lake district canary

Booing is and always will be tin-pot

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It never used to be like that.  I know the new world is a place where people vent their feelings openly, but booing, for me is still a last resort.  Maybe I should have just started the thread with the question "Is booing acceptable so early in the season" or something similar.

Or just get an hobby to fill you're Saturday evenings.

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

**** off Lakey.  Booing has always been the way, it's just when that matters.  I remember plenty of games in 70's and 80's where the Carra rang with boos at end of match. 

I agree that during the match you get behind the team at all times, and never pick on individuals unless they've shown dissent towards the crowd.  But "It never used to be like that."  What ****.

Fans used to throw sharpened coins at each other to try and blind people, so I'm sure they would have a boo now again, Lakey is just a fool. 

44 minutes ago, Petriix said:

They got my support until the second Watford goal, then I lost my Sh*t. Normann's abject failure to track his man was simply unacceptable to me when I'd put my hopes on him being the CDM we needed to steady the ship. There very little to support on the pitch by the end of the match. Then the realisation that we'd been resoundingly beaten in our easiest fixture of the season made it pretty hard not to let those frustrations out.

Totally agree. I couldn’t understand why Normann didn’t even attempt to run across to stop the cross from coming in, he just sort of dithered back half heartedly in a straight line, covering nowhere, and then looked shocked when the ball ended up in the back of the net? Very bizarre, I’m not sure if he could’ve completely stopped the cross, but he certainly could’ve closed the angles somewhat.

And agreed we totally crumbled after that third goal went in, we couldn’t formulate any kind of threatening attack and continued to totally calamitous at the back. Was like the players were in shock.

You condemn the booing at the end, but not the booing of the taking of the knee. One was a reflection of a performance, the other a lack of support for the players supporting their views, I would think the players were more concerned with the booing of the taking of the knee.

For what it’s worth I don’t boo and have supported Farke 100% throughout his reign, however even I had to say for the first time that performance put pressure on Farke and where we go from here. I remember you once telling us the performance does not matter purely the result. I think we are fast approaching a stage where we have to choose, do we enjoy seeing exciting young players coming through the ranks, or do we want a manager like Dyche and play the way of Burnley, Palace etc. Just like fans from the likes of Charlton and WBA, would we then boo 1:0 wins as they were boring ?

31 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It never used to be like that.  I know the new world is a place where people vent their feelings openly, but booing, for me is still a last resort.  Maybe I should have just started the thread with the question "Is booing acceptable so early in the season" or something similar.

It’s always been like that and Norwich fans are very placid compared to most. You just don’t watch many matches live at stadiums. 

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No they used to protest and  Smash the windows on the Front of the main entrance at Carrow road ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s always been like that and Norwich fans are very placid compared to most. You just don’t watch many matches live at stadiums. 

Indeed

Lambert and Houghton alone got loads of abuse from Villa, Ipswich, Stoke, Brighton and Forest fans.

The cushions were always the best, but I think they were always aimed at the referee, I can’t remember them being thrown in a protest.

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Just keep clapping then. Accepting defeat after defeat and abject performance after abject performance

If we'd seen abject performance after abject performance then there might be something to discuss but we've seen nothing of the sort.............;..

Plenty of space at Portman Road nowadays - you'd fit right in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Accept I don't go to CR much, but when I did, as i used to, I would have said the same thing. Booing should be a last resort, not a first resort. 

"Booing is and always will be tin-pot"

"Booing should be a last resort"

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

"Booing is and always will be tin-pot"

"Booing should be a last resort"

Yawn. Yes. To both. I've never booed us in my life and never understood it and to me it always appeared to be tin-pot, even if things are were getting dire - for me the way to react when things are dire would be to show support - but if there is a justification for booing then yes, as a last resort....but to me it would still seem a bit tin-pot.

45 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fans used to throw sharpened coins at each other to try and blind people, so I'm sure they would have a boo now again, Lakey is just a fool. 

They were not fans, they were just thugs.

I accept booing used to happen sometimes, but not so readily as it happens now. 

43 minutes ago, Well b back said:

think we are fast approaching a stage where we have to choose, do we enjoy seeing exciting young players coming through the ranks, or do we want a manager like Dyche and play the way of Burnley, Palace etc. Just like fans from the likes of Charlton and WBA, would we then boo 1:0 wins as they were boring ?

Urgh!!! Why do so many people think these are the only two styles of football we're allowed to play????? 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

How else do you show displeasure?

With something a little bit more constructive than sounding like brain dead cattle 

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Accepting failure is tinpot.

Lil 'ole Norwich syndrome strikes again.

Booing a championship winning team who are having a fairly predictably tough start to a premiership campaign is the epitome of the real little ole Norwich mentality. 

