain in this league, referees and pundits are in on it. 

We were second best, stayong in this league has nothing to do with referees. 

Edited by Alex

1 minute ago, Alex said:

No, but the point about shirt pulling was accurate. Not one official at the ground nor in the cubbyhole where they keep VAR noticed it - but should have.  Shirt pulling in the act of trying to shoot is a penalty. 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Oh I know we were today, but it doesn't really matter, self funding clubs that provide no glamour or glitzy signings are not welcome 

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Oh I know we were today, but it doesn't really matter, self funding clubs that provide no glamour or glitzy signings are not welcome 

I think the conspiracy theories are a bit silly if I am honest. Yes, the big clubs probably do get the rub of the green but I don't think officials are actively going against us becaue they don't want us in the league. Burnley seem to have managed. We lose every week and its not because of the officials. 

Edited by Alex

49 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No, but the point about shirt pulling was accurate. Not one official at the ground nor in the cubbyhole where they keep VAR noticed it - but should have.  Shirt pulling in the act of trying to shoot is a penalty. 

They had legitimate claims for a penalty late on. 

Lets not get carried away with the conspiracy theories and pleas of they want us out of the league from some posters.

• Like 2

Regardless of how sh*t we were (and defensively we were) if we get the penalty to potentially go 2-1 up it’s a different game. 

But it was well defended……he fouled the player to stop him scoring but didn’t give away a penalty. If only our defenders could actually do that we might get a point this season!!

8 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Martin Keown says he saw nothing from us today to suggest we can stay up. He’s probably correct unfortunately.

I have to agree. He said he's not writing us off just yet, just don't look like a Premier league team.