lake district canary

Booing is and always will be tin-pot

8 hours ago, Mullet said:

I'd have thrown a pot of p!ss if I had some, is that tinpot

Pisspot, shirley?

8 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Did you think the subs worked? 

No, but our fans aren't f*cking future-tellers, they have absolutely no idea if our subs are going to work - they've barely seen Tzolis, how would they have a clue? 

And that's not even the point. Booing substitutions is beyond pathetic. "But Sargent was playing well". Yeah, he was, but guess what? He had ran himself into the ground and on several occasions was stretching out something - Farke has to consider the whole season whereas our genius fans who think they have the right to boo substitutions only look at the next 20 minutes.

Boo a performance all you like but booing substitutions like you're some football professor is complete rubbish.

For a start Lake district canary doesn't go to many games live! - Were you at Carrow Road to watch that shower yesterday?

(And no I'm not getting into the old "I'm a better fan than you" argument but criticising fans who paid to go yesterday when its possible you didn't go undermines yourself!)

Yes I agree wholeheartedly that booing your own teams not good but after that poor performance against a team who will probably be in the bottom 6 come the end of the season, combined with our winless run at this level stretching back to the Premier League campaign of two years ago when we amassed 21 pts and seeing fellow promoted clubs Watford and Brentford who finished below us in the Championship last season which we won by 6 clear points holding their own and looking  much more capable its perfectly understandable that fans who spend their money going to games should be getting rather tired of it all!

As for MOTD, yes Keown was harsh but sadly very true!

I love Farke for the 2 Championship winning campaigns and I believe he deserved a bit of slack for the last Premier League campaign cause the club tried to do it on the cheap and the injury list was horrendous but after going through a season like that and spending £50M this summer he should have learnt his lessons by now and things need to change quickly if he is too survive this!

6 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Who’s continually failed?

Kabak at fault for first goal - it’s his first game

Normann at fault for the second - it’s his first game

Mclean makes a mistake, they happen - could well be dropped

The team for losing to Watford - continually failing is just 450 minutes as a team is it? It’s not even that as we haven’t had a settled side yet this season

Farke as he’s the coach - won the championship twice so by your definition isn’t continually failing.

I get the frustrations, Im f***ing livid we lost to that carp team, but some people really are taking it too far 

Farke is a coach that has lost 15 premiership games on the trot..a record... Farke is a coach that has lost the 1st five games in a season..a record. Webber is a sporting director who failed miserably to recruit to a standard in his first season in the top flight, I see nothing to suggest its that much better this time. Our owners have consistently failed to keep us in the top flight. 4 relegations..a record.

All pretty damn depressingly failing to me...

13 hours ago, Yella Army said:

I have never booed my team and never ever will. You can be very upset and frustrated with the performance today but booing achieves nothing. It in fact makes matters worse imo.

Of course, it makes things worse! The idea that it improves anything is childish beyond belief.

Everybody was hugely disappointed but some grown men (it is them mainly) feel that they have to go into a hissy fit like a two year old child.

In my opinion they have lost the right to call themselves supporters, but are just customers, who the club would be better of without.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No, but our fans aren't f*cking future-tellers, they have absolutely no idea if our subs are going to work - they've barely seen Tzolis, how would they have a clue? 

And that's not even the point. Booing substitutions is beyond pathetic. "But Sargent was playing well". Yeah, he was, but guess what? He had ran himself into the ground and on several occasions was stretching out something - Farke has to consider the whole season whereas our genius fans who think they have the right to boo substitutions only look at the next 20 minutes.

Boo a performance all you like but booing substitutions like you're some football professor is complete rubbish.

I didn't boo the subs but I thought replacing Sargent was a stupid call. Digging out fans rather than the abject performance is not something I support and deflects from the likely hood of other poor top flight campaign. I listen to music as my main hobby, I criticise, hate, love albums but I am not Mozart. 

