Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Next manager will be Russell Martin

So lets make sure we are all fully 100% sure that we want Farke out before calling for that to happen, yeah?

We all know deep down that this is the manager in waiting and that talk of Eddie Howe is just silly. 

I don't feel like things are desperate enough to take that punt.

Although I do think he'd inject more passion than Farke is at the minute, he seems to have lost his mojo. 

Find it again Farke, please, consider this season your one big chance to leave a lasting legacy and fight for it. 

I can see things getting bad enough to consider Russell Martin a good idea, but there is a long way to go before I'm calling for that. 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So lets make sure we are all fully 100% sure that we want Farke out before calling for that to happen, yeah?

We all know deep down that this is the manager in waiting and that talk of Eddie Howe is just silly. 

Although I do think he'd inject more passion than Farke is at the minute, he seems to have lost his mojo. 

Find it again Farke, please, consider this season your one big chance to leave a lasting legacy and fight for it. 

I can see things getting bad enough to consider Russell Martin a good idea, but there is a long way to go before I'm calling for that. 

Russell Martin as next manager!!! Farke deserves time but have a look at Mark Robins CV. Coventry could be swapping places with us in 8 months. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Russell Martin as next manager!!! Farke deserves time but have a look at Mark Robins CV. Coventry could be swapping places with us in 8 months. 

But Delia loves Russell Martin, like she did Neil Adams. 

I'm not saying I want Russell Martin, I'm telling you that is who we will blatantly be getting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm not saying I want Russell Martin, I'm telling you that is who we will blatantly be getting. 

Well then it’s time to give in. When that woman gets activity involved it always goes **** up. 

• Like 1

I can't see Farke going anywhere this season baring the squad downing tools.

Martin didn't take too long to leave Mkdons but I don't see him doing the same with Swansea so quickly. He may one day be a Norwich manager, but I can't see it within the next couple of years.

As for Robins, he's doing a decent job at Coventry and has taken them up two divisions but is he really someone who would inspire here considering the level he's managed at? What happens if he gets off to a bad start? Results may have been disappointing but I can't see a change this season and assuming do put up some kind of fight I fully expect Farke to still be with us at the start of next season too.

2 minutes ago, Wonarso said:

Martin didn't take too long to leave Mkdons but I don't see him doing the same with Swansea so quickly.

They have 7 points from 8 games (only the 1 win) and sit 21st in the table, so unless he finds some form quickly I'm not convinced he'll last until January. 

Frank Lampard?

Great at coaching the kids

Only IF Farke did go (which I don’t expect or want)

Edited by Canary Jedi

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Delia doesn't pick our managers. Do you think she went and found Farke?

3 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Frank Lampard?

Great at coaching the kids

That would be my choice (if Farke doesn't turn things around over the next few games).

if successful he'd jump within 18-24 months of course, but if he could just deliver 17th this season whilst we work out a longer term solution that would be fine by me. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Russell Martin spoke recently about his close relationship with Stuart Webber and how he frequently calls Webber for advice, so don't assume it has to be a Delia decision. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don’t think she did but Gunn and Adams have her DNA all over it.

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Russell Martin spoke recently about his close relationship with Stuart Webber and how he frequently calls Webber for advice, so don't assume it has to be a Delia decision. 

I think that's why people are talking about Delia - because you made that argument primarily. 

It's a bit early for this talk anyway, but I somewhat doubt that Webber will feel he has left the club in a better place than he found it if he leaves at the end of this season having gotten this far with a manager and not brought one in that is an improvement should Farke go.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t think she did but Gunn and Adams have her DNA all over it.

Go back further and there was the farce that was Bryan Hamilton.

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This is not going to age well...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Great ambassador for the club but equally an embarrassment in more ways than one. Still the majority on here love her like a true relative so we get what we deserve. 

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Really! She owns the club. Are you telling me she and MWJ do not have an input!?

Lets throw some names around...

Howe, Wilder, Hughton(?!), Allardyce, Martin, Robins, Ismael (probably too late), Lampard & Jody Morris,maybe Steve Bruce in a couple of weeks??

Are we going to meekly accept that we will just go down ...or is there a manager out there who can perhaps offer a different approach , who can organize us at this level to give us a better chance to win points.

...I just hope that if we do act, we act quickly enough for anybody new to have enough of the season left to have a chance

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

Really! She owns the club. Are you telling me she and MWJ do not have an input!?

