lake district canary

Booing is and always will be tin-pot

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Said from ****ing Cumbria. **** off.

FYI I'm not in Cumbria at the moment.  Anyhow, it doesn't matter where you are as a supporter, you still support and whether you are in Norwich or in Timbuktu, booing is not showing support.

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

You weren't there Mr Lake District presumably so let me clarify what happened. The fans responded to Herr Farke's rallying call (sorry 'rant') yesterday by displaying a seal of yellow and green all round the ground. Thundering rendition of OTBC at kick off. When Watford scored first was there any jeering / booing? No - fans remained right behind the team and most rose to give a healthy, standing ovation at half time in recognition of an entertaining (and feisty) first half. When    

Watford second and third goals went in - guess what still no booing. Only booing was when Normann was subbed and at he final whistle. Not one single player was 'got at', jeered, ridiculed or anything. Hopefully that's set the record straight for you. The blame for today cannot be stacked at the door of the fans but at the team who made basic mistakes in defending and at the door of our much vaunted 'Head Coach' who simply cannot drill the art of defending into whatever team he fields in this league. 

• Like 2

Was waiting for the controversial Lakey thread to stoke the fires, wasn’t expecting this angle.

The result and display deserved it. Whether you consider the players, coaching staff or board at fault is irrelevant. 

Just now, shefcanary said:

The crowd didn't boo in the match (well apart from the substitution).  It was a good old fashioned mass boo at the final whistle.  If the players had walked off to total silence, I'd think that would have unnerved them more.  At least this way you'd hope they will do their damnedest to react.

Trust me these guys are sporting professionals who are competitive and thrive off success. They don't need fans to boo them off to get them to react... they will be hurting just as much as we are right now

2 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Booing the players taking the knee ( mostly from the snake pit ) is even worse

but being told by someone who rarely goes to carrow rd  what to do really sucks

Accept I don't go to CR much, but when I did, as i used to, I would have said the same thing. Booing should be a last resort, not a first resort. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

FYI I'm not in Cumbria at the moment.  Anyhow, it doesn't matter where you are as a supporter, you still support and whether you are in Norwich or in Timbuktu, booing is not showing support.

The booing was after the ****ing match!  The crowd supported during the match.   Afterwards is a valid way of showing the players the fans care enough that they want a better all round performance.  Caring that much is good surely?

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Was waiting for the controversial Lakey thread to stoke the fires, wasn’t expecting this angle.

The result and display deserved it. Whether you consider the players, coaching staff or board at fault is irrelevant. 

Its not controversial, its a wind up - He is and always has been a subtle WUM/Troll

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

They certainly got off lightly 2 seasons ago after the covid restart as those 10 defeats in a row were deplorable.

I'd count them , coaching staff included ,to be one of the luckier teams to be relegated because there were no fans inside the stadium to vent their anger after some of those performances.

I'm thinking particularly the home games vs Brighton , Burnley and particularly the disgrace that was the day we got relegated 0-4 vs West Ham.

Fans wont put up with that sort of run again this time round...and this time are there to make their feelings known

Agree with every single word. As you say, now fans are back in stadiums they wont just simply .........'pay up, turn up and shut up' this time round.  The club have opened their cheque book (for once) and if it all unravels really badly (as it might) then Farke and Webber have to take the blame. 

At the end of the day, whilst rewarding and temporarily satisfying for the booer, booing won't work.

What we need is the return of the cushion chuckers?

That usually does the trick

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You weren't at Carrow Road so didn't see a fanbase give their team the great atmosphere they were asked to provide.

You didn't hear them get on their feet to rouse them after a team that hadn't scored in 270 minutes managed to get one after just 20.

If those fans then decide to boo after at utterly dreadful second half performance that featured defending that I'd be embarrassed to see from my Under 9s, then who the flying **** is anyone to question their support?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Its not controversial, its a wind up - He is and always has been a subtle WUM/Troll

Turn it up. Look at those posts on here that agree with me.  It's a valid discussion.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Turn it up. Look at those posts on here that agree with me.  It's a valid discussion.

