chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Watford (H)(PL) ****

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

My nan could have got at least ONE point from the last 15 Prem GAMES and she's been dead 20 years.

I don't mean to criticise your Nan's footballing ability, but no, she couldn't.

That said - it was a very depressing result, so I understand the sentiment.

Webber was right about one thing. Farke will be managing in the Champions League... ... 1st round primaries for a part time team in a small country.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't get this.

I thought everybody was on board with Webber's intention to establish us as a "top 26 side", so why would relegation faze anybody? 

I can accept relegation knowing we have given our all. I can’t honestly say I have thought that about any game this season. Far far too many white flags being waved already 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Because we don't want to see our team beaten, and embarrassingly, week after week.

Me neither, I was being facetious, and it was aimed at the handful of eternal happy clappers like Hogesar who will never concede that we're under achieving. 

Terrible final balls, don’t create enough chances, not strong enough or organised enough in defence.

I’ve been very much in the give it some time, strength of opposition in our first few games, Covid pre-season etc. camp, but this is Watford at home. 

Simply, not good enough.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Show me where I said I was talking about you specifically, you narcissist with a god complex.

Now, if you had any idea about my own opinions then you'd know I was being ironic anyway and consider top 26 to be unambitious. 

If you don't want me to not take it as a jab at my own view then post it without quoting me sweetheart. 

1 minute ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

Huge Farke fan, but 3 more games and unfortunately his time will be up.

Sad end imminent.

Dion Dublin or, preferably, Kadeena Cox for me

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Williams has been poor, bring Giannoulis back

He literally looks like half the time he doesn't give a sh*t loses the ball and just stops 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

For me the damage was done by the defensive leader sitting 5 yards behind the rest of the defence playing King and in an embarrassing amount of space. 

Hanley does his job and stays in line the goal doesnt happen. 

Kabak stays with his man, goal-side, striker doesnt score. First goal Kabak isnt strong or brave enough for me, Watford guy gets there first

Just not ****ing good enough.Serious questions need to be asked now so we have a chance.

• Like 2

Even though having bad marking from CBs in first two goals, its really ridiculous that they were allowed to give final passes for those without any pressure.

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

If you don't want me to not take it as a jab at my own view then post it without quoting me sweetheart. 

Apologies, done me there, didn't realise I'd quoted you.

We are on the same page anyway, OTBC

• Like 1

The Scottish contingent pretty unimpressive today.

Uninspiring debut from Kabak.

No cohesion. Playing like strangers. They are still strangers in footballing minutes.

Southampton win a point at the Etihad.

Disastrous day/performance.

• Like 1

Basically you can get out of the championship playing the way we do but you can’t stay up in the premier league. We can’t deal with pace snd are staggeringly naive. We get away with it in the championship but don’t stop this level. No coincidence we list to Sarr/Watford twice last season as well. 

Normann will be a huge player for us this season. Saw enough today to convince me he is the real deal and will go from strength to strength. 

Think we need to decide what we're doing with Gilmour. He isnt offering enough to me to offset his physique or defensive frailties. McLean knocked off the ball too easily as well, not for the first time.

Id like to see Lees-Melou back next time with Normann.

Im not sure the formation is working either.

I think our players are good enough - but they need to find their feet fast

Whilst this result obviously doesn’t relegate us it is a massive body blow to the confidence of management, players and fans alike. The first match of the survival league for us and an awful result. It’s so hard to see where points are coming from.

Trying to play the way we do in this league with the quality of player we have is flat out stupid. It doesn't work. Every other team does the exact opposite of us. They make the pitch big, they don't really knock the ball about they give it to a fast player to take the opposition on, they get back as fast as they can to defend and tackle hard and hit the counter attack at pace and put the ball into dangerous areas instead of trying to play to feet. 

I think we do have good enough players, we're just not good enough to play this particular way. To put it basically we're very easy to create chances against and we don't create many ourselves playing this way, so to put it blunty it has to change or we won't get 10 points this year

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Normann will be a huge player for us this season. Saw enough today to convince me he is the real deal and will go from strength to strength. 

Think we need to decide what we're doing with Gilmour. He isnt offering enough to me to offset his physique or defensive frailties. McLean knocked off the ball too easily as well, not for the first time.

Id like to see Lees-Melou back next time with Normann.

Im not sure the formation is working either.

I think our players are good enough - but they need to find their feet fast

Fully agree about Normann and Gilmour, unfortunately the coaches are not upto this league and we need to change them fast

8 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Because he'd have to admit he's wrong about Hanley.

So, so ****ing wrong.

Hanley, Krul, Pukki, Mcclean, Gilmour and a few more are all favourites and are unlikely to be dropped (ever). 
Looking at the bench, one has to ask -  Why? Some benched are the supposed quality players that Webber brought in and Farke wanted! 
He is wrong about more than just Hanley!

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Honestly, I think there will be a huge supporter swing on Farke tonight after that. Especially after that 13 minute rant.

Yep  I'd be inclined to give him this season and next rather than the next four.👍😇😉

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Apologies, done me there, didn't realise I'd quoted you.

We are on the same page anyway, OTBC

No worries, emotions running pretty high! 

Farke out?? Otbc

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Trying to play the way we do in this league with the quality of player we have is flat out stupid. It doesn't work. Every other team does the exact opposite of us. They make the pitch big, they don't really knock the ball about they give it to a fast player to take the opposition on, they get back as fast as they can to defend and tackle hard and the counter attack at pace and put the ball into dangerous areas instead of trying to play to feet. 

I think we do have good enough players, we're just not good enough to play this particular way. To put it basically we're very easy to create chances against and we don't create many ourselves playing this way, so to put it blunty it has to change or we won't get 10 points this year

Thing is we do have the players to do this. Tzolis on the left, Rashica on the right. Though Sargent's energy and physicality was very welcome playing on the right.

Normann has the defensive solidity and passing ability to make that work

Agree with various about normann, looks real. Gilmore, please not as a deep lying 'pirlo'!!!!! Stuff 4-3-3 off, just doesn't work!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡😡

2 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

I'd like to think webber is not stupid, lose the next five and I honestly think Farke will be gone.

No way will he IMO. We’ve only just got arguably our two most important signings through the door.