Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Next manager will be Russell Martin

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No point in sacking Farke, because the Farke way is the Webber way. 

This. 

Although I mean it in a positive way, whereas I'm not convinced that you did.

Another name that hasn't been mentioned in this thread by the way is Steve Cooper. As a complete hypothetical if Farke were to leave, he'd be in the running because he too has very close links to Webber, punched well above his weight at Swansea and actually managed to keep a tight defence.

5 minutes ago, 1902 said:

It's very hard to look at a post which even begins to suggest that Steve Bruce is the answer to anything and take it seriously. 

I think I have never been more convinced that acting for the sake of action is a bad move than by this.

Bruce got a poor Newcastle team to 12th last season....wish we were that poor

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Jones’ arrival as coach and their subsequent tactical changes and more attacking play (complete opposite to Bruce football) had a pretty big part to play. If he hadn’t joined, Bruce wouldn’t still be manager - and Newcastle likely relegated

Edited by Fiery Zac

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I mean, he had Callum Wilson up front, experience at prem level with Lascelles, Clark and Schar as CBs, Shelvey and Willock as central midfielders, Saint Maximim, Ritchie, Fraser as attacking players.

They have a solid Premier League team and did last season. Not exceptional, but about right for their league position. He didn't have them punching. 

1 hour ago, Wonarso said:

I can't see Farke going anywhere this season baring the squad downing tools.

Martin didn't take too long to leave Mkdons but I don't see him doing the same with Swansea so quickly. He may one day be a Norwich manager, but I can't see it within the next couple of years.

As for Robins, he's doing a decent job at Coventry and has taken them up two divisions but is he really someone who would inspire here considering the level he's managed at? What happens if he gets off to a bad start? Results may have been disappointing but I can't see a change this season and assuming do put up some kind of fight I fully expect Farke to still be with us at the start of next season too.

If Steve Bruce gets sacked at Newcastle........................

Russell Martin - heaven forbid! Captain Pointy Finger! He will be blaming everyone except himself as soon as things turn for the worst.

To suggest that we should even be thinking of binning Daniel farke is just as mental as throwing Paul Lambert's name into the hat as a name to consider as next manager.

DF needs to leave? You've lost it lads

1 minute ago, NeymarSmith said:

To suggest that we should even be thinking of binning Daniel farke is just as mental as throwing Paul Lambert's name into the hat as a name to consider as next manager.

The poll I'm running at the minute has 35% saying he should be sacked, 57% saying he shouldn't.

The person who started this thread (me) voted to say that he shouldn't be sacked. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Others have already addressed why that's not an accurate assessment of Bruce's last season.

However what would ever make you think that his football would get more out of these players?

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Others have already addressed why that's not an accurate assessment of Bruce's last season.

However what would ever make you think that his football would get more out of these players?

I want someone who can in anyway stop us conceding goals and have any kind of plan to grind out results in this league

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I want someone who can in anyway stop us conceding goals and have any kind of plan to grind out results in this league

Don't we all. Don't see many on that list who could do that with the players on our books.

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So lets make sure we are all fully 100% sure that we want Farke out before calling for that to happen, yeah?

We all know deep down that this is the manager in waiting and that talk of Eddie Howe is just silly. 

I don't feel like things are desperate enough to take that punt.

Although I do think he'd inject more passion than Farke is at the minute, he seems to have lost his mojo. 

Find it again Farke, please, consider this season your one big chance to leave a lasting legacy and fight for it. 

I can see things getting bad enough to consider Russell Martin a good idea, but there is a long way to go before I'm calling for that. 

Languishing above championship relegation, we’ve done sentiment to ex players before and we know where that gets us

• Like 1

Frank Lampard's Norwich would go down well on MOTD and on here I suspect.

For the sake of continuity I would trust Webber in making the right appointment for Farke's successor. On that basis it won't be Russell Martin. 

I'll be extremely worried if both leave at the same time, which if I were to bet right now, would be the end of this season.

Martin's one for the future where we aren't a top 26 club.

Getting Lampard would achieve one thing, we'd become much more palatable to the Premier league and as such referee's would be no longer instructed to help us back to the Championship....... 😏

I just want a manager / head coach with the fanciest name. John Smith won't cut it... Christiano Del Messi Piero would be better, regardless of what lower league he's from.

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The poll I'm running at the minute has 35% saying he should be sacked, 57% saying he shouldn't.

The person who started this thread (me) voted to say that he shouldn't be sacked. 

Well thank Christ , hey teemu! I must say I'm surprised as many as 35pc want him gone

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

Delia doesn't pick our managers. Do you think she went and found Farke?

Well she certainly picked the boys Hamilton, Grant and Gunn for sure!

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Yeah I've heard how Delia picked only the bad managers...deary me.

13 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

You may be right but surely 15 successive defeats in this league tells a different story?? 

3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

And Neil Adams

Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah I've heard how Delia picked only the bad managers...deary me.

Good to seen you haven't denied the claim I made! Re Hamilton, Smith was interviewed by the EEN said person was discussed following the Rioch sacking. She was asked whether she wanted him as next manager. Rct rIOCK blowhen H

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Good to seen you haven't denied the claim I made! Re Hamilton, Smith was interviewed by the EEN said person was discussed following the Rioch sacking. She was asked whether she wanted him as next manager. Rct rIOCK blowhen H

Reply was ............'Yes, he will be if I've got anything to do with it'! Check it out if you don't believe me.

We mustn't let this drift though. IF the club has genuine desire to stay in the Premier League then there's no point in waiting until next year to make  change if Farke isn't producing the goods. If after 10 games (possibly even 8 ) there is no sign of improvement, and possibly still 0 points, then the decision needs to be made to either stick with Farke through thick or thin, or bring in the likes of Lampard or Howe.

He seems a bit all over the place at the moment, needs results, better performances, and fast.