Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Zimmerman & Placheta still out

Thread will be updated if more news comes in.

'Giannoulis is back in training and available.

Sargent is a topic for the squad.

Zimmermann is out due to an ankle injury.

Placheta is out due to symptoms of COVID-19.

We had some concerns with Sorensen and Lees-Melou but they seem to be alright.'

Let’s hope he picks our best players. We missed a rare opportunity to give Arsenal a game last week. Three points behind par already, no goals from open play, and an absolute must win tomorrow, let’s hope the players still believe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Odd rant from Farke, is he starting to lose the plot 🤷‍♂️

Nope, he's just gone native - a response as English as Nelson and Churchill. A passion up there with Henry V on the eve of Agincourt while insisting Watford isn't a must-win game (it isn't). Cry God for Harry, England and St Daniel. Love it.  👏👏👏👏👏

14 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Brilliant rant from Farke in my book and I completely agree with him. Norwich fans have always been so negative, it’s the one thing about this club that I would love to change. Why can’t we support our players and get behind them rather than be so dismissive and pessimistic all the time?

I remember my first season ticket in the City Stand as an 8 year old and getting so frustrated even then with the sheer negativity and dismissive comments of our players that I was hearing coming from those around me, I just couldn’t get my head around it.

Every club has it’s fair share of wally’s in their fanbase but we do seem to have more than anyone else.

Edited by Hoolahoop14
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Brilliant rant from Farke in my book and I completely agree with him. Norwich fans have always been so negative, it’s the one thing about this club that I would love to change. Why can’t we support our players and get behind them rather than be so dismissive and pessimistic all the time?

I remember my first season ticket in the City Stand as an 8 year old and getting so frustrated even then with the sheer negativity and dismissive comments of our players that I was hearing coming from those around me, I just couldn’t get my head around it.

Every club has it’s fair share of wally’s in their fanbase but we do seem to have more than anyone else.

Don’t know if we have more than others but agree with the sentiment of your post, and well said DF.

Hope Sargent is on topic and not off topic!

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Take it you know all about that 😉

Mrs Fred will be hiding in the wardrobe already 

7 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I agree with you on the whole , but my goodness there are some fanbases which contain many more wallies ... in the northern part of the country...and the western part... and... 😉

Well , if you're a Norwich fan and are able to get a ticket for the game, you should be roaring your team on !!!

Edited by ROBFLECK

The thing is being a footballer criticism is part of the game, every club has it , it shows they are not just weak in the tackle but weak mentally as well

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Let’s hope he picks our best players. We missed a rare opportunity to give Arsenal a game last week. Three points behind par already, no goals from open play, and an absolute must win tomorrow, let’s hope the players still believe.

I'm sure, like every week, he'll pick the team which taking everything into account he believes gives us the best chance of winning.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Poor ol Placheta been suffering by sounds of things, hope he gets feeling back to normal soon.  Seems like 3-4 weeks now?

Looking forward to seeing the video feed of Farke's rant, looked interesting based on the pinkun feed. 👍

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

it shows they are not just weak in the tackle

Sounds like a problem you've struggled with based on your posts.

• Haha 4

Really pleased Farke's come out all guns blazing at some of the ridiculous OTT criticism of his team so far, considering the fixtures played. For the most part that's not really been on here, but on social media it's been pathetic in places.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Really? Four games into the season.....really? You actually think that the players have lost belief four games in?

I would recommend that you avoid projecting your own beliefs onto the players.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Sounds like a problem you've struggled with based on your posts.

I fear it’s not been seen for sometime.

16 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The thing is being a footballer criticism is part of the game, every club has it , it shows they are not just weak in the tackle but weak mentally as well

I'm not so sure a troll or idiot criticizing a player, makes that player mentally weak.

However, I would say that those fans who constantly chose to bemoan, complain and criticize a team that they supposedly support, absolutely shows signs not only of mental frailty, but probably incontinence as well....no what I'm sayin' there Freddy?

46 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Well if he is suggesting that Rupp and Pukki are not to be dropped it makes you wonder when some of our summer signings will get a look in.

Thing is, whatever he says and whatever team he puts out some people will always moan and no, it's not creative criticism, it's just an endless meaningless whine which could be coming from anyone, whether a true supporter or not. If Pukki gets dropped 'he should've played Pukki' if Todd starts and runs himself into the ground with a brilliant performance 'he should've used Cantwell as a super sub' whatever centre back pairing or three he chooses 'he should've changed it/left it alone, shaken it all about' and so it goes on. On another thread there's been recollections of past posters who may or may not still be around. Maybes this constant grinding, carping, boring criticism of everything Norwich City is the real reason people just stay away.

So Goodbye.

21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I fear it’s not been seen for sometime.

Indeed wouldn’t be able to identify it on an identity parade if the need arose 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

I'm not so sure a troll or idiot criticizing a player, makes that player mentally weak.

However, I would say that those fans who constantly chose to bemoan, complain and criticize a team that they supposedly support, absolutely shows signs not only of mental frailty, but probably incontinence as well....no what I'm sayin' there Freddy?

What a silly comment , don’t know why I am even gracing it with a reply 

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well if he is suggesting that Rupp and Pukki are not to be dropped it makes you wonder when some of our summer signings will get a look in.

That doesn't mean these players are always in the starting line up. But what we have to make sure is we stay positive, we back them and we show them respect. At Premier League level it is more difficult for Teemu to shine than in the Championship.

He definitely didn't say they are not to be dropped.

• Thanks 1

Returning for a moment to say none of that was aimed at you Til, as might be supposed falling right after your comment re Rupp and Pukki. Hope you get to the game and enjoy. OTBC.

6 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Returning for a moment to say none of that was aimed at you Til, as might be supposed falling right after your comment re Rupp and Pukki. Hope you get to the game and enjoy. OTBC.

I will be there plus i have my Everton ticket for next week as well to keep up my 100% home and away record this season. Not forgetting Tuesday night as well.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I will be there plus i have my Everton ticket for next week as well to keep up my 100% home and away record this season. Not forgetting Tuesday night as well.

I can go one further and add that my Burnley tickets have arrived today unlike many of the overly vocal on here who don’t put their money and time where their mouth is 

Well I hope Farke is getting the players stoked up for this as it's an immense game, I cannot wait.

If it isn't a must win game then it's certainly a must not lose one imo.

The season starts tomorrow, let's hope the day after looks as good.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well I hope Farke is getting the players stoked up for this as it's an immense game, I cannot wait.

If it isn't a must win game then it's certainly a must not lose one imo.

The season starts tomorrow, let's hope the day after looks as good.

I would go further , being a home game against one of the promoted sides it has to be a home win 

Interesting comments from Farke, seems to be a bit on both sides. Players are obviously feeling it, as are the fans, unity is the way forwards and hopefully the players can deliver an early goal against Watford to help the atmosphere!