Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Only 3 points from safety

We can do this lads!

Our goal this season is to finish 17th. Despite the pointless start, its not like all is lost. Perspective. If we're 3 points from safety with 10 games left then I'd take that at this stage.

I think for now thats how we should see things - make sure we dont allow 17th to get out of reach. And currently it isnt. We're only 5 games in, we shouldnt be pantwetting just yet.

• Like 2

I agree with the OP.

Yes I’m disappointed with the start of the season. My expectations were not high for the early games, but I thought we’d have a couple of points under our belts by now.

With that said, the majority of the team that played today have never played together. We were watching virtually a new team be blooded today.

Edited by CirclePoint
  • Like 2

I would have got slaughtered if I had started this thread, but I do agree - it's still early doors in our season and lessons have to be learned, by players and management.  But that will take a few more games yet and as much as I am disappointed about the results so far, we are still in touch with those above us. We simply have to play better and as new players gel, that will happen. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I would have got slaughtered if I had started this thread, but I do agree - it's still early doors in our season and lessons have to be learned, by players and management.  But that will take a few more games yet and as much as I am disappointed about the results so far, we are still in touch with those above us. We simply have to play better and as new players gel, that will happen. 

Nurse, he's out of bed again.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Thing is we went into this game off the back of straight defeats. 

If we manage to win a game, then that in itself can change a teams fortunes and be the start of a run.

I dont actually think we were that bad today, we just made it far too easy for them to score and unless we change that we have no chance. 

What an earth is all this crap about players gelling, and not having played together? These players train every day together, they play matches in their training scenarios, together, they are taught about the opposition strong points together, how the opposition defends, how they attack, who is their strongest player, who is their weakest etc etc etc, they are taught their own teams tactics etc etc etc.! The manager picks his side based on such things!

we obviously have a bunch of slow learners if they cannot take in what they are being told and cannot “gel” together!

I think the learning curve here belongs to Farke and Webber. They made a fist of ducking it up first time round, and they are doing a good job of it this time round! 

6 hours ago, City 2nd said:

What an earth is all this crap about players gelling, and not having played together? These players train every day together, they play matches in their training scenarios, together, they are taught about the opposition strong points together, how the opposition defends, how they attack, who is their strongest player, who is their weakest etc etc etc, they are taught their own teams tactics etc etc etc.! The manager picks his side based on such things!

we obviously have a bunch of slow learners if they cannot take in what they are being told and cannot “gel” together!

I think the learning curve here belongs to Farke and Webber. They made a fist of ducking it up first time round, and they are doing a good job of it this time round! 

The intensity and pressures of a game are very different from any practice scenario that a coach can create, no matter how hard they try.

For example, how could DF have prepared the team for the physicality of the game they just played against Watford without significantly increasing the odds of a player being injured in practice? ‘Telling’ the new players, some of which have not played or have not played for very long in the Prem, and reviewing games will not prepare anyone for how Rose (or the other Watford players for that matter) will bulldoze through them in real life.

Edited by CirclePoint