Sign in to follow this  
Canarybubs

Next Canary Manager?

Right, I firmly agree with anyone who''s posted a worthy out message tonight but who is there available to replace him?

Martin Allen? Mike Newell? are these guys gonna leave their clubs for us?

I don''t think Mr Blobby has had much to do recently after splitting up from Noel Edmonds. He''s probably had lots of time to get his coaching badges and would definitely be hungry after such a long spell out of the limelight. If Delia moves quickly we might just snatch him from under the noses of Newcastle. Also, he has the mobility, vision and ability of our new team captain so it would be a fantastic match.

What difference does it make? Im hardly one to say Nigel Worthington is the best manager we can get, but the abuse of a manager is part of the extremism of British football. If we cant lay the blame from a match on a single player and his blatant mistake or miscue, we default back to the manager. In WC 98 it was Beckham against Argetina. Failing that we immediately go back to Sven. The blame culture wears a bit thin after a while.What would have changed today if Jose Mourinho was running the club? Would whoever deflected the ball on the free kick would have been put in a different order in the wall?

Analysis of tactics is nice, but when the team wins no one bothers to say "well, that person was out of position, but we won anyways"

Sometimes you just get beaten.

im glad to see that somebody has got some sense we need to play balls on the floor to earnshaw if not wots the point in buyin a player thats as tall as a  drawf .  a new manager can u actually name one hu would wnt this job,  if no-body wants it just give me a bell i''ll take it

[quote user="Russ Feld"]

What difference does it make? Im hardly one to say Nigel Worthington is the best manager we can get, but the abuse of a manager is part of the extremism of British football. If we cant lay the blame from a match on a single player and his blatant mistake or miscue, we default back to the manager. In WC 98 it was Beckham against Argetina. Failing that we immediately go back to Sven. The blame culture wears a bit thin after a while.What would have changed today if Jose Mourinho was running the club? Would whoever deflected the ball on the free kick would have been put in a different order in the wall?

Analysis of tactics is nice, but when the team wins no one bothers to say "well, that person was out of position, but we won anyways"

Sometimes you just get beaten.

[/quote]

and sometimes you get played off the park....  4 home defeats on the spin now russ....

Ady Boothroyd

Phil Parkinson

Mike Newell

Martin Allen

And an outsider...Graham Roberts (ex-Tottenham) now managing Clyde

With the possible exception of Newell I don''t think any of the others would come before the end of the season, so we might as well stick with Worthy now, and get the right man at the end of the season.

Let''s all start praying Watford don''t win the playoffs...

Basically from the names raised here i get the feeling that there aren''t many decent available managers out there right now.

But if i were given the choice i''d have Mike Newell. He has done a terrific job with Luton and whenever i see them play they have the passion we need at this club right now.

Phil parkinson from Col u''s would be the man for the job,but as has been said all this is pointless as NW won''t quit and Delia won''t sack him!!!!!!

Anyone for the return of  Rob Chase???at least he had the balls to sack people(and fleece the club)!!!.