cambridgeshire canary

Farkes angry rant 'Rupp should be first on the team sheet'

I never like singling players out, although we all touch on it occasionally.

Some make a habit of it, some even need a permanent scapegoat.

That it has come to this is even worse.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Guess we're progressing though, if a guy with over 100 bundesliga appareances and a Norwich promotion on his CV is the scapegoat.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 1

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Guess we're progressing though, if a guy with over 100 bundesliga appareances and a Norwich promotion on his CV is the skapegoat.

Absolutely. It was James Husband at the start of his reign. Even our scapegoats are Champs winners now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Its called a joke based upon me making a thread somewhat critical of Ruup and then just a few days later Farke publicly defends him and goes on about him 'not being a fan favorite'

Is there a reason you keep misspelling Rupp?

It’s a very strange rant. Farke must have been made aware of comments about these players by someone else based on the way he came primed with this rant. Not sure it’s a great sign. Smacks a bit of the usual “blame the fans” nonsense when to be honest there has really been very little abuse or criticism of the players and I’m sure wouldn’t be tomorrow either (at least not unless we turn in a rubbish performance).

Daniel needs to do his bit though by picking the right team with Normann and Gilmour in it. 

He is really the one making a big think of this snd building it into something it’s not, I highly doubt Rupp is even aware of fans on social media saying he shouldn’t be starting (and that’s all they are saying).

1 hour ago, Yellow Wal said:

The problem is that we have too many supporters watching games who see nothing.

.........or too many who never watch games seeing everything ?

• Like 2

At least the focus on Rupp takes the attention away from Cantwell. Wonder what he thinks of being benched, probably not as easy going as Rupp.

As in all games I only support the players, anyone booing or moaning during is not helping.

After games, I like everyone else has their opinion on players. IMO Rupp is ok. Not great not bad. A consistent 6/10.

It seems Farke is trying to create a siege mentality. Isn't the first won't be the last.

I'd go with Lakeys team but keep in Hanley. Thought the back four did well at Arsenal. 

Krul needs to get his kicking sorted though...

Ultimately results will dictate fans reaction.

Keep losing premier league matches and we have every right to question team selections

2 seasons ago our midfield containing Rupp (and McLean for that matter) were not good enough and this summer required a major upgrade.

If they continue to be picked ahead of the likes of Gilmour , Lees Melou and Normann, then these players must be considered poor signings if theyre apparantly no better than what we already had

• Like 1

For Farke to drop Cantwell at Arsenal, when he wasn't away on international duty showed that he wasn't impressed with his training... 

He's being disingenuous here. Nobody expects Rupp to play like Ronaldo or Buendia, we know the role he plays. It's just that he's a very physically weak player and is too easy to shrug off the ball. Almost every Watford player is 6ft + and extremely fast, we know he works hard and helps his team mates but he will get bullied too easily.

Watford will compete man to man, win the ball back then break on us at lightening pace like all other Pl teams do. If Rupp wins it back he'll either get shrugged off the ball again, try to play a through pass that none of our front line are quick or strong enough to latch onto because he can't play them inch perfect or play a simple back ball to our CB's allowing Watford to get back into position. 

To get results in this league you need to win the midfield battle, then counter attack in the blink of an eye, Rupp is not the player you want in a team that tries to do that, that's why he gets grief. I have nothing against him personally or as a player, but I have a problem with why we signed him and how we keep trying to play him, it's like we're stubbornly refusing to accept the reality of this league. We'd be so much better off with a Sorenson or Normann who can compete physically then play clever forward passes because they have the technique to do so. 

Possession football and trying to pass our way through teams has got to stop, until we can establish ourselves and sign better players it simply won't work. We need to start winning battles and breaking quickly and Rupp can't play in a team like that at this level.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Its called a joke based upon me making a thread somewhat critical of Ruup and then just a few days later Farke publicly defends him and goes on about him 'not being a fan favorite'

Like I said, ego

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He is really the one making a big think of this snd building it into something it’s not, I highly doubt Rupp is even aware of fans on social media saying he shouldn’t be starting (and that’s all they are saying).

I think Farke knows what he's doing. He has to consider the morale of the whole group after a hard start. He also has to deal with the possibility of us not winning tomorrow, our fans having a meltdown, and still picking up the team afterwards to go again.

