Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Derby to enter administration

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Lack of a stinking rich Chinese owner is coming back to bite them on the butt

Mel Morris allegedly pumped £200 million into the club. Always seemed like a bit of retirement home for players who had accepted they couldn't make it in the Premiership.

58 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Shocker. Feel sorry for the Derby fans.

Quite, just supporting their local team. A 12 point deduction probably means relegation.

What goes around comes around. Nobody lives forever.

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Lack of a stinking rich Chinese owner is coming back to bite them on the butt

You do realise who their owner is? Maybe google Candy Crush.

Edited by Nuff Said

Forest, Derby, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Bolton, Portsmouth, Charlton and Ipswich. Could be an interesting League 1 next year. 

Absolutely farcical that they avoided a point deduction last season. Feel for the fans but they deserve to go down. Feel for Rooney as well, can't think of anyone in recent history that's had a tougher first management gig!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Forest, Derby, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Bolton, Portsmouth, Charlton and Ipswich. Could be an interesting League 1 next year. 

You think Ipswich won't have been relegated by then?

Edited by Number9
  • Like 1

Without looking at the respective fan's forums, I guess Wycombe, Rotherham and Sheff Wed fans, couldn't give a hoot (at best).

Also, some fans/pundits who take the rip out of how we are run, may (MAY!) re think and appreciate why we do what we do? Then again.......

They are getting a points deduction anyway so clearly decided to do this at the same time for whatever reason, presumably to make them more saleable?

27 minutes ago, AJ said:

Absolutely farcical that they avoided a point deduction last season. Feel for the fans but they deserve to go down. Feel for Rooney as well, can't think of anyone in recent history that's had a tougher first management gig!

It is farcical, and they still may be getting a points penalty for that this season as well, but, I wouldn't feel too sorry for Mr Rooney, he's been getting his 90k per week throughout this ...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

League 1 will have nothing to do with Ipswich next season, and no I don't mean because they'll have been promoted... 

We're so very fortunate that even over a decade ago when at our lowest ebb, our magnificent club has never ever even come near, or anywhere close to administration...... 

12 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

We're so very fortunate that even over a decade ago when at our lowest ebb, our magnificent club has never ever even come near, or anywhere close to administration...... 

It did when we went down to league one. David McNally confirmed it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It did when we went down to league one. David McNally confirmed it.

Reeeeaaaally?........ Murder games ... | Life and style | The Guardian.......Who'd have thought.....eh?.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Reeeeaaaally?........ Murder games ... | Life and style | The Guardian.......Who'd have thought.....eh?.....

I mean, we would have had options like selling land and the stadium and whatever but if McNally hadn’t re-organised the debt when we were in league one we would have been in some serious doodoo 

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I mean, we would have had options like selling land and the stadium and whatever but if McNally hadn’t re-organised the debt when we were in league one we would have been in some serious doodoo 

I await the rising from their slumber of the club protectionists to tell us the real troof.....because they know.....they know.....Male Guard of Security Guards To Stop Stock Vector - Illustration of male,  alert: 119301278

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

You do realise who their owner is? Maybe google Candy Crush.

Oops, googled Cherry Crush......a different flavour altogether.😉👍😇 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Very much doubt Sunderland will still be in League One next season and Bolton are on the way back also. Derby will go with the points deduction but I would still wager Forest will get out of the relegation scrap under a new manager.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

It was Alan Bowkett not McNasty.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

It was Alan Bowkett not McNasty.

There is as some serious bank shmoosing going on even delia got carted out to try and smooth it over I heard

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

They are getting a points deduction anyway so clearly decided to do this at the same time for whatever reason, presumably to make them more saleable?

The reasons are pretty obvious: if they were going to get a points deduction anyway administration means that they will only have to off only a small proportion of their non-football debts - something like 20% - I can't remember exactly.

Mel Morris will lose control of the club, but will no longer have to keep shelling out for wages etc. Meanwhile Derby sold the ground to him a couple of years ago, so he will still get something back as new buyers of DCFC will either have to buy the ground from him or lease it.

23 minutes ago, Badger said:

The reasons are pretty obvious: if they were going to get a points deduction anyway administration means that they will only have to off only a small proportion of their non-football debts - something like 20% - I can't remember exactly.

Mel Morris will lose control of the club, but will no longer have to keep shelling out for wages etc. Meanwhile Derby sold the ground to him a couple of years ago, so he will still get something back as new buyers of DCFC will either have to buy the ground from him or lease it.

Doesn't this all stink of corruption and lack of care for the club?  Was Morris gambling it's well being by as many underhand schemes as possible, knowing that when the sh*t hits the fan, he'll be alright jack because he bought the stadium and set it up separately from the club? 

So grateful we have the set up we have now, no possibility of underhand or careless dealings of rich egos who don't really care about their club, only about looking after themselves. I know some say that administration is not such a big deal, but it's not something I would ever want to see at Norwich.

Adminstration should be a last resort and people that led it there if  through greed or negligence, held to account much more than they seem to be. Morris will walk away with nothing to worry about, leaving a club on it's knees.

Hypothetically then.....If we unfortunately as a last resort had to go into administration over a decade ago.....Who would have been held to account at NCFC and would they still be at the club?......

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Morris will walk away with nothing to worry about, leaving a club on it's knees.

He is rumoured to have "invested" £200 million in the club, so although he will get some back from owning the ground he will have lost out overall.

He is a textbook example of why rich fan owners go wrong - "just one more (usually aging) player, will make all the difference;" "just one more quick fix." "I want results and I want them now!"

It just doesn't work that simply in football - having the money actually perverts the natural process of club development and as we have seen, so many clubs end up much weaker.

A club Derby's size would have been promoted ages ago if they had built steadily rather than going for what they thought was "the easy route." Ditto Forest and many others.

• Like 2