JB

For me, I'm gutted and can't see a turn around

As per the title I went in to today backing everything about the club. The board, the management and the starting 11. I attended and watched the game, remaining behind them still until Watford scored their 3rd. I left the stadium at this point. I'd had enough. My passion remains and will always remain strong but that emotionally hurt me this afternoon. We had a crystal clear chance to not lose...so what do we do but lose. I can take the first few games as a struggle but this WAS the chance to do something and we shirked it. I don't dislike anyone for it, of course not, but I feel we are at an impass. Absolutely we are not related directly to all the leagues, but we have proven to be the worst team in the professional leagues in terms of a points return, and now, in my heart of hearts this has proven enough for me at a premier league level. I want to express peacefully my now lack of faith in the management in that I don't think they carry any premier league ability. This is how it very much appears to be, taking into account the season so far and our last prem campaign. We manage very well at Champs level but the prem is too far for us as what we are right now. We lack either the playing staff or the ability to deal with said playing staff sufficiently and due to that, we appear to be on another downfall. If we get beaten by a close rival as we have tonight when everyone knows we needed to really go out of our way to put in everything, and that's simply not enough, questions now have to be asked, and they are being asked from me tonight. I won't be as obvious as saying "Farke out", but I will say that he has probably shown he can't manage at this level given the last 15 in a row loses at a Prem level (excuse me if I am 1 short there). I think sacking him may not have any benefit but I cannot see the current management improving. This was their chance, and for me, they've failed. 

Edited by JB

I think I feel a bit broken hearted. I think Daniel Farke is awesome, I have untold amounts of respect for him as a man and for what he’s done for us but I feel like today delivered a chilling realisation that he just isn’t going to be able to deliver what we need on this level.

im not angry about that. I’m just very sad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

I think I feel a bit broken hearted. I think Daniel Farke is awesome, I have untold amounts of respect for him as a man and for what he’s done for us but I feel like today delivered a chilling realisation that he just isn’t going to be able to deliver what we need on this level.

im not angry about that. I’m just very sad. 

I'm with you. Great man who I've every human respect for, but he is not able to cut it I feel. Yes, it could be the players but I truly feel those players ARE capable with the right guidance and coaching. That isn't happening right now. 

I think we all have to dig deep, including DF, to keep faith in what we are trying to do.   Let's not forget several of the new players have barely come through the door and are only just finding out about their team mates and the way we play.  It's hard, but we can turn it round - a week is a long time in football and anything can happen.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I think we all have to dig deep, including DF, to keep faith in what we are trying to do.   Let's not forget several of the new players have barely come through the door and are only just finding out about their team mates and the way we play.  It's hard, but we can turn it round - a week is a long time in football and anything can happen.

Love this faith but I can't see it. Truly feel this was our moment tonight 

• Like 1

Time to think aboute Next Session if we cant geth some result the Next 3-4 games.

No point in playing the players on Lone afther that if we dont have good results in the Next 4 games

We have to give game time to the players thats Will stay here Next season. 

Farke have a new long time contract, so to expensive to let him go.

The future is bright, but I have no exectation for this season. 

Edited by Olano

Other managers I have seen in my time would be setting us up to park the bus in the next few games, with the aim of getting a point or two on the board then building from that, making us hard to beat. I just can't see this happening or having the players to do this. I'd take a couple of 0-0 draws away from home right now.