Cantiaci Canary

What future do you predict?

A. We survive in the Prem with Farke still in the hot seat.

B. We survive in the Prem but without Farke by the end.

C. We get relegated and Farke leads us to promotion the following season.

D. We get relegated and Farke fails to win promotion in the following season but remains in place at least at the start of that campaign.

E. We get relegated and Farke, for whatever reason isn't here to launch the new Championship campaign. We win promotion in the following season.

F. We get relegated and Farke, for whatever reason isn't here to launch the new Championship campaign. We fail to win promotion in the following season.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

Oof, that's a tough one. In all honesty, I'd say that we're more likely to go down than stay up right now, but I think Farke will probably be here at the end of the season. 

If I had to guess, I'd go C. I think Farke would stay if we went down and I think we'd have a good shot at going back up.

The problem with C is, if we got promoted would anyone really be genuinely excited at the prospect of a 3rd Farke Premier campaign after 2 failures? Really??? 

if we get relegated... not sure what the team will be like. Obviously Normann, Kabak, Gilmour, Williams wont be here. not sure Sargent, Tzolis, Rashica would be up for second division football if they have a choice about it. Omo could be sold in the summer, if he gets more game time and continues to impress for club and country. Aarons might have had enough at that point. 

So... either A, B, F

20 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The problem with C is, if we got promoted would anyone really be genuinely excited at the prospect of a 3rd Farke Premier campaign after 2 failures? Really??? 

Yes. The summer after promotion is always good fun. More exciting than a summer after non-promotion, anyway.

D. Sadly I think that blind faith and bizarre hope will prevail, but I can't see a third promotion. 

Once a manager has gone past his sell by date that's pretty much it. Its just a question of how much pain you want to endure. He has been given his gun, but is pointing it in the wrong direction.

There are no alternatives really - this season has to be the start of a run in the PL.  The club needs it on so many levels.

There is still plenty of time for making sure we stay up, but after today, the players are going to have to dig deeper.

Maybe Farke has to dig deeper. I don't blame the players-  they are set up the way they are set up. We've all had bad bosses, hard to be at your best if you aren't given the chances to do so.

I think the era is about to collapse. Players will want out if this continues. And I doubt we would then bounce back. More likely to return to era of being mid table champs team. Shame - so many opportunities to kick on but we fluff our lines in this division. Every. Single. Time 

If we go down we won't come back. We kept most of the squad together last time, next season we will have Aarons, Cantwell, Normann, Kabak and Gilmour holes to fill at least. Possibly Tzolis and Rashica will find buyers as well (at less than we paid for them probably).

That's a huge rebuild.

55 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we inserted a break clause in his new 4 year contract, to review at end of season....

Well a sensible owner would have done that but we are dealing with misty eyed sentiment here and I doubt very much if said clause exists (unless insisted upon by Farke of course which would be his 'get out of jail' card). 

25 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

If we go down we won't come back. We kept most of the squad together last time, next season we will have Aarons, Cantwell, Normann, Kabak and Gilmour holes to fill at least. Possibly Tzolis and Rashica will find buyers as well (at less than we paid for them probably).

That's a huge rebuild.

Sadly that's a frightening but quite realistic possibility. No chance whatsoever of a THIRD promotion under this manager. 

1 hour ago, Tumbleweed said:

D. Sadly I think that blind faith and bizarre hope will prevail, but I can't see a third promotion. 

Once a manager has gone past his sell by date that's pretty much it. Its just a question of how much pain you want to endure. He has been given his gun, but is pointing it in the wrong direction.

His foot?