cambridgeshire canary

'The longest losing run by any side in English top flight'

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think the sarcasm of the post has flown over your head there..... 😏

You can really tell on here sometimes ? 🧐

16 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:
26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It helps no-one except those that want to wallow in it. 

Careful what you wish for, positivity cannot exist without negativity. There would be no need for Batman without the Joker. Just put your usual ultra positive slant on that new unwelcome record to balance it out.. although that may be a challenge.

think we may see this stat for a few more weekend as yet sadly

I'm all for balance and agree you can't ignore negative aspects altogether, but really, this stat is just a blot on the landscape in the dim and distant past, with a squad that was totally different - a world away from today.

The squad is totally different even from last season, so to expect it all to happen straight away given the fixtures we have had so far, with many new players and two of them having less than a week of training with us, is not sensible. 

I support what Farke is doing - he played the new guys which he needed to do, they have to learn in the heat of battle and will hopefully have learned today.  Farke would probably have been criticized if he had left those players out and we had lost.

It's a tough world in the PL and we will have to dig deeper and get up to speed and get the team to gel.

It's now that is the problem - not two years ago. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm all for balance and agree you can't ignore negative aspects altogether, but really, this stat is just a blot on the landscape in the dim and distant past, with a squad that was totally different - a world away from today.

The squad is totally different even from last season, so to expect it all to happen straight away given the fixtures we have had so far, with many new players and two of them having less than a week of training with us, is not sensible. 

I support what Farke is doing - he played the new guys which he needed to do, they have to learn in the heat of battle and will hopefully have learned today.  Farke would probably have been criticized if he had left those players out and we had lost.

It's a tough world in the PL and we will have to dig deeper and get up to speed and get the team to gel.

It's now that is the problem - not two years ago. 

Huh??? You do realise this run includes the last 5 games we've played, I'm not sure it gets much more "now" than that.... 🙄

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Head in the sand there. Am afraid 15 losses on the bounce in any division is clear proof you can’t cope with it.  

Agreed! Honestly, can anyone see it improving?

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Huh??? You do realise this run includes the last 5 games we've played, I'm not sure it gets much more "now" than that.... 🙄

Of course. I'm talking about two seasons ago. Gone. Done. Dusted. People need to forget it.

This is football at its best, the challenge, the ambition the test of character. I’m relishing the campaign.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course. I'm talking about two seasons ago. Gone. Done. Dusted. People need to forget it.

Hope you are well LDC  ! 

Not trying to wind you up but the Stat Does not Lie 

if i played for Norwich

i scored 40 goals in champs we go up 

then  0 in PL then we go down 

i score 40 in champs then we go up 

Then in the PL i score 0 

You would say i was the best Striker in the championship but i can not do it in the PL 

same as Farke he has Lost his last 15 PL games and thats not good 

I’ve been to 4 out 6 games this year . I have been in the stadiums cheering the lads on . Screaming at the ref. Singing on the ball city and making myself horse in the bargain. So far I reckon I’ve spent 400 quid on travel , tickets ,grub for me and family . (I’m lucky - I can afford it - and am not looking for any medals) 

And bellends on here complain about negativity like some holier than thou c0cks who I doubt have been to any games this year and haven’t got behind the boys once this year in person 

Let me tell anyone that cares to listen I have earned  the right to be concerned about the current abject lack of looking like winning (in the league - 6.0 against Bournemouth reserves doesn’t really count - but I was there too) 

And here’s something else . I’ll be at CR at Tuesday too. Cheering the boys on. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’ve been to 4 out 6 games this year . I have been in the stadiums cheering the lads on . Screaming at the ref. Singing on the ball city and making myself horse in the bargain. So far I reckon I’ve spent 400 quid on travel , tickets ,grub for me and family . (I’m lucky - I can afford it - and am not looking for any medals) 

And bellends on here complain about negativity like some holier than thou c0cks who I doubt have been to any games this year and haven’t got behind the boys once this year in person 

Let me tell anyone that cares to listen I have earned  the right to be concerned about the current abject lack of looking like winning 

And here’s something else . I’ll be at CR at Tuesday too. Cheering the boys on. 

Good for you. But what has this to do with a debate on whether the team are good enough for this level? 

2 hours ago, Clint said:

It’s going to be at least 17 with Everton and Burnley away up next. 

It's probably the best Brighton side for many a year and a bit more physicality to shy away from. Make that 18.

Not sure why nobody has pointed this out but Cambridge has done what he often does, posts an article or comment that he either doesn’t understand or hasn’t read.

The longest losing steak is 20 games, by Sunderland, spanning the end of the 2003/03 season and the start of the 2005/06 season. The OPTA stat is for the longest losing streak for the same manager.