cambridgeshire canary

Farkes angry rant 'Rupp should be first on the team sheet'

Some interesting comments from Farke today, aimed at certain posters on here it seems.. And he's calling me out! 😉

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-daniel-farke-passion-critics-watford-8333938

'Grant Hanley is a massive rock for us last season. Our club captain. So important for us. Of course as a defender, when the team concedes goals you are sometimes involved. But it is important we are not critical.We need these player to lead. You can go through each and every position.  

(On Ruup) I know he is not a fan favourite. Sometimes there are some groans when he is in the starting line up but believe me if you would ask the players who train with him every day he would be the first player on the team sheet. 

No other outfield player has the experience he has at the top level, or covers more ground than Lukas, or wins back more possession at this level than Lukas.

If you watch the Arsenal game carefully the number of defensive situations he repaired, or how often he won the ball back, it was Oliver Skipp level. With all respect to him, I know Lukas is not playing sexy football like Cristiano (Ronaldo).

He is LR7, not CR7. He is not Emi Buendia, with his magic touch and back heels who gets supporters out of their seats. He is more like an unsung hero.  

(On Pukki)29, 11, 26. These are the numbers of goals he has scored the last seasons. I don’t want to discuss if he is the best striker in the history of this club. I leave that with the experts. But there is no doubt he is one of the best strikers this club has ever seen.

This player stuck with us when he had other opportunities after relegation.

His blood is already pretty yellow. He always delivers an unbelievable workload and he is thinking about the team with his pressing. I was a striker, it is difficult if you play a Manchester City to just run after the ball all day.

I am struggling to accept any comments that he is too poor, he has to be dropped, he is too old.'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

It's not really on here. Whilst I have my moans about some posters, it's generally fairly balanced. It's the other social media platforms he's likely referring too. 

Of course, Farke has dealt in facts in all of the above and i'm already seeing some fans getting all butt-hurt about Farke daring to ask fans to support.

• Like 2

He's spot on. 

The ignorant, moronic, lack or respect Rupp gets on here and social media is shameful.

Actually watch the games. Watch him. 

Farke has laid out why he's picked on a plate now. Even the most ignorant fan can now see exactly why he's picked and what he does. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's not really on here. Whilst I have my moans about some posters, it's generally fairly balanced. It's the other social media platforms he's likely referring too. 

Of course, Farke has dealt in facts in all of the above and i'm already seeing some fans getting all butt-hurt about Farke daring to ask fans to support.

Yeah it is significantly worse on facebook/twitter etc. The Rupp thread on here is a good example of a pretty level headed discussion about the relative merits of him as a player.

52 minutes ago, fredherring said:

He's spot on. 

The ignorant, moronic, lack or respect Rupp gets on here and social media is shameful.

Actually watch the games. Watch him. 

Farke has laid out why he's picked on a plate now. Even the most ignorant fan can now see exactly why he's picked and what he does. 

Its fine if you rate him but it isn't just fans on here who haven't been impressed so far this season.

Whoscored player rating rate him as our worst outfield player who has actually started a game so far.

I'm not saying those ratings are the be-all-end-all but just noting it isn't just 'ignorant fans' on here who aren't rating him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

So is that Rupp starting in our must win game then? 👍🏼

Sounds that way doesn't it. Farke lives and dies by his decisions and to heap such praise and then drop him might suggest he is appeasing the fans, which we know of course he wouldn't do?

To be fair to Rupp he hasn't been our most ineffective midfield player by a long way, but I would be amazed if Normann doesn't start.

Pretty sure I summed up how he's valuable in the Rupp thread. Maybe I should be the next manager? 😉

We'll see, but all that praise and calls for support for Hanley, Gibson, Rupp and Pukki could mean they may not be in the starting line-up tomorrow........

I'm now expecting - 

Krul

Aarons  Omobamidele Kabak Williams

Gilmour  Normann  McLean

Rashica       Sargent or Idah         Tzolis         

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

for me the comments put extra pressure on these players to perform ! i cant see Rupp nor Gibson starting. 

If Rupp starts then you really need to question the management. Normann is clearly fit and ready, he should be starting tomorrow, it really is a must win game - don't care what anyone says.

Rupp offers nothing at all but running. It's like Worthy with Gary Holt in the Prem all over again.

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

If Rupp starts then you really need to question the management. Normann is clearly fit and ready, he should be starting tomorrow, it really is a must win game - don't care what anyone says.

Rupp offers nothing at all but running. It's like Worthy with Gary Holt in the Prem all over again.

100% nail on head although (from memory) I thought said player didn't feature anywhere near as much that season as I assumed he would although I would need to go back and check the stats for confirmation (or correction)! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sounds that way doesn't it. Farke lives and dies by his decisions and to heap such praise and then drop him might suggest he is appeasing the fans, which we know of course he wouldn't do?

