Ken Hairy

Daniel Farke

I love the guy , I really do. I’m even feeling sorry for. Him atm but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if he stands down with in the next 5 games.

I can also put up with the 0 points so far. It’s just the way we have got them.

☹️

• Like 1

Same old sh1te week in week out... going down with a whimper yet again. Sack the washed up cook lovies on the board, sack the German idiot that brings in tripe season after season. Walking home from Carrow Road sick to the back teeth of this c@ck.

7 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Daniel Farke's Premier League record with Norwich City - 

P43 W5 D6 L32 F28 A89 GD-61- Win ratio 11.63%

There is no need for a debate.  An absolutely shocking record.  Something has to change.  What's the alternative?  To just keep doing the same thing and hoping for a different outcome???

That is quite stark.

You'd hope/expect the result and the reaction to really make Webber and Farke think about their strategy for the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Your definition of disappointing clearly doesn't match mine. 

Clearly not 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

in the first game of a season where we might have had a chance. 

Just want to remind you that Arsenal had 0 points in 3 games before playing us, and one of those games was a defeat against a promoted side. This is the sort of mentality endemic in the club and fan base, and is why Norwich don't have a chance but Brentford do. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just want to remind you that Arsenal had 0 points in 3 games before playing us, and one of those games was a defeat against a promoted side. This is the sort of mentality endemic in the club and fan base, and is why Norwich don't have a chance but Brentford do. 

Just want to remind you that Arsenal had half a team missing when they faced Brentford in Brentford. As opposed to being close to full strength several weeks later facing us at the Emirates.

Something has th chsnge before game 11!

I've said it before, Farke needs some defensive coaching help.  If he won't accept that, his time here is done!

I don't have any confidence that anything DF will do is going to work. He seems out of his depth now, and appears to be repeating all the mistakes from last time. The players don't look fired up either, too languid and seem to be turning up for a cuppa and slice of victoria sponge instead of a PL match..

He's not a bad coach or manager. It's just that his style doesn't work for a team in our position at this level. I've seen enough now of this style of football in the PL. I don't want him sacked, but if he doesn't change tactic from now on it'll have to be the end of the line, because with the players we can afford it is just plain stupid trying to play this way in this league. 

38 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Did any of us realistically expect to get any points from the first four when the fixture list first came around? I certainly didn't.

Also, did we really have that much of a chance on Project Restart with a litany of centre-halves all out at once? I certainly didn't think so either. If we'd had a fully fit side, we might have been able to go down fighting, but realistically we were a bit too far gone.

I don't care for being relegated at all, but if anything's clear from watching football, knee-jerk decisions on managers rarely turn out all that well for prolonged periods.

Leicester were absolutely dire TGS, they were hampered with injuries at the back (ironically just like we were in 19/20 and that excuse is regularly trotted out to our benefit), they were absolutely there for the taking and we blew it.

Ridiculous to write that game off.

Unless he turns this around very quickly I think we may have to accept he’s got his ceiling. The way we play works in the champ because we get away with allowing teams chances. At this level we get punished and we won’t win a single game unless we can learn to defend.

he’s changed a formation we’ve been used to for 3 seasons to one which doesn’t seem to suit any of our key players. He’s chopping and changing the back line unnecessarily. But more than anything he just can’t seem to coach a team to be solid and defend properly. In this league first and foremost you need to be solid and then you can build on that. We don’t have it and Farke appears blind to it. Very, very disillusioned. 

I really started to be concerned with his 15 minute speech yesterday. 
a coach that is sure of his tactics and how things are going wouldn’t, to me, do that.

Again, I love the guy and want nothing more than for him to be successful but I’m starting to see things that prove he won’t.

Go back to project restart and he / the team seemed void of ideas how to tweak things .  I’m thinking the same again with what I strongly believe is a strong team all round .

52 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't agree here. I think we're all jumping the gun a bit on the back of one disappointing result in the first game of a season where we might have had a chance. Considering how low a state we were in just over four years ago with our finances in a mess and an aging squad going nowhere rapidly, for him and Webber to have pulled out what they have is remarkable. To do so whilst sorting out our finances is impressive enough. To do it whilst delivering two Championship titles with a stylish brand of attacking football that's won fans way beyond Carrow Road is something else. And to do it with a heavier focus on youth than your average team in the top two divisions makes it as remarkable as it does.

However, the extent to which this is remarkable does make the downs that bit more biting, or even distressing to many. And we have to make sure we don't panic.

It’s not the result, it’s how we played and the same old flaws (evident in our game last season but we got away with them due to our attacking quality) that have got people down. 

21 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Just want to remind you that Arsenal had half a team missing when they faced Brentford in Brentford. As opposed to being close to full strength several weeks later facing us at the Emirates.

