TeemuVanBasten

Is there a loss of support for the project?

Without investment but still running the club financially sort of sensibly the club could probably give itself a better shot at staying in the league. Don't sign the likes of Tzolis and Sargent, give that fee to Danny Rose, Josh King and soon to be 35 Juraj Kucka in wages. If we stay up then great, we just do it again next year. You can probably say 'cya later' to any real development at coleny but who needs that.

Edited by KeiranShikari

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think you are very much in a minority if you believe the squad is weaker than last year’s. I know there is an argument about a notional starting eleven but the squad is markedly stronger. I could go through the whole squad, but just to take the first and last positions, Gunn is a better back-up keeper than anyone we had last season, and Pukki, Idah and Sargent look to be better than than Pukki, Idah and Hugill.

That's fine. I'm in the minority on lots of things I'm right about (see also Brexit 😉 )

But we'll see I guess. I'm really hoping we don't do a Derby County this season, but it looks more likely than us staying up right now. I'd love it if I was hopelessly wrong on this one. You can call me names if that happens. 

8 hours ago, The Bunny said:

That's fine. I'm in the minority on lots of things I'm right about (see also Brexit 😉 )

But we'll see I guess. I'm really hoping we don't do a Derby County this season, but it looks more likely than us staying up right now. I'd love it if I was hopelessly wrong on this one. You can call me names if that happens. 

You'll find that Purple has been pretty much spot on about that too.👍

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Herman said:

You'll find that Purple has been pretty much spot on about that too.👍

I refuse to get involved in that thread, so I’ll have to take your word for it 😉