Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Let's look at the positives.

Positives?

• it was a significant improvement on the Reading performance (dont read that as being acceptable though)
  • Rehman looked superb
  • Johansson looked good  - good movement good touch and nearly a brace from appalling service
  • Worthy may hae finally seen Hughes limitations by taking him and Supergloo off at half time - how many champs clubs take of a million pounds worth of midfielder at half time?
  • WLY lasted the full 90 mins
  • The club have finally heard what the fans think of the season so far and who is to blame - no more its a vocal minority - when the family enclosure leads the chants its not the sad computers nerds trying to generate mischief for the club no matter what you think Mr Doncaster.
  • We have a full 5 days training to practice passing to Johannson and Earnshaw feet rather than relying on just another long ball...

Thats as many as I can muster... 

on paper, the fact remains we have a squad of talented footballers, who if they can gel have the potential to win the champs next year.  imo its still better than the squad who won it 2 seasons ago.  i''m renewing my ticket to watch this team blossom and start playing to their potential. 

Not many Zipper old mate but how about:

• Green looked sharp and made some good saves.
  • Shackell is back
  • Safri will play better but still hit some good passes and dead balls
  • Now I''m struggling...............

The best positive of all is that things can''t get much worse and sooner ot later will get better!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I agree with that LGT so is the fault then firmly with Worthy?[/quote]

I think the majority of blame goes to Worthy because these are the players he bought and wanted.  However and I am going to jumped on badly about this but our better players such as Huckerby just have not done enough.  There are many reasons and some of them Worthy''s fault but on Sunday Huckerby did nothing and sadly it''s happened too often this year.  I know he is a "legend" and to even think about questioning him is unforgivable but he has been a huge disappointment this season.  He has looked about as interested as Rivers during some games this year.  What is worse though is Worthington''s idea of how to motivate our best attacking player, drop him!  Nice one.

Ashton, Green, Drury and more have not made the contribution they should have this year.  Players that handled themselves in the Premier League are just not performing to the level required.

Add to the players not performing the fact the Worthy appears to have obtained his tactical knowledge from the back of subbuteo box then you can understand why this season has gone pear shaped.

Wasn''t over-impressed with Rehman, but it was a difficult game to come into - a local derby with an absent midfield. But when Shackell came on, I thought the whole back four looked impressive - again taking into account they had no cover. Johanson I like - athletic, technically better than Svensson, and with Ashton''s eye for goal, but without the dodgy attitude. Very much like the look of the partnership with Earnshaw, who had good skill as well as speed. It''s nice to see the ball over the top becoming a real possibility, with Jo and Earnie worrying back fours. With those two, and with McVeigh and Safri providing the balls through and over, I see goals. It''s interesting that all the new boys showed up the old lags (except for McVeigh and Drury) in terms of skill and application.

I don''t want to get too carried away, because they may find their flair and enthusiasm draining away into the Colney turf, or being flattened by the atmosphere at the ground on match days, but it''s stopped me ringing Samaritans.

Hi all finally plucked up enough strength to type! Had to turn my head away from the Town celebrations at the end but I couldn''t close my ears ... awful truly awful.

My biggest positive was Zesh Rehman. He looked confident, firm but effective in the tackle and had a real bullet of a header.

My biggest negatives ... 1. how many bl**dy times did Jason de Vos head back every drifted/lofted ball forward? It would be interesting to see how many headers we actually won ... WE DON''T HAVE ASHTON ANY MORE PLAY IT ON THE GROUND!!! 2. Ethutu was soooooooo bad .. he doesn''t know where to stand in the midfield he just trots about meaninglessly hoping the ball doesn''t come his way ... appalling.

... gutted to say the Town totally deserved it