chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Watford (H)(PL) ****

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Have to agree that the questions about Farke have to asked now before it's too late and we're in it too deep. 

I don't get this.

I thought everybody was on board with Webber's intention to establish us as a "top 26 side", so why would relegation faze anybody? 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

For those who believe we ought to be in the EPL, then you have to question whether DF is capable of doing that.

Don’t forget the owners too

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Have to agree that the questions about Farke have to asked now before it's too late and we're in it too deep. 

They are already in it too deep! Far to deep. question have to be asked not only of Farke but Webber too! Absolutely shocking even with the “supposed” quality he brought in so Farke didn’t have “one hand behind his back” like last time in the prem”. I have to say looks like he has two hands behind his back now!!

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Why has he changed the formation, why drop Andy o after a man of the match display, why can’t they do defensive basics.

why can he not understand that you cannot be this open in the premier league?

Because he'd have to admit he's wrong about Hanley.

So, so ****ing wrong.

I think part of the problem is the lack of cohesion. We have a lot of new signings and the understanding isnt there so far. 

Kabak and Hanley have no understanding at all it seems. First thing I came across when Googled Kabak was his mix-up with the Liverpool keeper on his first game I think

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't get this.

I thought everybody was on board with Webber's intention to establish us as a "top 26 side", so why would relegation faze anybody? 

Because we don't want to see our team beaten, and embarrassingly, week after week.

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Defending isn’t just about the 4 at the back (who have been a shambles) it’s a team effort and starts from the front. The depressing lack of high press to try and win the ball back on the opponent’s half is nothing short of heart breaking for me 

Whenever we have actually pressed Watford look shaky. We absolutely needed to push them more. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't get this.

It's not so much faze.....it's more......I think he has the tools at last to make a decent fist of it. But, just seems utterly bereft of ideas! Why ditch 4-2-3-1 which has done well for us in the past? We need a link between midfield and striker(s). If we're getting bossed in the middle why play Gilmore?

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't get this.

Show me where I've said I'm happy with Webber's intention? I for one want us to play at the highest level possible! 

I also don't want us to be a ****ing joke every time we come up! 

Have been saying, and hoping, once we got Normann, that would allow us to go 4-2-3-1. Thought we'd adopt it against Watford, but we've been outplayed and out-muscled now against poor Arsenal, and now an average watford.

4-3-3 just doesn't work. Am beginning to wonder if Gilmour is too lightweight and trying to fit him in, isn't going to work

One could forgive Kabak who hasn't played and may not have been match fit/sharp. He'll adapt, but we persist we Hanley. Bring back Omo!

6 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Because Kabak was the one running with the scorer and let him get away 

For me the damage was done by the defensive leader sitting 5 yards behind the rest of the defence playing King and in an embarrassing amount of space. 

Hanley does his job and stays in line the goal doesnt happen. 

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

They are already in it too deep! Far to deep. question have to be asked not only of Farke but Webber too! Absolutely shocking even with the “supposed” quality he brought in so Farke didn’t have “one hand behind his back” like last time in the prem”. I have to say looks like he has two hands behind his back now!!

Four of the starters today were loan players so what exactly has been brought in?

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Absolutely fair point! 

Look i've been supportive of Farke's reign throughout his entire time here and even attended almost every home game during the dismal 17-18 season. But when do you say enough is enough? He has been fantastic for us in the Championship and really cemented us a big fish in that league, but his style just doesn't translate to the top flight. It just feels like we have no game plan going forwards and we are scythed through too easily time and time again. I was hopeful after the defensive improvements to last season but we can see how well that's served us this season. 

As i've said in another thread, how can you excuse this after last time around and the rubbish start we have made to this one. Look what Lambert got out of the squad we had back in the 11-12 season and hell even Alex Neils group gave a better fight of things during his time here, it's just getting frustrating watching us stroll through games without any intensity to our attacks whilst even Watford look better drilled than us.

Sorry just wanted to vent, getting incredibly frustrating to watch this game after game.

• Like 2

How can anyone still defend our defensive shambles under Farke?  We continually make the same mistakes, game after game, month after month, year after year.  How can we win a game when we can't even do the basics?  It's just not good enough.

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

I think part of the problem is the lack of cohesion. We have a lot of new signings and the understanding isnt there so far. 

Kabak and Hanley have no understanding at all it seems. First thing I came across when Googled Kabak was his mix-up with the Liverpool keeper on his first game I think

Nah, too simplistic an excuse.

These are top level footballers.

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Show me where I've said I'm happy with Webber's intention? I for one want us to play at the highest level possible! 

I also don't want us to be a ****ing joke every time we come up! 

Show me where I said I was talking about you specifically, you narcissist with a god complex.

Now, if you had any idea about my own opinions then you'd know I was being ironic anyway and consider top 26 to be unambitious. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Why has he changed the formation, why drop Andy o after a man of the match display, why can’t they do defensive basics.

why can he not understand that you cannot be this open in the premier league?

Fully agree, Andy had earned his place based on the last game’s performances , Kabak and Hanley have not been a good pairing today