Always having at go at our fans is poor and "rubbish"

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Farke is a coach that has lost 15 premiership games on the trot..a record... Farke is a coach that has lost the 1st five games in a season..a record. Webber is a sporting director who failed miserably to recruit to a standard in his first season in the top flight, I see nothing to suggest its that much better this time. Our owners have consistently failed to keep us in the top flight. 4 relegations..a record.

All pretty damn depressingly failing to me...

Yeh, ignore the championship season, that doesn’t matter.

Ignore the disrupted pre season and numerous new signings that need time (as well as the opposition that we’ve faced), that’s not at all important.

Ignore the fact both Webber in his role 2 years ago and Farkes in his were new to it and learning on the job, and who have admitted the mistakes and already shown improvement (albeit in the championship).

Ignore the fact the new signings (that as you say are not suggesting it’ll be any better this time) have played less than a handful of games, and 2 made debuts yesterday.

Ignore the fact we still have a club to support because of the owners, and that we have a club to support that will continue to exist and at the top levels of the English league because of them.

You can ignore all that, overreact and be inpatient if you want. I don’t consider any of the team, coach’s, staff or owners to be consistently failing.

• Like 2

It's the fan's fault and the blame falls squarely at our feet......Not everyone brought their scarves to the party......Shambles.....Whatever the result at full-time we should all remain seated and applaud, smile and all cheer with exuberance and gusto, like a regimental North Korean rent-a-crowd.....

Those that have the infantile audacity to boo or show abject discontent and don't comply.....should be whisked away, never to be seen again....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I didn't boo the subs but I thought replacing Sargent was a stupid call. Digging out fans rather than the abject performance is not something I support and deflects from the likely hood of other poor top flight campaign. I listen to music as my main hobby, I criticise, hate, love albums but I am not Mozart. 

Always having at go at our fans is poor and "rubbish"

It speaks volumes that you thought replacing Sargent was a stupid call. He was absolutely shot and had been regularly stretching out something in his leg. He had ran himself into the ground and clearly risking injury too - if you couldn't see all of that then that's not Farkes fault,  is it?

15 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Yeh, ignore the championship season, that doesn’t matter.

Ignore the disrupted pre season and numerous new signings that need time (as well as the opposition that we’ve faced), that’s not at all important.

Ignore the fact both Webber in his role 2 years ago and Farkes in his were new to it and learning on the job, and who have admitted the mistakes and already shown improvement (albeit in the championship).

Ignore the fact the new signings (that as you say are not suggesting it’ll be any better this time) have played less than a handful of games, and 2 made debuts yesterday.

Ignore the fact we still have a club to support because of the owners, and that we have a club to support that will continue to exist and at the top levels of the English league because of them.

You can ignore all that, overreact and be inpatient if you want. I don’t consider any of the team, coach’s, staff or owners to be consistently failing.

You can ignore the past and present failings of our premiershio campaigns if you want. We are not in the championship.

Ignore the fact every other club has had disrupted preseasons and new players.

Shown improvement? Where? Defence? Attack? 

Do you think this side is better or will be better than the side with Buendia and skip?

Ignore the fact that without a Maddison sale we would have been in dire straits again and ignore their inability to find a model that works in the top flight.

If 15 games in the top flight is not consistently failing what is? If the same mistakes keep happening...

By the way one of those debuts replaced possibly our best defender at Arsenal and clearly wasn't  fit or up to it. Wrong call from Farke and just one of a number of suspect calls IMO this campaign so far...

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It speaks volumes that you thought replacing Sargent was a stupid call. He was absolutely shot and had been regularly stretching out something in his leg. He had ran himself into the ground and clearly risking injury too - if you couldn't see all of that then that's not Farkes fault,  is it?

Yeah sorry forgot only your opinion counts. Didn't think he looked shot at all. Gave us physical presence which we lost when he left the pitch. Who's fault is it that our strikers have scored 1 goal in open play in 5 matches..the fans?

