Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

How many games before we change manager?

I really want Farke to succeed with us and to remain. But I just can't see us getting more than 20 points, under him all season. What happens if we get to 10 games without a point let alone 3 should he go then? 

We need to capitalise on what we've spent and achieved last season and build on staying up and further. Atm just can't see it happening. If we get to 10 games we're a quarter of the way through and we could be adrift by then. 

I'll give him to game 12 to be within touching distance of 16th. 

He should go today if survival is the priority. Which for the good of the club it absolutely should be. Unfortunately our board are such sentimental **** cats that we could lose all 38 games (which is a genuine possibility) and they still wouldn't sack him.

All the best. Keith.

Everton away...then Burnley away.

He's got to come up with something to stop the rot.

Surely no manager survives losing their first 7 matches of a season?. If somehow he has , the following game , Brighton (h) will be a fraught atmosphere and one that would surely break any camels back.

The sad thing is after 8 games the damage will have already been done and it would be too late to retrieve.

i do not think Farke is good enough for some reason in the PL 

But i think after all He had done at the club  you have to give him 10 Games 

I said in another thread 10 games, but with how dismal we've been I really want to see us make a change sooner rather than later to stop the rot. Losing 5 games to start the season no matter who the opposition are is abysmal and I have really lost faith in this team.

In a perfect world Farke can turn this around and get us really firing but I really doubt his ability to manage at this level at this point.

The players have stopped listening to Farke. Most of them owe him a great deal but, they have stopped listening. 

When this happens the manager is totally hobbled. 

Trouble is he has a 4 year contract so I can't see us being able to afford to sack him and then award someone like Eddie Howe with an equivalent contract.

If we are relegated then Farke has to go, don't want him here with us in the Championship again.

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Surely no manager survives losing their first 7 matches of a season?

The sad thing is after 8 games the damage will have already been done and it would be too late to retrieve.

Burnley had to wait until their 8th game last season before they finally picked up a win, which then led to a good patch of results mid season. So no, it isn’t true that it would be too late to retrieve - as Burnley indeed have proved themselves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Burnley had to wait until their 8th game last season before they finally picked up a win, which then led to a good patch of results mid season. So no, it isn’t true that it would be too late to retrieve - as Burnley indeed have proved themselves.

Did they lose their first 7?

If we pick up a point in either/each of our next 2 games at Everton and Burnley...and show signs that we're in some way capable of not losing football matches in this league ,then yes, we may be on the right track

...but if we lose them both making it 7 defeats in a row, exactly how many more games do we risk it carrying on for?

10 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

The players have stopped listening to Farke. Most of them owe him a great deal but, they have stopped listening. 

When this happens the manager is totally hobbled. 

How exactly do you know this? Because we have lost? No wait, I understand, because "it's obvious", that's it isn't it?

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If we are relegated then Farke has to go, don't want him here with us in the Championship again.

Because his record is so bad in the Championship?

Don't get me wrong, we're doing badly but a change is only useful if it's for the better. I doubt it would be. (This is where people reply it couldn't get any worse. Actually, yes, yes it could. Much worse).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

How exactly do you know this? Because we have lost? No wait, I understand, because "it's obvious", that's it isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, we're doing badly but a change is only useful if it's for the better. I doubt it would be. (This is where people reply it couldn't get any worse. Actually, yes, yes it could. Much worse).

Because he isn't capable of keeping us in the Premier League, or doesn't appear to be at this moment in time, so we'll (Webber) will need to find someone who can.

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Did they lose their first 7?

If we pick up a point in either/each of our next 2 games at Everton and Burnley...and show signs that we're in some way capable of not losing football matches in this league ,then yes, we may be on the right track

...but if we lose them both making it 7 defeats in a row, exactly how many more games do we risk it carrying on for?

Have we already lost our first 7 then?

The point remains that it proved that it was not too late to be retrieved.

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Have we already lost our first 7 then?

The point remains that it proved that it was not too late to be retrieved.

We talking about 7 games because youve quoted Burnley as having to wait until their 8th game to win their first game?...were we not?

I've asked the question as to whether they lost all of their first 7 because I genuinely dont know?...if they got i.e 5 draws from their first 7 it puts a rather different slant on it , doesnt it?

...not sure as to why the sarcastic answer

It's potentially just 3 really, isn't it? Lose the next two and we're on a run of 7, then lose at home to Brighton and it's patent that we're down. 0 points after over 20% of the season is inexcusably bad.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It's potentially just 3 really, isn't it? Lose the next two and we're on a run of 7, then lose at home to Brighton and it's patent that we're down. 0 points after over 20% of the season is inexcusably bad.

Chelsea away after Brighton  😕

44 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Yes But it could Be a Lambert moment when a manager takes us up and keeps us here 

Farke has Proved it is Easier to win the Championship and go up with us Than keep us in the PL 

What Farke has Proved last time he could not keep us up ( ok he was not backed with signings )

this time he has been backed and he has lost every game without looking like winning 

what i would add  Watford / Brentford take points off the teams we have lost to so there is not reason why we can not 

Brentford already have Beaten Arsenal 

The worry is are some of the players careers going backwards? Players like Aarons and Cantwell,prized assets who could be losing value quicker than a Vauxhall Vectra.

Farke will not be sacked any time soon, recently signed new 4 year contract.  We just cannot afford to pay off Farke and his coaching staff.  

1 minute ago, pete said:

Farke will not be sacked any time soon, recently signed new 4 year contract.  We just cannot afford to pay off Farke and his coaching staff.  

Can we afford relegation?...or should we do something to try to avoid it, when there's still enough time.

Can any manager survive losing their first say 8 games of a season?...becuase thats potentially 'soon'

3 hours ago, Sjb said:

I really want Farke to succeed with us and to remain. But I just can't see us getting more than 20 points, under him all season. What happens if we get to 10 games without a point let alone 3 should he go then? 

We need to capitalise on what we've spent and achieved last season and build on staying up and further. Atm just can't see it happening. If we get to 10 games we're a quarter of the way through and we could be adrift by then. 

I'll give him to game 12 to be within touching distance of 16th. 

We ain't surviving. You can hope we will get this many points by that many games but it's September and we are already down.

Sorry Farke I like you but please admit you are not capable in the top league and go

13 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Because the players keep making the same errors, keep switching off and keep conceding the same way. 

Farke MUST be coaching against this. The players are not listening. 

Perhaps they don't believe in the approach at EPL level? 

Playing out from the back every time is predictable at this level and invites pressure and inevitably costly mistakes. It maintains control and possession at Championship level unless pressed by more physical sides eg Watford last season. 

Every Premier League team can counter this. Farke must be aware of this. We finally have the very impressive Normann in front of the back four.

Webber said that he sent his head coach into battle without a gun last time around. We should give Farke the chance to get his weapons in a row. After that is in place we can better judge him.

2 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Webber said that he sent his head coach into battle without a gun last time around. We should give Farke the chance to get his weapons in a row. After that is in place we can better judge him.

He did worse than that this time. He sold our best player, the guy who made the entire team tick. A risky move, almost unprecedented in PL history for a promoted team, and one that should not escape scrutiny. 

Farke clearly deserves some criticism, but let's not pretend it's all his fault. The team looks weaker than the one that got promoted. That part is squarely on the shoulders of our sporting director.