Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

It’s Match Day

How excited is everyone and have many started pre kick off rituals yet? Gorgeous day here in the East Midland (washing on the line already) and my pub crawl commences at 2pm. 

For all those attending raise your scarf up high and everyone else be patient when searching for a decent stream. Looking forward to a winning report from Ricardo and the feel good factor returning to this board. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm ****ting myself to be honest

Oh no.....hope you haven't eaten the same pre-match meal as our players?!!.....

• Haha 1

Really looking forward to it. To be honest I was bored with a lot of the one sided matches last season, and even Liverpool was a bit, you know, 'inevitable'. Leicester was a good game and I was frustrated we didn't go for it more.

Today is immense, still only 3 points at stake, but feels so much more. I'm expecting a nervy scrappy game, probably a draw, or one goal win either way.

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just pop a pair of these on with elasticated jeans.No one will know and the confidence to enjoy the day will overwhelm you quickly. 

image.jpeg.331edb506a66d10586a4dc1d453c413c.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just pop a pair of these on with elasticated jeans.No one will know and the confidence to enjoy the day will overwhelm you quickly. 

image.jpeg.331edb506a66d10586a4dc1d453c413c.jpeg

You can also borrow my bicycle clips.....you'll get used to the chafing inner thighs an' swish, swish, swish as you walk purposefully away from Carra......(bit whiffy though)....

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

You can also borrow my bicycle clips.....you'll get used to the chafing inner thighs an' swish, swish, swish as you walk purposefully away from Carra......(bit whiffy though)....

Another positive of mask wearing then in communal areas, everyone’s a winner. 

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm not so worried about it, its only a game but if we have any chance of survival, we have to get 3 points today. Anything else and we are not good enough to go on a winning run of games to get us out of trouble.

On 18/09/2021 at 09:38, Yellow Green Army said:

Feeling confident. Norwich to win 3-1. Pukki to score from open play.

We will be feeling happier than this little fella at the final whistle. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

2 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Hopeful rather than confident. My three year old will be wearing her 'saturday top' 🙂. 2-1 win, tzolis and dowell!

Coventry or Leicester fans mainly in Rugby? 

Flying back from Croatia, at the airport now. Should be in the car for kick off and tuned into a twitch feed for live Norfolk commentary, not told the wife yet! But it's going to happen. 

Feeling relaxed about it... It's only a game of football.... Fancy a line up that noone agrees upon and a win. Daniel is the right one to push us onwards... Will be proved today..

Edited by Norfolk Dan
'cause I can

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Coventry or Leicester fans mainly in Rugby? 

Neither......lol. play it, I'm between Worcester and Birmingham. Should be playing Evesham today but stuffed my back at the gym. So beer and settee day! 😉😉🍻

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How excited is everyone and have many started pre kick off rituals yet? Gorgeous day here in the East Midland (washing on the line already) and my pub crawl commences at 2pm. 

I was quite excited when I woke up this morning; luckily, the missus saw to that, af af!

Had a curry last night so the inevitable end to that occurred moments ago.

Not exactly pre-match rituals but I just felt in the mood to share.

Time to get 3 points on the board.

YEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWSSSSSSS!

OTBC

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I was quite excited when I woke up this morning; luckily, the missus saw to that, af af!

Had a curry last night so the inevitable end to that occurred moments ago.

Not exactly pre-match rituals but I just felt in the mood to share.

Time to get 3 points on the board.

YEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWSSSSSSS!

OTBC

Sounds messy! I think she’s in for further treats later after our first win. 

It's going to be intense today, one of those games like the home game against against Preston 3 years ago, where we battled to a win to kick start the season. Fans will help us today, I'm sure and it should be a great atmosphere. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

It's going to be intense today, one of those games like the home game against against Preston 3 years ago, where we battled to a win to kick start the season. Fans will help us today, I'm sure and it should be a great atmosphere. 

Are you wearing the hat during the match Lakey? 

Anyone else feel that knowing Watford they are going to do all they can to bully us and kick us around? They have a very big, strong and physical team.. And we always struggle with that. Please start Normann Farke!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

TBH, more nervous than I have been for any game yet this season as we should have a good chance of getting something.

I always get worried in circumstances like this that fans will overreact to a negative result - we are still work in progress and whilst we have to get it right quickly, seeing today as "a must win" is a gross over-simplification.

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Are you wearing the hat during the match Lakey? 

No longer have it!

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone else feel that knowing Watford they are going to do all they can to bully us and kick us around? They have a very big, strong and physical team.. And we always struggle with that. Please start Normann Farke!

Normann Farke?  Have we signed one of Daniel's relatives? 🤔

Edited by lake district canary
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wasn't Normann Farke one of the vikings that invaded Cromer way back when?

Norman Wisdom did a summer season on the pier. 

Hopeful, but not confident. We did show some signs of it coming together against Leicester and Arsenal, and a week of training with the new lads should get them close. Watford will wait for the counter via Sarr, so I'd prefer Williams at LB instead of Giannoulis considering how he did against Pepe last week.

It'll be a game that ebbs and flows a bit. I reckon we'll have a twenty-minute spell somewhere where we absolutely batter them, but it's about if we're able to take advantage of it and stay in shape when they inevitably come on themselves.

1-1 or 2-1 to us, I think.

It’s amazing how big this game feels so early in the season. But being the only team in the four divisions on zero points makes getting something out of this essential. Win and we are off - draw and we have at least broken the terrible 14 game losing streak- lose and it really will seem dark. Massive game. Come on you yellows!