Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Farke lost my support this week

I've been such a backer of "the project" since day one. The fact that we are "lucky" to have Farke. The speech he gave us about not supporting the team etc on Friday where the supporters were blamed for not accepting defeat after defeat. From that, I was expecting us to destroy Watford today. Go for the throats. Finally make a statement... if only to prove us wrong! But what we got was a pathetic unbelievably woeful performance (one or two players aside). Tonight, I finally accept that Farke is not good enough for this level. 11% win rate in the top flight after 50 games. Inability to keep clean sheets. Questionable team selections. Ridiculous subs with no plan B... Idah on 88th minute? What's Idah going to be able to do in 2 minutes when 3-1 down? Urgh!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

I've been such a backer of "the project" since day one. The fact that we are "lucky" to have Farke. The speech he gave us about not supporting the team etc on Friday where the supporters were blamed for not accepting defeat after defeat. From that, I was expecting us to destroy Watford today. Go for the throats. Finally make a statement... if only to prove us wrong! But what we got was a pathetic unbelievably woeful performance (one or two players aside). Tonight, I finally accept that Farke is not good enough for this level. 11% win rate in the top flight after 50 games. Inability to keep clean sheets. Questionable team selections. Ridiculous subs with no plan B... Idah on 88th minute? What's Idah going to be able to do in 2 minutes when 3-1 down? Urgh!

It doesn’t matter what you think. We just gave him a new contract and the clappers treat him like he’s faultless. To be fair on him- he has to work without a gun. New signings might have lots of potential to make us cash at a later date - but they weren’t what we needed. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately have to agree, Farke has been up there as one of my favourite managers (with Mike walker) but more for the 2 fantastic championship titles. 

But I have to agree, I find myself thinking it needs to be changed now or else it will be the same (or more likely worse) than 2 years ago! He just doesn't seem to be able to adapt at all to top flight football. 😔

I can’t turn on him , I like the guy too much but yes I believe it’s too much for him.

Ive lost my happy clapping hands.

😥

I'm not going to call for his head. But that was a really poor performance and the team selection was a catalyst. The midfield 3 is simply not working - they aren't covering the wide areas and we're being exposed.

Gilmour is nowhere near a Premier League footballer and neither is McLean. The jury is out on Normann after his first game but he was 100% at fault for the second goal.

The trouble is, who the hell do you replace them with? Rupp? PLM?

People can bang on about the loss of Buendia but it's Skipp that we failed to replace and we're paying for it big-time. And the bizarre switch to 4-3-3 and belligerent perseverance with it are absolutely compounding the issue.

Edited by Petriix

8 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Not to mention his radio interview!! It was, in essence, appalling. It’s obvious the man doesn’t have a clue! But I suppose he did eat some humble pie regarding his rant about supporters yesterday! 
“The project” is failing very very badly, and every season will be the same, it has to be, when the next prodigy will be sold to keep The club afloat.

unless!!!