To be fair to Rupp he hasn't been our most ineffective midfield player by a long way, but I would be amazed if Normann doesn't start.

It wouldn’t be the hill I’d choose to die on for sure.

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

100% nail on head although (from memory) I thought said player didn't feature anywhere near as much that season as I assumed he would although I would need to go back and check the stats for confirmation (or correction)! 

Gary Holt started pretty much every game that season until the final few - he was finally dropped for the Man Utd game and replaced by Safri who had been signed at the start of that season, and also Edworthy (another player clearly out of his depth) was dropped from right back for Helveg and suddenly we went on a winning run in our final few games. And as we all know, it was far too late.

I understand the feelings behind Rupp et al. But, for this game I would question IF normann doesn't get the nod. I get the reasoning behind Rupp, pukki, Hanley etc. But..........but the midfield has been ok at best and if nothing is willing to change then maybe ask why? But not yet. A 3 just doesn't work (imo). Let's see before lynching him! 😜

18 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Pretty sure I summed up how he's valuable in the Rupp thread. Maybe I should be the next manager? 😉

In the Championship yes, think you've still got some work to do to sell him as a starter at this level.

3 minutes ago, Sifive said:

for me the comments put extra pressure on these players to perform ! i cant see Rupp nor Gibson starting. 

No way Gibson starts against their pace, if he does then Farke hasn't read the opposition too well.

Mentioning players like Pukki, Rupp and Gibson could simply mean that he's starting without either on Saturday and wanted to be clear publicly that he has absolute faith in them still.  So this can be read either way.

Myself, I think it's nothing to do with team selections but reacting to known criticism of players that he finds unjust. 

This may have even come about in an open session whereby players discuss where their heads are at.  I'd imagine most players get frustrated seeing their own supporters hassling a team-mate.  So all this targeting affects them all, not just the intended.

Actually, is anyone else thinking here that here's a partial explanation of why SÜrensen hasn't got the starts? Farke praises Rupp's workrate and defensive diligence with his ability to get the ball back, and praises his training performance. We know SÜrensen is not a crash/bang/wallop defensive midfielder who piles into a tackle like Skipp did, but he showed at left-back that he likes to pick off a ball and run with it.

Maybe Farke sees Rupp slightly ahead of SĂśrensen there?

If rupp plays then it needs to be in a 4-2-3-1 with someone like Dowell in at number 10.

The problem so far has been the 4-3-3 with 3 defensive minded midfielders not getting forwards enough and pressing high enough to help Pukki out. Most people don't have any problems with the players per se, just realise they are limited to what they can do and so the system needs to be right.

We only get 1 crack at 2021/22 season so really we need to use our best players and tactics regardless on what they've done before either at Norwich or elsewhere. Hopefully Farke takes emotion out of his team selection. We'd all love Rupp to go in and bag a hattrick of assists for Pukki tomorrow but there's got to be some realism. We've spent ÂŁ50m on quality competition so the expectation levels should be high or the next fella gets a go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Some interesting comments from Farke today, aimed at certain posters on here it seems.. And he's calling me out! 😉

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-daniel-farke-passion-critics-watford-8333938

'Grant Hanley is a massive rock for us last season. Our club captain. So important for us. Of course as a defender, when the team concedes goals you are sometimes involved. But it is important we are not critical.We need these player to lead. You can go through each and every position.  

(On Ruup) I know he is not a fan favourite. Sometimes there are some groans when he is in the starting line up but believe me if you would ask the players who train with him every day he would be the first player on the team sheet. 

No other outfield player has the experience he has at the top level, or covers more ground than Lukas, or wins back more possession at this level than Lukas.

If you watch the Arsenal game carefully the number of defensive situations he repaired, or how often he won the ball back, it was Oliver Skipp level. With all respect to him, I know Lukas is not playing sexy football like Cristiano (Ronaldo).

He is LR7, not CR7. He is not Emi Buendia, with his magic touch and back heels who gets supporters out of their seats. He is more like an unsung hero.  

(On Pukki)29, 11, 26. These are the numbers of goals he has scored the last seasons. I don’t want to discuss if he is the best striker in the history of this club. I leave that with the experts. But there is no doubt he is one of the best strikers this club has ever seen.

This player stuck with us when he had other opportunities after relegation.

His blood is already pretty yellow. He always delivers an unbelievable workload and he is thinking about the team with his pressing. I was a striker, it is difficult if you play a Manchester City to just run after the ball all day.

I am struggling to accept any comments that he is too poor, he has to be dropped, he is too old.'

Farke is calling you out? That's some ego you've got

15 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Farke is calling you out? That's some ego you've got

Its called a joke based upon me making a thread somewhat critical of Ruup and then just a few days later Farke publicly defends him and goes on about him 'not being a fan favorite'