You know exactly what you're doing, its your Saturday evening 'stirring the pot' thread.

Your thread isn't productive, its to incite conflict.

Edited by CDMullins

9 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

At the end of the day, whilst rewarding and temporarily satisfying for the booer, booing won't work.

What we need is the return of the cushion chuckers?

That usually does the trick

Are now we are talking!!! Bring back the good old cushions 😂

They got my support until the second Watford goal, then I lost my Sh*t. Normann's abject failure to track his man was simply unacceptable to me when I'd put my hopes on him being the CDM we needed to steady the ship. There very little to support on the pitch by the end of the match. Then the realisation that we'd been resoundingly beaten in our easiest fixture of the season made it pretty hard not to let those frustrations out.

We’d probably do ok in a Prem without the European Super League protagonists- top 26 deffo. 
unfortunately we are just **** at the moment 

we’ve been **** before…

Still, we could all be millionaires Rodders 

Played - 38

Won - 0

Drawn - 0

Lost - 38

Pant Wetting - Eek!!!

Hope we have at least 7 on the board in February 😬

If you’ve paid good cash you can cheer when the team’s performed and let your feelings known when they are crap. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

32 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Criticism is absolutely justified, but booing is just ridiculous

So at the end of the game after a pitiful performance like that how are you supposed to criticise in order that your criticism is heard ? Do you send the club an e-mail or take to social media, no Lakey you vent your criticism by booing.

15 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

You know exactly what you're doing, its your Saturday evening 'stirring the pot' thread.

Your thread isn't productive, its to incite conflict.

Nope, its' to incite discussion - it's what a football forum is for. If you look through this thread, you will see views from both sides of the argument. It seems some people only like discussing things they agree with........but we've been here before, haven't we.....

I have to say I was a little taken aback by how generous the applause was after the Arsenal game last week after what was an 'ok' performance.

..if the team has played well , they'll get the plaudits .. if they play badly ..or lose to a team they should have at least be avoiding defeat to, people will let them know too 

I dont think it could be fairer than that

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

58 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Was going to add to that title, but it sums it up for me.  Booing a team when they are struggling, booing a manager when he is trying to get the best out of his team and new players at the start of a campaign....just tin pot. 

Personally did not boo.......but...........if supporters feel they wish to vent by booing then that is their right............

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Nope, its' to incite discussion - it's what a football forum is for. If you look through this thread, you will see views from both sides of the argument. It seems some people only like discussing things they agree with........but we've been here before, haven't we.....

Some fans on here have witnessed our last 15 matches at this level and have every right to do as they wish. Imagine being someone who’s watched them all live! It must hurt. 

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

So at the end of the game after a pitiful performance like that how are you supposed to criticise in order that your criticism is heard ? Do you send the club an e-mail or take to social media, no Lakey you vent your criticism by booing.

It never used to be like that.  I know the new world is a place where people vent their feelings openly, but booing, for me is still a last resort.  Maybe I should have just started the thread with the question "Is booing acceptable so early in the season" or something similar.

51 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

See Keelan'sgrandad response above.  Just how do we show displeasure?

One idea is to leave early, lots of people doing that does send a message. Comes with risks though, ask the thousands who missed the 4-4 Middlesbrough comeback (and a super rare Adam Drury goal!)

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Person who wasn't at the game telling paying customers what they should do? Jog on. 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It never used to be like that.  I know the new world is a place where people vent their feelings openly, but booing, for me is still a last resort.  Maybe I should have just started the thread with the question "Is booing acceptable so early in the season" or something similar.

**** off Lakey.  Booing has always been the way, it's just when that matters.  I remember plenty of games in 70's and 80's where the Carra rang with boos at end of match. 

I agree that during the match you get behind the team at all times, and never pick on individuals unless they've shown dissent towards the crowd.  But "It never used to be like that."  What ****.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What on earth do you mean it never used to be like that ? Always has been and always will be a game where booing takes place as a way of expressing displeasure at what is being dished up before your eyes.

• Thanks 1