chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Watford (H)(PL) ****

No fight, no clue, utter shambles. The questions have to start, 15 no win! Awful! A decent squad  I think, but the question is.....has Daniel taken us as far as he can? 

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Jurgen, Conte, Pep to replace him? No, likely Hughton or similar. Be careful what you wish for.

If there was a vacancy then clearly Eddie Howe would be high up the list. 

• Like 1

Starting to wonder of Farke is the managerial equivalent of Robert Earnshaw or Jordan Rhodes. Dominant at Championship level, cant adjust to the top flight. 

8 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

How is Gilmour still on the pitch? He's too small, too weak and too slow to play central midfield for a lower PL team, him lining up against Sissoko and Kucka is hilariously mismatched. Bringing Normann off instead is truly baffling. 

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Wondering why so many are so certain this squad can stay up?

Krul, Aarons, Hanley, McClean, Pukki all failed previously.

Rasicha + Sargent went down last season.

Lets be right, no one had heard of Tzolis or Normann before we signed them.

Or is it because they cost money, that we expect the squad to stay up?

Only they didn’t really cost money in premiership terms. They were expensive by championship standards. 

1 minute ago, RugbyCanary said:

No fight, no clue, utter shambles. The questions have to start, 15 no win! Awful! A decent squad  I think, but the question is.....has Daniel taken us as far as he can? 

Any other manager at any other club would have been long gone.. FACT.

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Farke has never been able to coach the team to defend, we just get away with it in the champ. 

Perhaps we can get Hughton in as an advisor.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not sure how it was on Kabak- Aarons, Williams and Kabak are all in line, Hanley is miles behind them playing King on. 

Because Kabak was the one running with the scorer and let him get away 

Just now, RugbyCanary said:

It's sh*t but to be clear it is 100%, definitely, not 15 and no win. I do not see why we can decide to ignore a whole season?

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

1-3

Worst thing is,

I'm just so emotionless about it all.

Its just futile and expected every week

I hate to have to agree. It’s games like this that I feel until Wednesday.

Sorry but this is just embarrassing and unacceptable. Farke has to take his share of the blame here. Awful defending. We won’t win a game unless he can stop us being so easy to play through. 

So how is Hanley playing, after Farke defended him so vehemently in his recent press conference?

Surprised Omo got dropped as I believed he played well against Arsenal.

1 minute ago, Helsinki canary said:

15 games with no points in this league is absolutely not acceptable and the manager has to take the blame. This team is good enough but not with this manager

Must agree. I love him for what he's achieved with the club but ..      .......

It's clear now, and I love what Farke has done for us, but it's clear he hasn't got the tools for this level, whether his own ability or what we've given him. So we either now accept up and down playing the right way but never ever staying up and getting slagged off by all and sundry until one season we don't come back, or we say thank you very much and goodbye but we have to do that now. 

It's all very depressing. 

Questions need to be asked about farke. This 433 don’t work. A lot of new players but exactly the same problems. How often have we said we need more physically in midfield only to have gilmour as our starter 

2 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Seriously questioning Farke now. 5 more games for me. He needs to go if things don't change sharply

Farke takes Normann off who seemed to be doing ok, gets McLean to do defensive midfielder and hey presto! he gifts it to Watford. 

Why has he changed the formation, why drop Andy o after a man of the match display, why can’t they do defensive basics.

why can he not understand that you cannot be this open in the premier league?

Defending isn’t just about the 4 at the back (who have been a shambles) it’s a team effort and starts from the front. The depressing lack of high press to try and win the ball back on the opponent’s half is nothing short of heart breaking for me