In which case she has absolutely excelled herself and proven to be the most knowledgeable football owner in English history if she flew over to Germany to watch Dortmund 2 and decided Farke was the guy for us.

Cracking job Delia! At the time, our fans were crowing on here for the likes of Rowett and Warnock...

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes it's a while back now but I seem to remember Delia being devastated he resigned because he was "such a nice man" - and yes I said resigned, they clearly had no intention of sacking him, just like they never wanted to get rid of Worthington even though he stayed well over a year too long.

Russell Martin is such an NCFC appointment and is blatantly going to end up here, regardless of whether he turns out to be a good manager or not. I can't think of anyone I'd want to manage us less. 

When Farke goes Webber will go too, if he is still here by that point, and we will be back to the NCFC of old - appointing ex-players as manager because they used to play for us and is a nice man 🙄

• Like 1

Thought I'd bookmark this page. Its quite clear there's going to be even more silly posts than there already is and could be a good laugh in a years time or so.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The thing with that is, it was a bit interesting in terms of where we are now. I believe at that time they were hoping to establish a European model of a Sporting Director and a head coach... I believe they hoped Hamilton would eventually step into the Sporting Director role if memory serves me right.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

The thing with that is, it was a bit interesting in terms of where we are now. I believe at that time they were hoping to establish a European model of a Sporting Director and a head coach... I believe they hoped Hamilton would eventually step into the Sporting Director role if memory serves me right.

Wasn't Hamilton already in that role with Rioch? Or was he joint manager?

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In which case she has absolutely excelled herself and proven to be the most knowledgeable football owner in English history if she flew over to Germany to watch Dortmund 2 and decided Farke was the guy for us.

Cracking job Delia! At the time, our fans were crowing on here for the likes of Rowett and Warnock...

Maybe she and MWJ have. But I’ll tell you this. Her choice hasnt!! What is it. A premiership win ratio of 11.3%! 

Just now, City 2nd said:

Maybe she and MWJ have. But I’ll tell you this. Her choice hasnt!! What is it. A premiership win ratio of 11.3%! 

Well, he was recruited for the championship because that's where we were when we employed him, and he's delivered two titles at that level. Absolutely unbelievable appointment.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Russell Martin is stubborn like Farke, play out from defence even though you aren't good enough is suicide.

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

Russell Martin is stubborn like Farke, play out from defence even though you aren't good enough is suicide.

Yeah I don't want him, I didn't say I wanted him.

But Farke plays the Webber way.

Martin is advised by Webber.

And that's why Martin and Farke play the same way. 

No point in sacking Farke, because the Farke way is the Webber way. 

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Howe, Wilder, Hughton(?!), Allardyce, Martin, Robins, Ismael (probably too late), Lampard & Jody Morris,maybe Steve Bruce in a couple of weeks??

Of that list I think Lampard is the only one I'd go for. Decent job at Derby and no real shame of being sacked from Chelsea. Big name and reputation that would certainly motivate. As stated above would leave us pretty quickly if successful but that would be a nice problem to develop I guess. 

As for the other names on your list I don't think I'd go for a single one, Allardyce has consistently left clubs basically hating themselves and nearly everyone has required some kind of transition after he's left to bleach their eyes from the turgid football he'd scarred them with. Howe required a pretty outrageous spend at Bournemouth to what eventually amounted to him bailing out when relegation was on the cards. We may remember Wilder well from a promotion alongside us and a decent finish two seasons ago but we are conveniently ignoring their showing last season. Hughton...... what? Robins would only need a bad start before we'd all be wishing we'd stuck with Farke and Martin would be far too inexperienced. Ismeal would be a decent option but wouldn't be leaving WBA for us.

I can't see Farke leaving, if you group our seasons into batches of two then I would argue we are continuing to improve under him, on and off the pitch. Although that does assume we go onto beat our points tally of two seasons ago, something that, despite our start I do believe we will do.

22 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Lets throw some names around...

Are we going to meekly accept that we will just go down ...or is there a manager out there who can perhaps offer a different approach , who can organize us at this level to give us a better chance to win points.

...I just hope that if we do act, we act quickly enough for anybody new to have enough of the season left to have a chance

It's very hard to look at a post which even begins to suggest that Steve Bruce is the answer to anything and take it seriously. 

I think I have never been more convinced that acting for the sake of action is a bad move than by this.

Edited by 1902