lake district canary

Booing is and always will be tin-pot

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Are we the only club in the EPL that have a number of supporters notably booing the taking of the knee ?

I don't know, but I wish the stewards would do something about it. I thought we were supposed to have a zero tolerance policy on racism.

So West Brom don’t play well 1st half so booed off. Subs made ( including Hugill ) crowd boo. West Brom despite being booed turn a 1:0 deficit into 2:1 win, how tin pot.

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

But what about the mental health of the opposition, or is it only the well-being of our own players that matters? Seems rather thoughtless does it not?

Presumably badger and LDC have never ever shouted at a referee or opposition player incase it damages their mental state…

It seems you are being deliberately obtuse. I've been saying all along that if you want to boo at, shout or get at somebody at a game, do it at the opposition or the ref.  Make it hostile for visiting teams - they expect it to be a cauldron of home support and so make it as hard for them as possible - but don't do it at your own - unless they need a kick up the back side, in which case shout at them - but don't boo them. It's ridiculous imo. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So West Brom don’t play well 1st half so booed off. Subs made ( including Hugill ) crowd boo. West Brom despite being booed turn a 1:0 deficit into 2:1 win, how tin pot.

They might have turned it round anyway.  

Seems like booing is becoming a thing to do at any time.  All a bit of a shame really, seems like standards are dropping everywhere.

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

They might have turned it round anyway.  

Seems like booing is becoming a thing to do at any time.  All a bit of a shame really, seems like standards are dropping everywhere.

Booing the taking of the knee by our supporters is surely a bigger problem as our players ( like the players from other teams ) see this as standing together, but we don’t.

Anyway thought you said booing results in players being demotivated, WBA and Jordan just shew that is not always the case.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Top of the league  - that there's much to worry about with regards to their confidence at the moment.

Certainly more cheers than boos (there were some) at the end. Of course the loudest chant in the first part of the game was ‘how s**t must you be we’re drawing away’. Events somewhat changed matters soon after. Are the pesky away  fans in trouble with the booing police?

22 hours ago, Badger said:

I don't know, but I wish the stewards would do something about it. I thought we were supposed to have a zero tolerance policy on racism.

Don’t be pathetic.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Don’t be pathetic.

You don't think that we should have a zero  tolerance policy on racism?

😮

Just now, Badger said:

You don't think that we should have a zero  tolerance policy on racism?

😮

You know very well that we’ve had page after page of “discussion” about whether or not the taking a knee is an innocent gesture to symbolise the right and proper opposition to discrimination or whether it’s an overt display of support for the BLM movement which may or may not be a front for Marxism and far-left politics in general.  Stop dragging this argument up yet again.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

... or whether it’s an overt display of support for the BLM movement which may or may not be a front for Marxism and far-left politics in general.  Stop dragging this argument up yet again.

Good grief - do you really, really believe that? Really?

Look there's no point in the debating the issue - nobody with any powers of reasoning still believes that it is a pro-marxist statement; it has been said time and time again that it is just an anti-racist action. The idea that the Football League, The Premier League; The FA; hundreds of multi-millionaire footballers are all a secret front of Marxist conspirators is such a pathetic excuse that it leaves any  rational person with only one logical conclusion about why people boo taking the knee.

I don't want to discuss the matter with you further.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Good grief - do you really, really believe that? Really?

Look there's no point in the debating the issue - nobody with any powers of reasoning still believes that it is a pro-marxist statement; it has been said time and time again that it is just an anti-racist action. The idea that the Football League, The Premier League; The FA; hundreds of multi-millionaire footballers are all a secret front of Marxist conspirators is such a pathetic excuse that it leaves any  rational person with only one logical conclusion about why people boo taking the knee.

I don't want to discuss the matter with you further.

Well you were the one who resurrected the subject, in your inimitable proselytising sanctimonious way.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Well you were the one who resurrected the subject, in your inimitable proselytising sanctimonious way.

I didn't actually I was responding to We'll Be Back who raised it.

Anyway, I don't want to discuss the matter anymore as I know that I won't change your mind, my brave anti-Marxist freedom fighter! 

23 hours ago, Badger said:

I think that a majority of people are like myself and have a zero tolerance policy towards racism. I also think that footballers should not be taking the knee as it is synonymous with BLM, an organisation whose founder has funneled millions into her own pockets. Then used those millions to purchase mansions rather than promote equality.

I will never support hypocrites.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

Dare I mention...Man U booed off at half time losing 2-0 and go on to win 3-2 😉

Edited by king canary

7 hours ago, king canary said:

Dare I mention...Man U booed off at half time losing 2-0 and go on to win 3-2 😉

Maybe that show of dissatisfaction from the crowd woke them up and spurred them on to do better. 

Don’t get me wrong I’ve never booed in my life but I feel at times people have the right. 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Did it alter the result?

No, but I feel a lot better.

Ive just gone out the back door and had another good BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Have the Norwich away support joined Delia, Mick, Webbo, Neppers Tom and the rest of the board's conga in the car park yet?......

10 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Are we allowed to boo yet?

All the best. Keith Scott.

Most certainly and it should hurt the players pride to just maybe get a positive reaction. 

I just knocked on my elderly neighbours door and boo'ed right into her face for 10 minutes straight when she answered it.

She had no idea why but that'll learn her.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

I just knocked on my elderly neighbours door and boo'ed right into her face for 10 minutes straight when she answered it.

Are you Delia's next door neighbour?

8 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Kicking your garage door also helps.

Interestingly, more boos at full time. Those that were left appeared to be firmly in the Farke out camp. Experience suggests that the away fans tend to turn first. Sad to see. He’s achieved so much with so little. The problem is elsewhere. As, indeed, is the solution.

Edited by Highland Canary

Just now, Highland Canary said:

Interestingly, more boos at full time. Those that were left appeared to be firmly in the Farke out camp. Experience suggests that the away fans tend to turn first. Sad to see. He’s achieved so much with so little. The problems is elsewhere. As, indeed, is the solution.

Good to see you are still alive Highland.

I was starting to think you'd swallowed your sporran.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Anyone got a cat I could borrow? 

Mine used to hide under the sofa everytime I kicked the garage door.