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Yeah sorry forgot only your opinion counts. Didn't think he looked shot at all. Gave us physical presence which we lost when he left the pitch. Who's fault is it that our strikers have scored 1 goal in open play in 5 matches..the fans?

What are you on about? Fans fault for what? I only pointed out that booing subs is one of the most pathetic, lazy, uninformed things a fan can do. It doesn't mean anything is the fans fault, does it? So let's stop making things up just because your Sargent point is stupid. 

If you couldn't see that Sargent was shot then that's fine, but like I say Farke can't be blamed for you being football blind.

47 minutes ago, Badger said:

Of course, it makes things worse! The idea that it improves anything is childish beyond belief.

Everybody was hugely disappointed but some grown men (it is them mainly) feel that they have to go into a hissy fit like a two year old child.

In my opinion they have lost the right to call themselves supporters, but are just customers, who the club would be better of without.

The inevitable bout of pearl clutching by people on here after a bit of booing is hilarious. Maybe the theatre is more your thing if people expressing tbeir dissatisfaction is such an issue. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What are you on about? Fans fault for what? I only pointed out that booing subs is one of the most pathetic, lazy, uninformed things a fan can do. It doesn't mean anything is the fans fault, does it? So let's stop making things up just because your Sargent point is stupid. 

If you couldn't see that Sargent was shot then that's fine, but like I say Farke can't be blamed for you being football blind.

There was a post on here having a go at you and your constant badgering of the fans which I thought was poor and not called for but when your replies are as consistently antagonist as they are you can see why it happened.

Calling me people stupid doesn't make you right, a god like football genius or that intelligent. Give it a rest and grow up.

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I agree with that bit, but Sargent had definitely run his race for the afternoon. Perhaps Idah would have been a better substitution in terms of giving us that physical presence, but Sargent had run himself into the ground and, as Hoggy said, kept stretching something out.

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

The inevitable bout of pearl clutching by people on here after a bit of booing is hilarious. Maybe the theatre is more your thing if people expressing tbeir dissatisfaction is such an issue. 

Is it... spot on King!

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

There was a post on here having a go at you and your constant badgering of the fans which I thought was poor and not called for but when your replies are as consistently antagonist as they are you can see why it happened.

Calling me people stupid doesn't make you right, a god like football genius or that intelligent. Give it a rest and grow up.

But you don't need to be a football genius or even intelligent to see that Sargent was shot. I literally don't know what you expect someone to say when you decide or genuinely are that ignorant to a player being tired.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I agree with that bit, but Sargent had definitely run his race for the afternoon. Perhaps Idah would have been a better substitution in terms of giving us that physical presence, but Sargent had run himself into the ground and, as Hoggy said, kept stretching something out.

Maybe you are correct and maybe Idah would have been a better choice given the size and nature of Watford defence. I didn't see him stretching to be honest but if he was fair play..I do know that the subs seem to make us weaker and we lost all attacking threat. See a bit of civilised discussion... thats how you do it.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

Interesting side point. Wolves lost at home 2-0 to 10 men Brentford, newly promoted.

Their fans didn't boo substitutions and the booing at the end was far less and more subdued than our own. And Wolves fans are notorious for turning quick.

Like I've said previously,  booing at the end, whilst I wouldn't do it and don't think its warranted,  don't have a problem with it after that result and performance. What I'll never change my mind on is the idea that booing subs is anything other than moronic.

• Like 1

I love that booing a poor performance and result is considered “tinpot”, what Earth do you think happens at Anfield, Old Trafford etc when those teams lose winnable fixtures at home? The fans pay good money to see their team, we’re on a dire run of form in this league, this was a game against relegation rivals, the manager deserved to hear our displeasure. We’re too bloody nice and that’s part of the reason we roll over so easy in this league.

