3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Emi is the reason we are in the Premier League and his sale is the reason we will be relegated. It really is that simple. 

Our very best player sold. Brentford very best player still at Brentford.

what other club would sell, at least before Xmas, think however Villa got their Xmas present early.

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Emi is the reason we are in the Premier League and his sale is the reason we will be relegated. It really is that simple. 

seems that way... how on earth do we explain how we pissed the championship last season and then suddenly we look so weak this season?

Certainly looking like relegation was confirmed when he left. We were poor without him at championship level and all the new players combined haven’t replaced anywhere near what we’ve lost 

I agree with all the above but we cannot afford to try and improve. With out selling people like Emi.

im not defending it, it’s just facts

self funding just isn’t working

The team is clearly worse than last year. The defensive solidity and creativity of that side was all based around our midfield stars, namely Skipp and Emi. Skipp was already going to be difficult to replace, but we really didn't need the problem of also losing our best player and guy who made the entire team tick. Anyone who couldn't see how important his contributions were in terms of both attacking and defensive workrate frankly needs their eyes checked. We sold him on the cheap and replaced him with unproven gambles. With predictable results. 

A lot of people are going to be blaming Farke right now, but I think Webber took away his gun and replaced it with a water pistol. 

• Like 1

I reckon the formation change from 4 2 3 1 to this seasons 4 3 3 has not helped.  Skipp and McLean provided great cover last season, this year we seem to have made the formation more attacking and more open.

• Like 1

Watford keep Sarr, he caused us no end of problems, we sold our best player and failed to replace our 2nd best player. Massive fail.

29 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Absolute trash.

23 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Our very best player sold. Brentford very best player still at Brentford.

what other club would sell, at least before Xmas, think however Villa got their Xmas present early.

Also absolute trash. We pushed back against selling him last summer, thus keeping him for the Championship gaining promotion. Many clubs with similar budgets to us would have sold Buendia upon relegation last time. Trying to paint history with a slant favourable to your view doesn't always work... 

Also, we were relegated with Buendia last time. Keeping him would mean a tougher summer again. We wouldn't have added all of Rashica, Tzolis, PLM, Sargent, Normann, Kabak, Gunn, Williams, Gilmore... 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chicken said:

Absolute trash.

Nice argument. 

Emi was obviously a vital player in our PL promotion run. 17 assists, 15 goals. Our record without him last season was 2 wins in 7. 

I can only assume you're trolling or deluded. 

Edited by The Bunny
  • Like 1

I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't matter what attacking players you have if you concede the sort of soft goals we did today. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We got relegated with him too.

• Thanks 1

I think we miss Skipp more, hopefully Normann will plug the gap.  We needed a lot of things to go well over the season to stay up, and we are already over 10% of the way through….

17 minutes ago, chicken said:

Absolute trash.

Also absolute trash. We pushed back against selling him last summer, thus keeping him for the Championship gaining promotion. Many clubs with similar budgets to us would have sold Buendia upon relegation last time. Trying to paint history with a slant favourable to your view doesn't always work... 

Also, we were relegated with Buendia last time. Keeping him would mean a tougher summer again. We wouldn't have added all of Rashica, Tzolis, PLM, Sargent, Normann, Kabak, Gunn, Williams, Gilmore... 

You tell em 😂

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't matter what attacking players you have if you concede the sort of soft goals we 

Rubbish. If you have attacking threat it reduces your reliance on defence. Selling Buendia is looking a bit stupid imo

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't matter what attacking players you have if you concede the sort of soft goals we did today. 

The statements "we were a shower of sh*t in defense" and "selling our best player was a bad idea" are not incompatible. 

Emi actually offered a lot in terms of defensive workrate and winning back the ball. I doubt it would have been enough today though. The back 4 were utterly useless. 

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, this.

Our biggest problem is that every time the opposition attack, you get the impression that they'll end up having a good chance to score. Emi Buendia's presence on the pitch would make no difference to that.

• Like 1

Completely correct Bunny. Emi’s defensive work for a player of his type was second to none.

In the years I’ve followed Football I’ve never known a player to stay with us who wanted to leave, and I’ve never wanted a player to stay if his heart is not with us. We move on, now is the time to make history and prove a point. The easiest and feeblest view is to predict doom and gloom, and it doesn’t take Einstein to know that this season was going to be tough. It’s tough for Newcastle (that famous non self funding club) and Burnley- that’s the challenge and that’s the ambition. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Rubbish. If you have attacking threat it reduces your reliance on defence. Selling Buendia is looking a bit stupid imo

Yeah, potentially. Its not stopped Villa shipping goals with such better players so I dont think it suddenly would have done for us and certainly didn't 2 seasons ago. All the evidence suggests that wouldn't have made a difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newtopia said:

I think we miss Skipp more, hopefully Normann will plug the gap.  We needed a lot of things to go well over the season to stay up, and we are already over 10% of the way through….

I think this is nearer to the actual truth.👍

• Like 1

I think in this moment we are missing Buendia and Skipp dearly, but it is not a stick to beat the club with and our new signings need more time - particularly Normann and Kabak, who are only just through the door and playing.

1. We were relegated with him last time.

2. Emi didn't want to be here last year, let alone this!

3. We lost today because we gave away stupid goals - nothing to do with Emi.

4. These arguments have been explored at length before.

I really think that some on here need to move on and show a little bit more determination and fight!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

1. We were relegated with him last time.

2. Emi didn't want to be here last year, let alone this!

3. We lost today because we gave away stupid goals - nothing to do with Emi.

4. These arguments have been explored at length before.

I really think that some on here need to move on and show a little bit more determination and fight!

Post of the day, take note Quitters.

• Like 1