He has a hundred odd things to think about and is an intelligent individual. He will know exactly what he's doing.

I remember the stick some on here gave him for not starting Emi and Cantwell last season with their heads turned. Again, he played that to perfection and made plenty on here look as daft as I thought.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

are you sure that's his name?

If you're going to pretend to quote him, can you, you know, actually quote him? You do it every time.

There is a difference between

"Should be the first on the team sheet"

and

"...if you would ask the players who train with him every day he would be the first player on the team sheet."

What is Rupp?  

He’s never scored a goal as far as I remember in a league game. Can anybody supply us with his assists to games ratio? Low if not zero I’d expect.

The above in mind that must make him some sort of defensive midfielder. An area we have all including the club been insisting we need to strengthen. Which we are told Norman has been brought in for.

So unless we’re playing Rupp and Norman together which would surely be a creative disaster and assuming we didn’t bring in Norman to play second fiddle Rupp is a bench warmer when we are up to full strength. 

Or we sacrifice even more creativity and play both, but we don’t create enough already so who can see that. 

Rupp is a play we have no place for really. And I doubt any other premiership or top flight team in Europe would have either!

How long have people on this board been saying we need a plan B?

I cannot believe that the personnel and the system we used at Arsenal are going to be the basis of our play this season.

We were playing away to a team that is beginning to get all their players back and who have more quality players than most. We played a fairly defensive 433. I am waiting to see a more direct attacking formation against lesser opposition. We now have the players for that. I can see Rupp playing when we want to keep it tight but not when we look to attack more.

In other words, I feel that Rupp is part of the Plan B that so many people have been crying out for.

38 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

What is Rupp?

38 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Rupp is a play we have no place for

We could forego the stage and run it as an open air performance in the yard perhaps?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Rupp is better than McLean IMO. Farke spot on for me.

Very different players. At our level we have to pick horses for courses 100% sure McLean will play more games this season than Rupp though purely on his physical attributes and his strength in the air 

4 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

If Rupp starts then you really need to question the management. Normann is clearly fit and ready, he should be starting tomorrow, it really is a must win game - don't care what anyone says.

Rupp offers nothing at all but running. It's like Worthy with Gary Holt in the Prem all over again.

It's comments like this he is talking about. Why has it got to be Rupp that makes way? Why not one of the others? Return to a 4-2-3-1?

Krul
Aarons, Hanley, Omobamidele, Williams
Rupp, Normann
Rashica, Cantwell, Tzolis
Pukki

For example. Could easily shove PLM in there instead of Cantwell as he played more advanced for Nice. Gary Holt was decent for us in the Prem. We missed out that year, not because of defensive frailties, but we failed to score enough goals resulting in a lot of draws. If you ever hear the likes of Drury or Huckerby talking about it, they will often say the game against Palace is where they feel things slipped. That, and not buying Ashton in the summer rather than January. Literally one goal, in any of the draws before he arrived, would have kept us up. Those were the margins. Gary Holt was no worse a player than Tettey in that role.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

For Farke to drop Cantwell at Arsenal, when he wasn't away on international duty showed that he wasn't impressed with his training... 

Or was it that if Tzolis hadn't been injured, after his cup exploits, he would have started instead of Cantwell?

It is also about Farke getting some PL time into untested legs, get their baptisms, get them tasting it a bit, wanting more. Keeps other players on their toes. Tzolis is going to give you better defensive cover I feel, seems a bit of a bustler. Broad shoulders, happy to get stuck in. Was desperate to play Vs Arsenal as Farke has said. 

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We've been here before haven't we? The club even did a bit of a campaign about online negativity and bullying with players admitting at times it can get to them.

They are humans, they'll sometimes want to know what people think of them, it won't always be good, and when it isn't, especially the younger players who are heavily criticised for their choice of barnet and not their play, are likely to be impacted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

in a very real way, we are all a Rupp, and yet - none of us are Rupp

Makes you think doesn't it?

I am Rupp and so is my wife.... 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

This feels like a philosophy question...

What is Rupp?

"Tis better to have Rupped and lost than never to have Rupp at all"

Daniel Lord Farkyson

Edited by Google Bot
After much debate i settled with 'rupped'
  • Like 1