lake district canary

Booing is and always will be tin-pot

Was going to add to that title, but it sums it up for me.  Booing a team when they are struggling, booing a manager when he is trying to get the best out of his team and new players at the start of a campaign....just tin pot. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Was going to add to that title, but it sums it up for me.  Booing a team when they are struggling, booing a manager when he is trying to get the best out of his team and new players at the start of a campaign....just tin pot. 

Just keep clapping then. Accepting defeat after defeat and abject performance after abject performance

Edited by Dr Greenthumb
  • Like 1

I'll bite.  The fans were chastised before the match, they gave it their best, but were let down by an abysmal defensive performance.  They've paid good money, supported as much as they could, but been let down.  They have every right to express their displeasure.  I'm a relatively "happy clapper" but I would certainly have booed today.  

Not good enough, something has to change, if booing achieves that (hopefully it will) its justified 

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Farke and the players got off lightly. They are making the club a national laughing stock. They deserve every impassioned anger filled boo they get. As does this thread. So this ones for you Lakey. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Failing to open all the turnstiles and making fans queue is tin pot.

Don't like to hear it, but that performance deserved a reaction it got.

• Like 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

I'll bite.  The fans were chastised before the match, they gave it their best, but were let down by an abysmal defensive performance.  They've paid good money, supported as much as they could, but been let down.  They have every right to express their displeasure.  I'm a relatively "happy clapper" but I would certainly have booked today.  

Not good enough, something has to change, if booing achieves that (hopefully it will) its justified 

THE song is always the same!!  poor defense

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

How else do you show displeasure?

I have never booed my team and never ever will. You can be very upset and frustrated with the performance today but booing achieves nothing. It in fact makes matters worse imo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

I'll bite.  The fans were chastised before the match, they gave it their best, but were let down by an abysmal defensive performance.  They've paid good money, supported as much as they could, but been let down.  They have every right to express their displeasure.  I'm a relatively "happy clapper" but I would certainly have booked today.  

Yep 👍 I didn’t boo personally but certainly don’t blame anyone who did. Shambolic performance at times. 

The players were far below the standard required today and of course every single one already knew it, I seriously doubt the booing was here nor there to them.

Also what would you expect the crowd to do LDC? A standing ovation? Could you imagine anything more tinpot!

Just now, Yella Army said:

I have never booed my team and never ever will. You can be very upset and frustrated with the performance today but booing achieves nothing. It in fact makes matters worse imo.

See Keelan'sgrandad response above.  Just how do we show displeasure?

Booing is part & parcel of being a football supporter.

Every football supporter has booed when the performance deserves it.

Today deserved it

Well, the performance was terrible and this season has started in the worst possible way. Maybe not the best way to vent your frustration,  true... But I am sick of it...and so are many many others. I wouldn't boo myself, but I wouldn't have stayed till the end, which I normally always do. They deserve the criticism they're getting. There is nothing positive to take out of this, nothing

For me you don't need to show displeasure. You show support, even in tough times. 

People call fans happy clappers when they don't shout about the tough times but I disagree. The happy clappers for me are the ones that only sing when their team is performing/winning. 

All of us fans are frustrated with the poor level of performance today but its time to back the team and dust ourselves off and go again Tuesday and next sats. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes let’s clap clap clap 👏🏻

9 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Farke and the players got off lightly. They are making the club a national laughing stock. They deserve every impassioned anger filled boo they get. As does this thread. So this ones for you Lakey. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

They certainly got off lightly 2 seasons ago after the covid restart as those 10 defeats in a row were deplorable.

I'd count them , coaching staff included ,to be one of the luckier teams to be relegated because there were no fans inside the stadium to vent their anger after some of those performances.

I'm thinking particularly the home games vs Brighton , Burnley and particularly the disgrace that was the day we got relegated 0-4 vs West Ham.

Fans wont put up with that sort of run again this time round...and this time are there to make their feelings known

• Like 2

Accepting failure is tinpot.

Lil 'ole Norwich syndrome strikes again.

Edited by CDMullins

5 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

2 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Well, the performance was terrible and this season has started in the worst possible way. Maybe not the best way to vent your frustration,  true... But I am sick of it...and so are many many others. I wouldn't boo myself, but I wouldn't have stayed till the end, which I normally always do. They deserve the criticism they're getting. There is nothing positive to take out of this, nothing

These are my sentiments. Criticism is absolutely justified, but booing is just ridiculous in the fifth game of the season when you are trying to get a team sorted, with a disrupted pre-season, the nature of the first four fixtures and new players who have had just one week's training with the squad.  Anger, frustration, disappointment, I accept that is going to happen, but booing is in my book a last resort......but it seems these days as if it is the first resort.   Shame, really.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How else do you show displeasure?

Do you reckon Farke thought we were pleased with that performance? 

He asked for support, the worse you perform, the more support you need-for the sake of the club. 

Instead when it goes wrong we react like spoiled kids upset with our expensive Christmas presents. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Those are all just excuses LDC. There will always be an excuse. 15 excuses in a row in the PL and counting. Does no other team have any issues? We should demand better, booing isn't nice for us but maybe Webber, Farke and co will buck their ideas up because it won't be nice for them either......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You weren't there Mr Lake District presumably so let me clarify what happened. The fans responded to Herr Farke's rallying call (sorry 'rant') yesterday by displaying a seal of yellow and green all round the ground. Thundering rendition of OTBC at kick off. When Watford scored first was there any jeering / booing? No - fans remained right behind the team and most rose to give a healthy, standing ovation at half time in recognition of an entertaining (and feisty) first half. When    

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Said from ****ing Cumbria. **** off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

People call fans happy clappers when they don't shout about the tough times but I disagree. The happy clappers for me are the ones that only sing when their team is performing/winning.

Never a truer word spoken 👍

Not booing doesn’t mean endorsing a standing ovation, as has been ridiculously suggested.

• Like 2

Booing the players taking the knee ( mostly from the snake pit ) is even worse 

but being told by someone who rarely goes to carrow rd  what to do really sucks

Edited by city4eva
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

For me you don't need to show displeasure. You show support, even in tough times. 

All of us fans are frustrated with the poor level of performance today but its time to back the team and dust ourselves off and go again Tuesday and next sats. 

The crowd didn't boo in the match (well apart from the substitution).  It was a good old fashioned mass boo at the final whistle.  If the players had walked off to total silence, I'd think that would have unnerved them more.  At least this way you'd hope they will do their damnedest to react.