Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

COVID 19- Certification

Bit of a nothing statement to be honest. Not sure what the point is. All very half-@rsed. It's neither one thing or the other, achieves nothing but an annoyance for the fans. 

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Bit of a nothing statement to be honest. Not sure what the point is. All very half-@rsed. It's neither one thing or the other, achieves nothing but an annoyance for the fans. 

I suspect that it might be something of a "dress rehearsal" for when the EPL introduces the system fully + also gives anti-vaxers fair warning of the direction of travel.

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

It is prep in case the Government make it compulsory for anyone attending large events to have these things (negative test, vaccination etc).

Premier League being sensible in trialing it out to see how much it slows down entrance and also getting fans used to the idea they may asked for and require these things in the future. Better fans learn how to get their Covid passport etc now rather than being told it will be compulsory 48 hours before a game later in the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It is prep in case the Government make it compulsory for anyone attending large events to have these things (negative test, vaccination etc).

Premier League being sensible in trialing it out to see how much it slows down entrance and also getting fans used to the idea they may asked for and require these things in the future. Better fans learn how to get their Covid passport etc now rather than being told it will be compulsory 48 hours before a game later in the season.

That's what I figured. I'm sure to begin with it's going to be a right pain as fans don't understand and times to get in will dramatically increase. Hopefully by just doing what sounds like spot checks at the moment they can start to feel their way into it and the club can get to grips with it now in advance of like you say, it becoming a compulsory thing.

Didn't the government say it wasn't necessary last week, or was that just for nightclubs and the like?? 

In which case it's even more daft, you need to show proof of vaccine when outside where it's "safer" but not when indoors....... 

Needs some consistency, whatever the rule is. 

Just now, hogesar said:

That's what I figured. I'm sure to begin with it's going to be a right pain as fans don't understand and times to get in will dramatically increase. Hopefully by just doing what sounds like spot checks at the moment they can start to feel their way into it and the club can get to grips with it now in advance of like you say, it becoming a compulsory thing.

I suspect they may have a 10 minute period where they ask everyone for it, and see how many people get into the stadium in that time compared to normal. If it dramatically slows things down, then I can see some clubs with large stadiums having to allocate arrival times to fans so they can make sure everyone is seated by kick off. 

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

So if you're asked for proof of any jabs etc. in the announcement, and you refuse, what happens then?

By the looks of it, nothing. They say it is voluntary.

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

So if you're asked for proof of any jabs etc. in the announcement, and you refuse, what happens then?

I think you still take your seat and enjoy the match. 

I've only had 1 vaccine so far with me taking my 2nd next week. If someone asks me I'll simply refuse and carry on walking into the stadium. Happy days.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think you still take your seat and enjoy the match. 

Therefore a pointless waste of time.

A binner supporting relative ( don’t ask ) says it was not a problem, passes ready in your hand before turnstile , a quick glance by steward job done , before anyone says , yes it’s a smaller crowd but 21,000 first game did not prove problematic.

24 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Didn't the government say it wasn't necessary last week, or was that just for nightclubs and the like?? 

In which case it's even more daft, you need to show proof of vaccine when outside where it's "safer" but not when indoors....... 

Needs some consistency, whatever the rule is. 

They said that it was part of Plan B. In other words they will use it when/ if numbers go up. As there already seems to be massive strains on the NHS, I don't suspect it will take much

I suspect "holding it in reserve" rather than implementing it will be more politically acceptable to most of his his headbanger MPs and therefore smooth its transition through Pt.

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

They said that it was part of Plan B. In other words they will use it when/ if numbers go up. As there already seems to be massive strains on the NHS, I don't suspect it will take much

I suspect "holding it in reserve" rather than implementing it will be more politically acceptable to most of his his headbanger MPs and therefore smooth its transition through Pt.

Cheers badger. 👍 

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Therefore a pointless waste of time.

Not really Ricardo - still a useful logistical exercise & preparation for when it is introduced for real.

They will be able to test efficacy of QR readers; make a judgement on time taken etc etc. Having had to plan things like this before (on a much smaller scale) I suspect that it will provide a valuable insight into some of the pressure points for when they try to do this for 25,000+.

I would have thought that a central register on season tickets would have been easier but have no idea of the technical possibilities of this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Heading South said:

A binner supporting relative ( don’t ask ) says it was not a problem, passes ready in your hand before turnstile , a quick glance by steward job done , before anyone says , yes it’s a smaller crowd but 21,000 first game did not prove problematic.

I would have thought a visual check was easily subject to fraud, and perhaps naively, thought a more scientific and rigorous approach would be adopted.

It's only a couple of clicks on the app to get proof of vaccination up so not really that much inconvenience as long as your prep it in advance. 

Unfortunately there will be a rise in cases as winter comes, so it makes sense to prepare for the inevitable implementation of rules 

BTW - it's not the NHS Covid app, it's just the more general NHS app you need for the certificate. 

21 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Don't have the app.

You can get a paper version apparently - but getting the app might be easier.

Got my paper copy from Nhs in July thinking may be needed in future, not got smart phone so needed proof of vac.  Was simple process to get was sent in 5 days 

I'm pedalling down to Carra tomorrow afternoon for the Watford game and as well as proof of my dubble jabba jabba, I'm also taking my Cycling Proficiency Certificate along to show to the steward......One can't be too careful.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

See canaries.co uk for checks to be held on Saturday, a number options available, probably need to get there a bit earlier.

Ruddy heck. This is bordering on the helpful- most unlike the current posts on here at the moment . 
Thanks CK. 

Wales have are now introducing mandatory checks to large events with over 11,000 people from 11 October. This is the kind of policy change the Premier League is preparing for - while possible for fans to refuse (politely I would hope) to show vaccination status or negative test right now in England - it may not be that way for too much longer.

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Wales have are now introducing mandatory checks to large events with over 11,000 people from 11 October. This is the kind of policy change the Premier League is preparing for - while possible for fans to refuse (politely I would hope) to show vaccination status or negative test right now in England - it may not be that way for too much longer.

By then everybody over the age of 18 will have had the chance to be double vaccinated, so the only adults unable to attend would be those that have chosen not to have vaccination.*

*I presume there will be certification for those medically unable to do so.