Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

PL Plastics Cap

With all the talk of the big 4 or 6 ruining the game due to the unlevel playing field regards TV money to appease the plastics, what about a 'Plastics Cap' being introduced?

For example, each PL club could have a cap of 20,000 plastics per team (perhaps a slightly temporary higher number for plastics attracted to short European adventures) based on various criteria such as distance from club, loose (and likely bollox) family connections, half and half scarf collections, closeness of accent etc. If a team manages to secure a certain amount of registered plastics then they receive a certain share based on that each season.

I'm sure there are better ideas for criteria.

Of course when a team like ours reach the delights of the PL we could then try to recoup 'lost plastics' from our last venture here and hit that ceiling, therefore increasing our pot. Everyone's a winner. With some of the talented people we have had at the club I suspect we could make it a success.

Certainly we would attract more plastics than clubs like Burnley or Brentford?

The more I think about it the less flaws I see.

33 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Do we get parachute plastics? Giving us time to shed some of our excess plastics if we get relegated

Good idea, however I'm not sure we have any.

That's why we need to start straight away in case they bring this ruling in!

How do you attract a plastic when you're a club like us?