I dont think you can really criticise booing at the end (not that I did), for me the embarrassing part was those booing substitutions. Thats the cringey part that really stinks of those in the crowd thinking they're a world class fuxking coach

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yawn. Yes. To both. I've never booed us in my life and never understood it and to me it always appeared to be tin-pot, even if things are were getting dire - for me the way to react when things are dire would be to show support - but if there is a justification for booing then yes, as a last resort....but to me it would still seem a bit tin-pot.

So you're the one to decide when it's a last resort and when people are allowed to boo,

Cool, got it.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Was going to add to that title, but it sums it up for me.  Booing a team when they are struggling, booing a manager when he is trying to get the best out of his team and new players at the start of a campaign....just tin pot. 

I'd have thrown a pot of p!ss if I had some, is that tinpot

3 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Do you reckon Farke thought we were pleased with that performance? 

He asked for support, the worse you perform, the more support you need-for the sake of the club. 

Instead when it goes wrong we react like spoiled kids upset with our expensive Christmas presents. 

That isn't an answer. You answered a question with another.

If the team plays badly, at home, against a supposed relegation rival, the coach makes some strange substitutions and the team give up completely with the third goal, how do you show your displeasure?

His call for support should have been heeded by the players. But now it seems fashionable, and by your reply, justified, for coaches to criticise supporters.  Most of whom came before and will last long after.

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That isn't an answer. You answered a question with another.

If the team plays badly, at home, against a supposed relegation rival, the coach makes some strange substitutions and the team give up completely with the third goal, how do you show your displeasure?

His call for support should have been heeded by the players. But now it seems fashionable, and by your reply, justified, for coaches to criticise supporters.  Most of whom came before and will last long after.

Sorry to answer with another question. 

Your young child is in a school play and messes up badly. Do you stand up and hurl abuse at them, hoping this will make things better? 

Farke wasn't criticising the supporters. He was asking them to get behind a team whose confidence was low. It worked with Pukki's goal. Nobody involved needed telling that the defending was not acceptable, especially not in such a childish manner. I would imagine the long standing supporters would be aware of the damage this can do. 

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Was going to add to that title, but it sums it up for me.  Booing a team when they are struggling, booing a manager when he is trying to get the best out of his team and new players at the start of a campaign....just tin pot. 

So you found the performance and result against Watford acceptable? I think the team, management and owners need to own up to 15 straight losses in the top flight.. that is proper tin pot.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

I dont think you can really criticise booing at the end (not that I did), for me the embarrassing part was those booing substitutions. Thats the cringey part that really stinks of those in the crowd thinking they're a world class fuxking coach

Did you think the subs worked? 

29 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Your young child is in a school play and messes up badly. Do you stand up and hurl abuse at them, hoping this will make things better? 

Farke wasn't criticising the supporters. He was asking them to get behind a team whose confidence was low. It worked with Pukki's goal. Nobody involved needed telling that the defending was not acceptable, especially not in such a childish manner. I would imagine the long standing supporters would be aware of the damage this can do. 

In your job if you continually failed at the level you found yourself what would happen?

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Which ever ones of us paid to support the team today were badly let down. When you feel let down by the team performance or the managers inability to get more from his players despite a full week of training and preparation then you are likely to vent your frustration by booing. It is the universal way, the only way for a mass crowd to show displeasure without violence. 

I'm all for booing, the club need to realise we are some of the best supporters in the country and we deserve better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Crowds have shown displeasure through booing throughout history, with the first written record of it in ancient Greece. At the Festival of Dionysia in Athens, the crowd would participate to vote on which tragedy they liked best, using shouts and whistles for plays that stunk. It was considered a civic duty to participate.

So it has 'been like that' for several thousand years.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

In your job if you continually failed at the level you found yourself what would happen?

Who’s continually failed?

Kabak at fault for first goal - it’s his first game

Normann at fault for the second - it’s his first game

Mclean makes a mistake, they happen - could well be dropped

The team for losing to Watford - continually failing is just 450 minutes as a team is it? It’s not even that as we haven’t had a settled side yet this season

Farke as he’s the coach - won the championship twice so by your definition isn’t continually failing.

I get the frustrations, Im f***ing livid we lost to that carp team, but some people really are taking it too far 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tumbleweed said:

booing isn't nice for us but maybe Webber, Farke and co will buck their ideas up because it won't be nice for them either......

Thank god all the booers were there to remind Webber and Farke we didn’t play well today and to ‘buck their ideas up’ 😂🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

If we'd seen abject performance after abject performance then there might be something to discuss but we've seen nothing of the sort.............;..

Plenty of space at Portman Road nowadays - you'd fit right in.

You seem to believe that what we are being served up is ok, how about you go to Portman Road

7 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Oh 100%, the kid's got to learn..... 👍

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You seem to believe that what we are being served up is ok, how about you go to Portman Road

Well your perception both of our games and this message board seems completely skewed - I said that we hadn't seen abject performance after abject performance.

How you translate that into me believing that what we have seen is OK only you would know - perhaps English is your second, or third, language?