Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Zimmerman & Placheta still out

My gut feeling is we were struggling with this trust and backing ourselves in the past decades at this level to go our own way with our model. 

Would someone please translate this from Farke drivel into plain English for me? 

A 15 minute soliloquy comes across better than telling 5% of the fanbase to grow the **** up tbh.

Didn't he do something similar towards the beginning of last season

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

I would go further , being a home game against one of the promoted sides it has to be a home win 

Don't disagree. Didn't want to upset those fans who don't seem to like the confrontation and importance of such fixtures. Personally I love them.

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

I agree with you on the whole , but my goodness there are some fanbases which contain many more wallies ... in the northern part of the country...and the western part... and... 😉

Well , if you're a Norwich fan and are able to get a ticket for the game, you should be roaring your team on !!!

Farke should thank his lucky stars he's managing Norwich as no other club would tolerate 14 successive defeats in the PL!

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Farke should thank his lucky stars he's managing Norwich as no other club would tolerate 14 successive defeats in the PL!

We can be a bit moany but we're one of the most passive fan bases in the country when it comes to actual vocal criticism. 

• Like 2

Outside of the Farke rant/soliloquy (delete as appropriate) I'm starting to believe Zimmerman is a bit cooked at this point- he just cannot seem to stay fit and thus never builds the match fitness/momentum to actually see if he's still got it. Shame. 

Farke's clearly decided to get a bit of a "world's against us" schtick going on to really fire his men up. Fairly unusual for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Farke's clearly decided to get a bit of a "world's against us" schtick going on to really fire his men up. Fairly unusual for him.

I think he was being pretty genuine in trying to light a fire under the fanbase, less so the squad. If it was about the team he wouldn't have spent half of it defending them and he'd have spent more time talking about how the media and other teams' fans were viewing us.

What I heard was Norwich fans don't believe they should be in the premier league so they fold as soon as they hit the smallest bump in the road. Seemed to be a bit annoyed at people that enjoy trashing players too, especially considering circumstances of pre season and the teams we've played.

• Like 2

A 13 minute monologue from Daniel on the pitch with a mic, though, would just fit in nicely with the half-time timing.

Monologue or not, we want results...what's wrong with that? I'm a fan for life...but for me the result at 6 pm on saturday evening...is top of the list... Am I wrong? Should the way we play be more important to me? Nah, I want points first...style of play is important,  but not no. 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

What a silly comment , don’t know why I am even gracing it with a reply 

You know why..... Come on Freddy, search your feelings..... It's because your ego has been put in check and all you have is an insubstantial reply. No worries me old cocker spaniel. I recognize that your pony only has one trick.....complaining.

See what I did there? ..... 😉   - probably not....

3 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

No worries me old cocker spaniel

"C.ock Sparrow" you mean, surely? 😆

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

Monologue or not, we want results...what's wrong with that? I'm a fan for life...but for me the result at 6 pm on saturday evening...is top of the list... Am I wrong? Should the way we play be more important to me? Nah, I want points first...style of play is important,  but not no. 1

When I coached I would always tell my players....goals first....style points come second.

14 hours ago, Van wink said:

Mrs Fred will be hiding in the wardrobe already 

That's where she's  kept, until inflated  .😉😇👍

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

The thing is being a footballer criticism is part of the game, every club has it , it shows they are not just weak in the tackle but weak mentally as well

I take it you’d have said the same about Emma Raducanu when she dropped out of Wimbledon? Turned out ok for her pretty soon after that.

Edited by Nuff Said

14 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

That doesn't mean these players are always in the starting line up. But what we have to make sure is we stay positive, we back them and we show them respect. At Premier League level it is more difficult for Teemu to shine than in the Championship.

He definitely didn't say they are not to be dropped.

Indeed. He was pretty effusive about Sorensen at one point last season and we’ve barely seen him play since.

19 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Odd rant from Farke, is he starting to lose the plot 🤷‍♂️

Whereas others never found the plot in the first place! 😉

17 hours ago, king canary said:

We can be a bit moany but we're one of the most passive fan bases in the country when it comes to actual vocal criticism.

If this is true, and it is hard to judge, it might help explain our ability to recover from relegation. I have often thought that over critical fans have held back clubs - Newcastle being an example.

I have never been able to see how hurling abuse at players lacking confidence helps anyone.

31 minutes ago, Badger said:

If this is true, and it is hard to judge, it might help explain our ability to recover from relegation. I have often thought that over critical fans have held back clubs - Newcastle being an example.

I have never been able to see how hurling abuse at players lacking confidence helps anyone.

Not sure they are the best team to choose for that argument - two relegations and two immediate returns- but i do get the point. Wolves are an example of an expectant and demanding fanbase where you know it doesn't take much to get the crowd on their players back. So post relegation I imagine a slow start really doesnt help. 

I do think we're quite a tolerant bunch overall. I think you'd have heard a lot more 'Farke out' talk from most clubs when we went on a run of 11 straight losses. Similarly Neil got a lot of backing post relegation. I dont think that happens atthe majority of other teams, although this obviously can't be proven. 

18 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Most fans don't link up results from 2 seasons ago to now when there was a title winning season inbetween it.

• Like 1