Jump to content
cambridgeshire canary

'The longest losing run by any side in English top flight'

Recommended Posts

I hate that stat because it’s just plain wrong. Do they just ignore the winning championship season? It’s not a run if it’s interrupted is it? The only thing in common is that the same manager and players (well some of them) but it’s honestly just nonsense.

Edited by Jambomo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I hate these pointless statistics.

Not really a pointless statistic though, is it? Many of the squad are the same as the last PL campaign, the manager is the same, the tactics are the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I hate that stat because it’s just plain wrong. Do they just ignore the winning championship season? It’s not a run if it’s interrupted is it? The only thing in common is that the same manager and players (well some of them) but it’s honestly just nonsense.

Absobloodyexactly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

At least the penny is dropping how bad our summer transfer window has been 

We signed some exciting youngsters but needed big gritty midfielders and centre backs. Or - to put it a other way- our model demands we buy to make future profit not to plug current gaps. And it shows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Into the history books we go

The first 10 was because of the pandemic. The next 4 was because we were never ever ever going to beat the teams in question. And the next one was because we were playing too many debutants and were dreadfully unlucky . 
I think that sorts it .  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pandemic was obviously different for the other 19 teams

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The first 10 was because of the pandemic. The next 4 was because we were never ever ever going to beat the teams in question. And the next one was because we were playing too many debutants and were dreadfully unlucky . 
I think that sorts it .  

Please explain how we were unlucky today ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I hate that stat because it’s just plain wrong. Do they just ignore the winning championship season? It’s not a run if it’s interrupted is it? The only thing in common is that the same manager and players (well some of them) but it’s honestly just nonsense.

Surely it just shows that we we're **** then and **** now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Please explain how we were unlucky today ?

Chalky. I wondered if putting too many “ever’s” might alert you to the mischief in my comment. Obviously not. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be at least 17 with Everton and Burnley away up next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Chalky. I wondered if putting too many “ever’s” might alert you to the mischief in my comment. Obviously not. 

Obviously ! But guessed no one could intelligently defend that dross today !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a worthless stat. It is a nice one for those that want to rub our noses in it or who want to wallow in negativity, but really, it is a waste of time talking/thinking about it. It's meaningless and does not take into account anything in terms of context. Yes, it is a fact, it exists, but that does not give it credence. It is just a convenient stick to beat us with, if you are that way inclined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting cross with this now, not the stat, but those who keep on talking about it as if it is important.   All that matters is this season, not two seasons ago.  We have 33 games to get it right and still have time to sort out the new players, get the team gelling and put a few results together.  Two seasons ago is irrelevant.

 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lake district canary said:

I'm getting cross with this now, not the stat, but those who keep on talking about it as if it is important.   All that matters is this season, not two seasons ago.  We have 33 games to get it right and still have time to sort out the new players, get the team gelling and put a few results together.  Two seasons ago is irrelevant.

 

The same mistakes are being made over and over again it’s a continuation of the sins of the past and nothing has been learned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Please explain how we were unlucky today ?

I think the sarcasm of the post has flown over your head there..... 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm getting cross with this now, not the stat, but those who keep on talking about it as if it is important.   All that matters is this season, not two seasons ago.  We have 33 games to get it right and still have time to sort out the new players, get the team gelling and put a few results together.  Two seasons ago is irrelevant.

 

Of course it's not irrelevant, it's bloody important when debating Farkes ability at this level. No one questions him when he has a squad better than most in the division, but this nonsense to ignore 15 defeats at the top table is just ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Of course it's not irrelevant, it's bloody important when debating Farkes ability at this level. No one questions him when he has a squad better than most in the division, but this nonsense to ignore 15 defeats at the top table is just ridiculous. 

It helps no-one except those that want to wallow in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bunny said:

Not really a pointless statistic though, is it? Many of the squad are the same as the last PL campaign, the manager is the same, the tactics are the same. 

Literally is a pointless stat for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

It helps no-one except those that want to wallow in it. 

That's not how debate works chap, you can't just bury your head in the sand, it 100 % is not only a very relevant stat but a depressing one too. If the club are burying their head as you are, then I'm massively worried about Derby's record going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

That's not how debate works chap, you can't just bury your head in the sand, it 100 % is not only a very relevant stat but a depressing one too. If the club are burying their head as you are, then I'm massively worried about Derby's record going. 

Imo if people are really concerned about stats like that, it says more about them than the stat itself. We have enough problems trying to navigate this season's fixtures with the games we have had so far, without trying to lay on extra levels from something that occured two years ago under the most unbelievable of circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It helps no-one except those that want to wallow in it. 

Careful what you wish for, positivity cannot exist without negativity. There would be no need for Batman without the Joker. Just put your usual ultra positive slant on that new unwelcome record to balance it out.. although that may be a challenge.

think we may see this stat for a few more weekend as yet sadly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...