Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

I hope we never get that **** of a ref again

Is it normal to have the same ref for two consecutive home games?

and whilst I can’t blame him for our awful defending I thought he let Rose off the hook for constant fouls and it was a blatant pen early in the second half. Quite how neither the ref or VAR can give that is beyond me. And who knows how the game then plays out with us 2-1 up and not needing to force the issue.

once again, VAR finds a way to rule against us. 

• Like 2

He was useless but again we didn't take advantage of it. Rose committed so many fouls,  many of which weren't even given as fouls. They were able to foul cynically without even being booked for it. 

It does feel teams that try and play football on the deck and invite the press are punished this season with fouls not being given. Something we have to look at.

Yep 100% penalty, not sure I'm particularly bothered about it unlike the other 2 awful decisions recently. More annoyed with the state of our defence 

• Like 3

The refrreees are the least of our problems   right now. We need learn and learn fast what it is that’s required to win football games in this league. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

He was useless but again we didn't take advantage of it. Rose committed so many fouls,  many of which weren't even given as fouls. They were able to foul cynically without even being booked for it. 

It does feel teams that try and play football on the deck and invite the press are punished this season with fouls not being given. Something we have to look at.

Have to, but most likely wont

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

What incident was that?

Rose blatantly shoved Rashica over in the box and Rashica fell on the ball. Not even close to actually challenging for the ball. Ref gave a free kick to Watford.  Just prior to that he also gave them a free kick after Rose fouled Aarons. Commentators on Peacock were baffled by both decisions.

Rose knows his way round a football pitch that's for sure, doesn't get forward much but knows how to defend! That diving header back to Foster was unreal.

Expect to see plenty of him after all send him to Norwich for training and if you c0ck it up it will not really matter.   

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Is it normal to have the same ref for two consecutive home games?

and whilst I can’t blame him for our awful defending I thought he let Rose off the hook for constant fouls and it was a blatant pen early in the second half. Quite how neither the ref or VAR can give that is beyond me. And who knows how the game then plays out with us 2-1 up and not needing to force the issue.

once again, VAR finds a way to rule against us. 

As I said before, and after Leicester game. Won't ref any big  club this year. Rabbit in the headlights. 

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It was a stonewall penalty and how VAR didn't overturn his decision shows what a pathetic system it is.

Have to say I thought so at the time, but thought I had missed something as no major protests from our players, however on our long trip home was listening to Radio 5 and Sutton and Savage thought it was a stonewall penalty.

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

The penalty shout was one thing but about 2 minutes earlier he baffling gave Watford a free kick for Rose fouling Aarons. 

Yes that was barmy, couldn’t believe that.

Also I thought the Rashica foul was a pen in real time, haven’t seen it back though. Presumably VAR would have pinged the ref if they though it was an error?

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

I don't think it is just this season - it has always been this way in the Premier League. Just one of the many reasons that I loathe the Premier and look forward to the time when we can watch some entertaining and exciting football again in the Championship.

39 minutes ago, king canary said:

The penalty shout was one thing but about 2 minutes earlier he baffling gave Watford a free kick for Rose fouling Aarons. 

Yeah. Hes just an awful referee. He let Rose of for so much it was bordering on criminal. 

5 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

The BBC live text agreed with us too. Shame that MotD didn't give these decisions any airtime. 

Screenshot_20210918_231511_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210918_231539_com.android.chrome.jpg

This surprises me a bit, at the time I thought it was one of those ‘free kick anywhere else on the pitch’ type situations, but it seems not. On reflection, was there enough of a fuss made by our players for a VAR check? It all felt a bit half hearted, could we have forced the issue a bit more in game?

Again, I can accept the ‘what if’ scenario for the Leicester goal as we had most of the play, but I just felt like we were caught napping far too often at the back today. We rode our luck with Watford failing to convert some clear cut chances in the first half and ended up getting what we deserved.

Maybe Rashica being bundled over should’ve been given as a pen, but my overriding feeling is that our performance was nowhere near good enough. It was still 1-1, it was no reason for us to go ahead and capitulate.

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

A lot of things to be scrutinised closer to home before we get to the officiating…

It’s right that we have other things to scrutinise but goals change games. Farke sides are generally a lot better protecting a lead than chasing one. It needs to be highlighted. 

2 minutes ago, Costessey Posse said:

stonewall pen for us, but we got away with Kabak doing the same at the other end which would have made it 4 in the second half

Yes but that is irrelevant because if we are 2-1 up the game is different. I’m not excusing our sh*t defending here but we started test half well abd had we got 2-1 up who knows how it would have gone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes but that is irrelevant because if we are 2-1 up the game is different. I’m not excusing our sh*t defending here but we started test half well abd had we got 2-1 up who knows how it would have gone. 

Fair