Arsenal finished 8th last season and 8th the season before, if we come up believing we have "no chance" against mid table sides then we were relegated before a ball was kicked.

How ever much I appreciate and like Farke you finally have to look at results and track record at this higher level and it is not acceptable, some tough decisions will be need to be made soon.

I dont see the value or even the relevance in tagging on our last eleven games in the prem two seasons ago.

In reality, talking formations and structure and personnel is pointless looking at todays game. If we cannot defend simple balls into the box and concede such soft goals we will be relegated irrespective of if we are playing 4231 or 433.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Leicester were absolutely dire TGS, they were hampered with injuries at the back (ironically just like we were in 19/20 and that excuse is regularly trotted out to our benefit), they were absolutely there for the taking and we blew it.

Ridiculous to write that game off.

Can't really agree there. You can't predict a team will have a lot of injuries when the fixture list comes around. If it wasn't for a tight, but accurate offside call, we'd have got a point out of that. Same applies to the Arsenal game afterwards.

This is the first one that's annoying / hurting as it was one we had justified hopes of winning, but the lads fell some way short of expectations on that performance. Thought Normann looked quite decent though.

Edited by TheGunnShow

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I dont see the value or even the relevance in tagging on our last eleven games in the prem two seasons ago.

In reality, talking formations and structure and personnel is pointless looking at todays game. If we cannot defend simple balls into the box and concede such soft goals we will be relegated irrespective of if we are playing 4231 or 433.

Sadly we have to include 2 seasons ago as we're debating his ability to manage at this level, no-one is questioning him lower down, but it's becoming more and more clear his style, or his tactical stubbornness will not work with a squad of players amongst the weakest in a league. I don't think man for man too many Watford players get into our 11, but tactically they were miles away from us. 

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We most surely will be relegated... No way back imho

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Unless he turns this around very quickly I think we may have to accept he’s got his ceiling. The way we play works in the champ because we get away with allowing teams chances. At this level we get punished and we won’t win a single game unless we can learn to defend.

he’s changed a formation we’ve been used to for 3 seasons to one which doesn’t seem to suit any of our key players. He’s chopping and changing the back line unnecessarily. But more than anything he just can’t seem to coach a team to be solid and defend properly. In this league first and foremost you need to be solid and then you can build on that. We don’t have it and Farke appears blind to it. Very, very disillusioned. 

Sadly I agree with you here, Jim. Absolutely love Farke as a man and as a manager, but I think he's got three more league games. If we don't win any of Everton, Burnley or Brighton, I fear that a defeat at home to Brighton could be one of those days when you know a manager's time is done. Desperately hope he can turn it around, but today's performance offered no evidence to suggest that he can.

Will be glad when it gets dark so I don't have the humiliation of facing my neighbours in a City shirt.

That really was clueless.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't really agree there. You can't predict a team will have a lot of injuries when the fixture list comes around. If it wasn't for a tight, but accurate offside call, we'd have got a point out of that. Same applies to the Arsenal game afterwards.

This is the first one that's annoying / hurting as it was one we had justified hopes of winning, but the lads fell some way short of expectations on that performance.

But why is your pre season prediction more relevant than the actual game situation which transpired where indeed they were half a side, who also performed rather terribly on the day I thought despite picking up the 3 points!

There are always excuses. But excuses are generally one offs. Those stats are unacceptable, and we won the Champs twice! Its not as though we got promoted by random draw. There is enough of a pattern now, and evidence of the same approach and dogma, to suggest very strongly that nothing will change without a hard decision being made. Making excuses for every defeat in a results driven business is myopic and delusional. This is not the territory of excuses. This is serial underperformance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sadly I agree with you here, Jim. Absolutely love Farke as a man and as a manager, but I think he's got three more league games. If we don't win any of Everton, Burnley or Brighton, I fear that a defeat at home to Brighton could be one of those days when you know a manager's time is done. Desperately hope he can turn it around, but today's performance offered no evidence to suggest that he can.

Id be so, so surprised if he was sacked at that point. It wouldn't necessarily be unjust I just don't believe it would happen.

After today, I think we're down already. How can we recover from that? It's gonna take something special that's beyond Farke and his team I fear.

Nothing to suggest that we could beat any side with that performance. 

We need a fresh pair of eyes and it cheaper to change the manager than the squad, so I wish Farke well for the future, but for me, he has no future here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Id be so, so surprised if he was sacked at that point. It wouldn't necessarily be unjust I just don't believe it would happen.

I genuinely don’t want him sacked. He’s done great things for us and our club is so set up for Farkes way of doing things. But where do you go if we just continue to do the same thing and see the same results. Desperately need him to do something to change it. 

• Like 2