• Like 4

Just now, hogesar said:

But you don't need to be a football genius or even intelligent to see that Sargent was shot. I literally don't know what you expect someone to say when you decide or genuinely are that ignorant to a player 

I expect you to have civility and a bit of manners. Get some grace and learn how to converse with people that disagree with you in a decent manner otherwise your reputation will be justified. I didn't see him stretching or wanting to come off...we missed him when he left the field of play. The subs were ineffectual. Thanks 

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

I expect you to have civility and a bit of manners. Get some grace and learn how to converse with people that disagree with you in a decent manner otherwise your reputation will be justified. I didn't see him stretching or wanting to come off...we missed him when he left the field of play. The subs were ineffectual. Thanks 

I agree with you that the subs were ineffectual and we missed Sargent. Literally no problem with that at all.

But that doesn't mean subbing Sargent off was wrong - as I said he was shot. If you didn't see him looking tired or stretching then fine. But then accept it when I tell you he was stretching. Again, if you couldn't see he was tired that's fine but I'm not sure how you can argue that point with me if you couldn't even see him stretching, it begs how much you were watching!

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Interesting side point. Wolves lost at home 2-0 to 10 men Brentford, newly promoted.

Their fans didn't boo substitutions and the booing at the end was far less and more subdued than our own. And Wolves fans are notorious for turning quick.

Like I've said previously,  booing at the end, whilst I wouldn't do it and don't think its warranted,  don't have a problem with it after that result and performance. What I'll never change my mind on is the idea that booing subs is anything other than moronic.

I think we get the point that what irked you the most yesterday was a mild bit of booing. I fear for you if it ever gets to Colchester levels again...😜

18 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You can ignore the past and present failings of our premiershio campaigns if you want. We are not in the championship.

Ignore the fact every other club has had disrupted preseasons and new players.

Shown improvement? Where? Defence? Attack? 

Do you think this side is better or will be better than the side with Buendia and skip?

Ignore the fact that without a Maddison sale we would have been in dire straits again and ignore their inability to find a model that works in the top flight.

If 15 games in the top flight is not consistently failing what is? If the same mistakes keep happening...

By the way one of those debuts replaced possibly our best defender at Arsenal and clearly wasn't  fit or up to it. Wrong call from Farke and just one of a number of suspect calls IMO this campaign so far...

Haven’t ignored anything from the PL last time and was very vocal about it. Yesterday was unacceptable and my dissatisfaction shown but not by childish, cowardly booing.

Very few had the disrupted pre season we had. In PL round ups it was us and Newcastle that were mentioned as being the worst affected, not quite every other club.

The improvement in defence and philosophy was clearly there to see throughout the whole of last season. Even if you weren’t watching, have a look at the stats.

Buendia is a massive loss obviously but wanted to leave over a year ago. No blame on the club for getting him to stay to get us promoted and then using his sale to fund the numerous signings we now have.

Skipp isn’t pulling up any trees at Spurs and the pundits/fans of theirs aren’t expecting him to remain in the team. He had an excellent season in the championship - the very league you tell me to ignore and isn’t important!

It was the model that was set up that allowed the Maddison sale to happen. Invest in young talent, be self funded. Yes, again  mistakes were made but they brought in the right people to get us to where we are - living as well as possible within our means.

This 15 games stuff is getting boring. Different, unprepared team then as has been acknowledged. Judge on this team that we’re told is ready to establish itself. If it fails and continues to be as inept as yesterday, I’ll be criticising as loudly as anybody.

Good ol hindsight. Kabak wasn’t ‘clearly not fit’ and that’s purely a reaction to the loss talking. He looked good at bringing the ball out of defence and is a strong presence. Costly mistake but when exactly should be be brought into the team? Obviously seen as potential first choice and with PL experience, wasn’t at all a suspect call.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I agree with you that the subs were ineffectual and we missed Sargent. Literally no problem with that at all.

But that doesn't mean subbing Sargent off was wrong - as I said he was shot. If you didn't see him looking tired or stretching then fine. But then accept it when I tell you he was stretching. Again, if you couldn't see he was tired that's fine but I'm not sure how you can argue that point with me if you couldn't even see him stretching, it begs how much you were watching!

