I don’t normally agree with you but you’re right here.

He May well end up being a great player but he is certainly not what we need in the middle of the park. He’s a complete waste of space for us at the moment.

Yes, he was dropped last week and I’d say our midfield looked stronger and better against Arsenal than it did today (although McLean  was also invisible today).  Next week I’d revert to a two of Norman and McLean and play Sargent at 10 behind Pukki 

• Like 1

He may do great things when given space and time by those around him but he hasn’t.

So he is either dropped or get those around him playing so he has.

24 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

He’s not ready - he’s too lightweight. 

Our midfield options don't fill me with much confidence to be fair.

The much maligned Lukas Rupp may have been more useful today.

I'm still waiting for Sorensen's "debut," whilst Normann showed some class whilst not being the midfield cruncher I expected. Time will tell.

It will be some time before Gilmour is able to fully bring his presence to a PL midfield, and Chelsea knew it. 

The bravery of pitching Omobimadele in at the Emirates last week was confounded by his omission this. Omo garnered praise all-round, Kaback seemed a bit rusty.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Gilmour is a bit of everything and nothing right now, its hard to see where he fits in. He looks better playing in the deeper positions where he picks the ball up of defenders and is quite good at switching the play.  But he isn't strong enough or good enough in the tackle that we can afford to play him there, unless Normann proves very good.

• Like 1

Gilmour is a very similar player to Lietner but even less physical. Lietner was deemed not the sort of player we require at this level so why do we now have Gilmour? Has to be dropped, he’s a complete passenger.

I was really looking forward to having Gilmour here and was expecting him to be a success, but he has disappointed. 

Normann was our best midfielder today and McLean has probably been the best so far, so moving forward I think Billy's place could be under threat.

I wouldn't mind seeing us revert to a back three and playing two in midfield, and if that were to happen then Gilmour would likely be the victim.

I think Normann will be our best midfiuelder - was impressed with him today. Once he is up to premier league speed I think we will have a proper player on our hands.

Plus if all else fails we can turn into a Stoke tribute act with his long throws!!

You have to be exceptional to be as small and slow as he is and play in a PL midfield. He's nowhere near good enough to justify the role he plays. I was deflated as soon as I saw him in the team today and even more baffled that he didn't get taken off. If he has a career at the top level it will be in Spain, Italy or Holland. He looks like a small kid playing in this league, like we've been forced to draft one of the u16's into our first team, just so off the pace. 

Big game for us today. We went missing. A lot of our players went missing. Hanley is good but not at this level. Too slow. AO and Kabak for me will be the one. Get Gianni back In for some extra attacking impetus and a solid man compared to a lightweight kid? 

Next week I'd play

Gunn

Aarons AO Kabak Gianni

Normann PLM

Rashica/Sargent CANTWELL Tzolis

Pukki

• Like 1

Yep agree, in fact I don't see the point in wasting anymore wages on him he's nowhere near the required standard and far far too lightweight. Return to sender, needs to go to league 1 or Scotland to learn his trade. 

Complete waste of time so far. So overhyped because of one good game for Scotland that it's actually embarrassing. He looks so lightweight that it's a complete mis-match. I hope we haven't agreed to a first 11 start most games as part of the loan agreement.

16 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

You have to be exceptional to be as small and slow as he is and play in a PL midfield. He's nowhere near good enough to justify the role he plays. I was deflated as soon as I saw him in the team today and even more baffled that he didn't get taken off. If he has a career at the top level it will be in Spain, Italy or Holland. He looks like a small kid playing in this league, like we've been forced to draft one of the u16's into our first team, just so off the pace. 

I think as tuchl and farke are mates they've got a gentleman's agreement that he has to play a certain amount of minutes and games. Maybe I'm looking too much into it

Gil our is like a passenger we could well do without but we have probably guaranteed Chelsea a start every game so have our hands tied - it is like playing with 10 men

Just now, Bomber said:

Gil our is like a passenger we could well do without but we have probably guaranteed Chelsea a start every game so have our hands tied - it is like playing with 10 men

Why are people so extreme? Someone is either the best or the worst and nothing in between. Try some moderation. He entirely, completely and definitely is not like playing with 10 men. However, I don't think he's good enough to start for us. I'd definitely have Normann, PLM, McLean ahead of him and I'd prefer Sorensen and Rupp but not as certain about them.