chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Watford (H)(PL) ****

Want some fish with that chip?

Second goal's often more important than the first. Let's see if momentum turns our way.

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

You've gone quite early Keith; here's hoping you look a tw*t (or even more so of one than normal).

OTBC

No hoping required.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Great ball and composed finnish

And there's Norway that assist should go unmentioned. 😉

Decent first half, Kenny is quiet. Hanley has been a liability. Normann looks a class signing and Josh is really impressing me, working really well with Pukki

See the Gilmor v Kucka "challenge" for a perfect example of what I've been talking about in regards to smaller players not being allowed to compete for challenges because the ref will always side with the bigger player in 50/50 challenges

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

Decent first half, Kenny is quiet. Hanley has been a liability. Normann looks a class signing and Josh is really impressing me, working really well with Pukki

Any reason why you refer to some players by their first name and some players by their surname? 

Just now, Jsim1986 said:

The midfield has been 'absent'. Grew into the half though. Liking Sargent, normann looks a solid signing. Gilmore....want to see more. McLean very quiet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

I think the first and only time I heard Kenny’s named mentioned was around the 40 minute mark.

2 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

The midfield has been 'absent'. Grew into the half though. Liking Sargent, normann looks a solid signing. Gilmore....want to see more. McLean very quiet

Looks like Kenny is acclimatising to playing a slightly different role, as you're both right - he has been unusually quiet.

Another very mixed bag that!

Thought we were well on top when they scored. Then roles reversed for the equaliser, we’d capitulated somewhat prior to scoring and you could feel the mood of the stadium starting to turn a bit, so the goal could not have came at a better time! Great finish too from Pukki.

Sargent has been excellent IMO, been head and shoulders our best player so far.

Its just scary how easy it is for them to attack us, all at sea whenever they come down our left hand side, a bit embarrassing at times it must be said.

I’m not sure if the crowd is helping so much, the players keep getting carried away in the press and as soon as they get through we’re in deep do do.

It just seems like we have to work so unbelievably hard to carve out meaningful chances, and at the other end it’s 2 or 3 passes and they’re in behind us with a clear chance on goal. 

This side hasn’t scored since the opening day yet they had 3 clear cut chances in that first half and scored 1, we need to wise up and sharpen up!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Any reason why you refer to some players by their first name and some players by their surname? 

What a strange question!?

• Like 1

I'm really liking the look of Sargent so far, really fights for every ball and draws in fouls when need be. 

We got the equaliser so hopefully we can push on from that in the 2nd half, both teams getting in behind quite easily and Dennis and Sarr are doing their part for Watford.

Entertaining game so far but one that we really need to win.

It's so worrying how we just can't deal with pacy players who can dribble a bit. I know they cause all teams problems but against us they always look like world beaters. It shouldn't be that easy to completely unpick a PL level team, there is something wrong tactically for a player like Sarr to be able to run rings around us so easily. 

Watford are pretty bad to be honest, one of the poorer PL teams I've seen in recent times, but because of such simplistic things like pace and strength they are able to completely dominate us and that shouldn't happen. 

• Like 1

Very open at the back. Not sure if it's the formation or the personnel. 

Expecting a few more goals in the second half, hopefully not at our end. 

7 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

How has Hanley been a liability exactly?

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Hesgoals is pretty reliable and there’s a new Reddit streaming thread for suggestions. Sadly I need to finish building a new shed first. ☹️

Hesgoal went down around 40mins 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

I think the first and only time I heard Kenny’s named mentioned was around the 40 minute mark.

McLean has been okay, no less involved than our other two CMs 

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Very open at the back. Not sure if it's the formation or the personnel. 

Expecting a few more goals in the second half, hopefully not at our end. 

Getting creamed on the overlap down the right 

Just now, Monty13 said:

How has Hanley been a liability exactly?

This a serious question? Being turned far to easily by Sarr several times for a start.