Accept what you say? I accepted from someone who didn't call me stupid straight off and there you go again "it begs" and the little digs. For example there are 22 players on the pitch, I may have been looking at where the ball was and not following one player around the pitch. Seems numerous others round me found the substitution wrong but maybe they are stupid too... maybe we thought the booing was pretty light and of no consequence.

I always listen to those that put their point in a non condensing way.. try it who knows I may pay more attention to you. 🙂

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

I am an active  theatre goer (well pre-pandemic and hopefully again soon). Many people express their dissatisfaction at some performances, myself included. I was certainly dissatisfied with the result yesterday as well.

I can't imagine that booing a theatrical performance will make the actors or script any better so think that booing at the theatre would be as childish as it is to boo the team you claim to support.

I suspect it is those that can't control their emotions at a football match that should consider their spending patterns rather than myself. If they chose to become customers of Liverpool and Manchester City they are likely to win more often and they might feel that this is a better investment of their time and certainly better for genuine supporters.

16 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Haven’t ignored anything from the PL last time and was very vocal about it. Yesterday was unacceptable and my dissatisfaction shown but not by childish, cowardly booing.

Very few had the disrupted pre season we had. In PL round ups it was us and Newcastle that were mentioned as being the worst affected, not quite every other club.

The improvement in defence and philosophy was clearly there to see throughout the whole of last season. Even if you weren’t watching, have a look at the stats.

Buendia is a massive loss obviously but wanted to leave over a year ago. No blame on the club for getting him to stay to get us promoted and then using his sale to fund the numerous signings we now have.

Skipp isn’t pulling up any trees at Spurs and the pundits/fans of theirs aren’t expecting him to remain in the team. He had an excellent season in the championship - the very league you tell me to ignore and isn’t important!

It was the model that was set up that allowed the Maddison sale to happen. Invest in young talent, be self funded. Yes, again  mistakes were made but they brought in the right people to get us to where we are - living as well as possible within our means.

This 15 games stuff is getting boring. Different, unprepared team then as has been acknowledged. Judge on this team that we’re told is ready to establish itself. If it fails and continues to be as inept as yesterday, I’ll be criticising as loudly as anybody.

Good ol hindsight. Kabak wasn’t ‘clearly not fit’ and that’s purely a reaction to the loss talking. He looked good at bringing the ball out of defence and is a strong presence. Costly mistake but when exactly should be be brought into the team? Obviously seen as potential first choice and with PL experience, wasn’t at all a suspect call.

Never booed didn't say I did. Pointless arguing about it. Seems a deflection from the real issues.

Was going to reply to the rest but lost all interest..lets just agree to disagree

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Never booed didn't say I did. Pointless arguing about it. Seems a deflection from the real issues.

Was going to reply to the rest but lost all interest..lets just agree to disagree

Fair enough, agree to disagree.

Though I didn’t actually accuse you of booing - just saying I didn’t as this is the topic of the thread! No deflection at all as I fully answered all your points

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

I am an active  theatre goer (well pre-pandemic and hopefully again soon). Many people express their dissatisfaction at some performances, myself included. I was certainly dissatisfied with the result yesterday as well.

I can't imagine that booing a theatrical performance will make the actors or script any better so think that booing at the theatre would be as childish as it is to boo the team you claim to support.

I suspect it is those that can't control their emotions at a football match that should consider their spending patterns rather than myself. If they chose to become customers of Liverpool and Manchester City they are likely to win more often and they might feel that this is a better investment of their time and certainly better for genuine supporters.

'These over emotional oiks have offended my delicate sensibilities by booing, I think they should rethink if they are proper supporters like me.' 

Following a football club is rooted in emotions. Expecting fans to be fully rational and do a cost benefit analysis of if their reaction is going to help longer term is unrealistic. 

I bet you the players have heard significantly worse than a bit of booing after an abject performance. People who claim their objection to it is based on players feelings are just trying to hide its their own delicate feelings that have been hurt. As I said, performative pearl clutching at its finest.