chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Watford (H)(PL) ****

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

And there's Norway that assist should go unmentioned. 😉

Norway man (I don’t know what accent I thought that in)

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

It's so worrying how we just can't deal with pacy players who can dribble a bit. I know they cause all teams problems but against us they always look like world beaters. It shouldn't be that easy to completely unpick a PL level team, there is something wrong tactically for a player like Sarr to be able to run rings around us so easily. 

Watford are pretty bad to be honest, one of the poorer PL teams I've seen in recent times, but because of such simplistic things like pace and strength they are able to completely dominate us and that shouldn't happen. 

You’re right, it’s far too easy 

Mixed performance.

Kabak I blame for the goal, not brave or physical enough. Hanley has been caught out too many times for my liking. Williams again impressive despite the goal coming from his side. Aarons ok. Krul with a big save.

Normann has grown into the game, lovely pass/vision for the goal on a par with those from his Youtube highlights. Hope to see this throughout the season. 

Gilmour pretty anonymous, McLean has done ok.

Rashica not offered a great deal, Pukki has done his thing. Sargent's energy has been very welcome.

Grown into the game I feel after quite a nervous start. Hope it continues

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

This a serious question? Being turned far to easily by Sarr several times for a start.

You singled him out, whole defence is being too easily overrun I’m not sure Hanley is the weak link personally.

Edited by Monty13

I was literally about to say, am I the only one who doesn't really get Gilmour, but see a couple above also share the same. He has talent but I don't get the hype. I'd rather PLM in the team than him.

How was that not a yellow card? A blatant foul on the player with no attempt to play the ball. The reff should do better to set the tone.

Edited by CirclePoint

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Mixed performance.

Kabak I blame for the goal, not brave or physical enough. Hanley has been caught out too many times for my liking. Williams again impressive despite the goal coming from his side. Aarons ok. Krul with a big save.

Normann has grown into the game, lovely pass/vision for the goal on a par with those from his Youtube highlights. Hope to see this throughout the season. 

Gilmour pretty anonymous, McLean has done ok.

Rashica not offered a great deal, Pukki has done his thing. Sargent's energy has been very welcome.

Grown into the game I feel after quite a nervous start. Hope it continues

Krul, Williams, Normann and Sargent the picks for me so far.

OTBC

7 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

What a strange question!?

Personally I think that referring to celebrities or sports stars by their first name is very strange, unless you known them personally, they are royalty or they are branded in such a way like 'Adele'.

It is strange you calling Josh Sargent "Josh" if you don't know him, if he isn't your friend or colleague, do you see newspaper journalists doing this?

Not a strange question, just questioning your strangeness. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I was literally about to say, am I the only one who doesn't really get Gilmour, but see a couple above also share the same. He has talent but I don't get the hype. I'd rather PLM in the team than him.

Looks like he needed a season in the champs first, like Skipp. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

How the **** was that a foul by Aarons??????. 

With the missed yellow on the Watford captain at the start of the half and that awful call on Arrons, I’m starting to worry about the reff.

Edited by CirclePoint

100% not a blatant penalty.

EDIT - To clarify, I do not believe that it was blatant, but definitely could have been a penalty. I am a bit old school, and hate the phrase "there was contact", as it's a contact sport.

Edited by All the Germans

Even Kris Boyd on Soccer Saturday is now questioning the ref, and saying he can't understand how Rose hasn't been booked yet and that he was very lucky re the pen appeal and that not just the ref but also VAR have 'missed' one.

• Like 1